Proposal: Hunter Contracts

Below are some notes I wrote to fill in details for hunter contracts when I put together the faction matrix. It could be more succinct and has some holes, but thought I’d share it for feedback as is.

CONTRACTS
A contract must be “offered” by posting it on the forums. A Hunter “accepts” a contract by posting a reply. Once “accepted,” a state of attack-on-sight exists between the “accepting” faction and the “target” faction.

A contract is considered “fulfilled” immediately upon completion of the terms.

A contract may be offered as Single, Multiple or Ongoing. A Single contract is automatically “cancelled” upon fulfillment by a Hunter. A Multiple contract may be fulfilled once and only once by each Hunter faction. An Ongoing contract may be fulfilled an infinite number of times by every “accepting” Hunter.

A contract may be “cancelled” at any time by the offering faction by positing a reply to the original offer. A deleted “offer” will also be considered as cancelling the contract.

A “cancelled” contract may no longer be fulfilled. This also cancels the attack-on-sight state between the “target” and all “accepting” factions.

A Multiple contract “fulfilled” by a Hunter cancels the attack-on-sight state between the “target” and the fulfilling Hunter.

An “accepting” Hunter faction may “withdraw” from a contract by posting a reply to the original offer. This cancels the attack-on-sight state between the target and Hunter. A deleted “acceptance” will also be considered to be “withdrawal.”

Contracts offered by Alliance, Hunter or Trader alliance, or by non-faction players, targeting other than Pirates or Lawless are considered infractions of faction rules. Each “fulfillment” is considered a separate infraction.

I am thinking of creating a backend for it in HWS Connect. Like a Job Dashboard. As a Bounty Hunter you can accept / decline jobs there. As other factions you can place contracts there.
Depending on your faction you get different rewards / a contract costs different.
Oh dear, there is so much possible if we had more time and less bugs / drama

1 Like

That would be so awesome :slight_smile: