POLL Origin PVP Restricted Planets

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

So currently as Guardian you are 100% safe on Uranus, because Alliance Members are not allowed to attack other alliance members, right?

Well - they could leave the alliance. And then they could attack you.

Itā€™s up to you as a team to deal with factions that do not play nice with others.

Mordgier have you read the rules? Guardians are not allowed to attack their own kindā€¦
and cant shoot first, so yeah it would be really weird if they attack eachotherā€¦ more like lawless faction then i would sayā€¦

Show me that rule because last I heard the guide was still being written for 5.0.

Edit: I see it under the section for alliance. Not sure if that still applies in 5.0 since the name isnā€™t updated. Weā€™ll see.

Seems like people want to do infighting within their origin groups on these pvp - origins groups.

Well I donā€™t mind PvP but I think the origin planets should remain restricted not so people can be lazy but say you just started on the game, you read somewhere online about the hws server so you join you get ur feet and gain a few lvls then two CVS pass over you wipe you out and loot ur stuff, ur options consist of starting all over for it to happen again or you quit and go to another server?
It all fine and well for us that have ocds and have been playing a while but in my eyes you want the server and community to grew people need a place to find their feet.

2 Likes

We all have OCD and someone still cry ) do you play in pre Alpha versions? On full pvp servers? When all ships shows in space? And you cant hide everywere? And without any OCD? We have ā€œweekā€ starter planet, we have Origin planet. If one faction leave the alliance and start destroy everthing we can unite and build strong alliance blockade bases.

1 Like

ok, im missing something maybe. IF a current guardian decides to ā€œleaveā€ the guardian origin as mentioned above, or disallow all auto-allies faction wise of the same origin, wouldnt they then basically be KOS to all the other people on that faction planet? Are we talking out of fear that 1 faction of an origin will ā€œgo rougeā€ against said faction and wipe us out? Cause i sure as hell donā€™t see that happening unless its a large faction group, you wont have 1-2 man factions causing much trouble, especially against say 10-15 other factions of that origin. Alsoā€¦ if one or two start to complain in chatā€¦ dont you think folks would start looking around to find themā€¦

Alsoā€¦ if they leave planetā€¦ and it remains origin faction only PVPā€¦ how they ever going to back in as they would no longer belong to that origin. So its a one time ā€œcut in runā€ scenario that seems to be talked about here. Maybe I got it wrongā€¦ but sheesh guysā€¦ your way over thinking itā€¦ just play the damn game and enjoy

1 Like

Itā€™s not quite like that.

For example LBP could have broken alliances with just 1 faction, wiped out their base and stayed friendly with everyone else.

We visit Pluto every now and then to check out if anyone built a base or miners and itsā€™ been a wasted trip every time.

Well here is an ideaā€¦
Starter planets and orbit: PvE. Anyone can enter orbit but only the right origin can enter the planet or moon. Allows for trading in orbit.

Origin planet and orbit: PvP. Anyone can enter orbit but only the right origin can enter the planet. Allows for warping to trade station at the starter orbit.

Thus is exactly the case right now.

And yes I am still rewriting the guide so donā€™t reference to it Thranir

This is what some of us are planning to do. Please donā€™t cave in to the knee jerk reactions @RexXxuS! Give us a few days to go out and make our own ā€œpveā€ places by fighting to protect them. Itā€™s only the SECOND day. If it becomes a problem that no one can be safe because it is soooo dangerous, then make the planet restricted. I see no reason to do that at this point.

Didnt understand the Topic. What are u gonna do with starter planet/system?

P.S.: Most of Pirates are without Ally.

Summary:

Starter Planets are not affected by this poll. They stay PvE like they have been.

The poll is about the non-starter faction Systems (Uranus,Neptune,ā€¦)

PvP there is enabled and people from other origins can enter the system, but are not able to land on the planets there.

The Question here is if people of other origins should be able to land on these planets. (Total PvP)

Pirates want lots of enemies to shoot and by having no allies you got exactly that. But the enemy forces may be bigger than you want in 5.0 :wink:

The problem of planets faction that I see and that will be problem are factions with LBP that left the pirate alliance of origin with excuse of in theory to have more enemies to fight, occurs that those who still respect the origin will be stabbed in the back by a group that In theory you should be allied and fight the other groups, and how to be a Russian and betray your country and how to be an American and help bin laden, something of this type, since you will already have and face the other 4 factions and most possible internal enemies , Really why Iā€™m going to do anything on the pvp faction pod if Iā€™ll be stabbed in the back ā€¦

Well it is simple all the groups of the origin, that deny its origin leaving the alliance are prevented from entering the faction planet until the same return, so that there is protection of the groups that maintained the alliance of origin, it can still enter the starter faction origin and In the orbits of both, more can never enter the planet faction, and there must be a cooldown of a few hours between leaving and returning to the origin again, and some protection system must be created that if the group leaves the alliance of the planet on the planet it is Moved automatically to orbit the planet.

Thatā€™s good to have all this plot of origin, alliances and factions if youā€™re going to be stabbed in the back by someone who should be your ally ā€¦

This is for all origins ā€¦

What would make you possibly think that it will be against the rules for pirates to fight each other no matter where they are?

The whole point of being pirates is to get fights. The best way to get fights is to have no alliances. If we wanted to circlejerk with the occasional PvP we would join guardian.

2 Likes

You didnā€™t seem to have a problem killing our fleet in Homeworld in 4.0 that you knew you found due to a bugged ship that only one of your guys could see on the map - where was this pirate love then? Why should we ally with you now?

Why should we ally with any other pirate faction? We happily fought SSP and 5AP.

What in the world is the point of being pirate if we canā€™t fight the other PvP oriented factions.

Nevermind that a ALL pirates vs the rest would be an awful awful imbalance.

1 Like

4.0 stayed in the past, did not live in the past, we are in 5.0 new world new gameplay new tools, and I did not say you can not do what you want, I used your faction as an example, this concerns all factions origins, be stabbed By the back is not welcome by anyone or even voices, and if I stay in a place where in theory should be safe because only mine or my origin can be and Iā€™m trapped in it, it would be better for me to be somewhere else There, otherwise I will not be surprised by anyone in treason the origins and all will be enemies in this way does not make sense planets faction origin pvp be closed only to factions, I left it open to anyone because it will not make a difference. The issue is not pirate LBP, or any other in particular, but the fact that in a planet restricted to faction, by a simple possibility of making a sneaky betrayal in the deep night while everyone sleeps or when nobody is online ā€¦