POLL Origin PVP Restricted Planets

You really don’t see a problem here???
I’m bringing this problem to light before this stuff happens that is possible. Alliances shouldn’t work like they do in this server. At the moment origin alliances are as good as nothing and to the question of yours “What if the rest of alliance doesn’t respond” how could they when the attacker is marked as a friend to them even after attack. These all are big problems in the alliance system. I can see that you have planned on attack exactly as i have told otherwise you would see a problem.

Because you can name and shame them with eye witness accounts, screen shots, and intruder logs.

After that their alliances will evaporate when everyone realizes they are only there to kill other origin members.

So, no, I don’t see a problem. And LBP has no alliances with anyone so I can’t do what you’re talking about.

I give up if you cant grasp or seems like you dont want to grasp how alliances do work there is no point arguing anymore. I’m sure there is ppl that sees this as it should be seen.

You have provided no argument for your side other than the fact that you don’t want to be attacked and the way the game is configured right now opens up a very slight possibility that you may get sucked into a conflict that will last all of 24 hours before the offending faction has all their alliances annulled.

I don’t understand why you chose to play on the PvP server instead of the PvE server if you are so petrified at the possibility of PvP.

Even in world war 1 and world war 2 the way you are describing alliances is not how they existed in the real world.

Just stop before this goes personal i have nothing against PvP i like PvP but how do you think its PvP when other side cant even react meaning that you can just destroy your enemy’s while they are sleeping and the worst part is that the enemy thought that you were friend when they went sleeping.

You’re acting like trader on trader, alliance on alliance, and hunter on hunter violence never occurred before 5.0.

The alliance system does not remove the possibility of griefing, all it does is provide the tools to respond to it properly. If you know of a way to remove griefing from the game that doesn’t completely break the ability for the alliance system to get interesting as the server evolves I am all ears.

I all ready told how it should work. Did you even read what i wrote. Ofc alliances are not going to end griefing but now how the alliances work it’s even made easier than before.

BTW we don’t even have alliance chat so communicating privately with your alliance that consists of numerous small factions isn’t possible.

I was under the impression that the , key opened alliance chat rather than faction chat now but I’m not in an alliance so I can’t test.

I read what you wrote. I interpreted it to mean that if you are in an alliance with another faction, and they are in an alliance of their own with a third party, all three of your factions should be in an alliance together. Is that correct?

I like the idea of Origin restricted orbits, I just don’t think it should be on the orbits that restrict so much movement. The way the map is now there’s only one way to get around and that’s through the Elemental Marketplace Orbit. The map is fine, but I think it should allow travel around the semicircle for anyone. I would like just the starter planets to be origin restricted.

The way Origins are set up make it just as dangerous because your auto turrets won’t shoot people in the same Origin, even if they are attacking you. So yeah, there are fewer people in the playfield but they are also immune to your defenses. That is not safer.

1 Like

This is simply not true. If you’re in an alliance you can’t damage the structure in any way. If you’re not in alliance the turrets will shoot back.

I thought Origins and Alliances were not the same thing.

You start in an alliance with all other people of the same origin. You can leave your origin alliance at any time.

If you remain in the alliance other alliance members can’t damage your structures (origin alliance or otherwise). If you leave your origin alliance (or, more accurately, leave every individual alliance with all the factions of your origin) your turrets will fire on other members of the same origin as you are not in the same alliance.

Man all this debate just because the LBP wants to have no alliance…leave them do what they want is their faction…

2 Likes

Okay, so if I leave the origin alliance I can no longer go into the restricted playfield for it?

You can still go into your origin playfield you will just be attacked by everyone still in the alliance. Which, if you’re not pirate, should be everyone.

The only problem I have with the faction planet is that someone can sit right next to your base ready to finish your core then un-ally you and only you, kill your base then do the same to everyone else then leave the planet with all the loot. If there was a way that if you un-alled 1 person you automatically get un-allied with everyone that person is allied to, then that would work perfectly for this faction planet idea. Else it is just super exploitable, I could have screwed over everyone on pirate origin by now but decided to just get far away instead, but not everyone will think like that, someone will cause a massive scene soon I’m sure.

People that have un-allied should be able to go back, otherwise its just a pve planet? and then it’ll be boring, but they should go back to pvp vs everyone there not just 1 or 2 people.

1 Like

Thanks to all that participated in the poll. Pretty clear where the majority vote lies.

HWS Team