Player OCD zone on base not working

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> we bought a player OCD zone for our faction base and applied it but it isnt working, my friend applied it twice i think so he might even lost 1 zone.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Sack07

Server? (EU or NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> RE EU

**When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)**arround 16:00-17:20 server time
=>

On which Playfield?
=> Eta 25732 I

Structure Name(s)?
=> DRK Headquarters

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 382487

How can we help you now?
=> pls check the ocd zone at our base why it isnt working and fix if possible

well nevermind u can close this ticket, the ocd zone works but it isnt arround the core, its on the the complete other side of the structure. in an old version of it i had a core at that place but it isnt anymore, sry for the trouble.

No problem. Yes, I think the feature only considers the initial core placement? @Jascha
Or can players update its location?

From the players side, if they moved the core from the original starter block location the only fix a player can do is the clearpivot command on the blueprint and then they have to respawn it again from blueprint after running the command.

prefabinfo ‘blueprint name’ -clearpivot

That is the only thing a player can do to resolve this themselves, which means tearing the structure down and respawning a new copy after running the clearpivot.

Now, if there is something an admin can do on the server side or not, I don’t know.
Players are limited on how to resolve this themselves though.

1 Like

And yes, the pivot point is always where the original starter block core was before being removed.
I recommend always running this command in creative after saving your blueprints the first time, and before using them on the server.

It seems the various zones on the server also use this pivot point to determing zone location.

A long time ago this used to be an automatic thing that happened when saving a blueprint. The devs changed it though and it requires manual use of the command now.

so this would make resetting the HUD marker much easier than copying and pasting the whole ship, right?

Yes. We could implement a one time correction function as long as it cannot be exploited. So the player would change the center to its current location. And as limit we say, not more then 100 meter away from the original Zone.

thanks for the replies, will try to fix it for the next season with the command TwitchyJ mentioned, the structure is quite big so i dont wanna rebuild again and i think even the 1 time fix wouldnt help me since the new location is farther then 100m i think :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.