Questions from new player

Hi. I’m coming back to empyrion and obviously I’m coming back to the best empyrion server aswell :slight_smile: I’ve played SP and I see that it’s easier than before. I had to fix few blueprints but generally all old blueprints are still fine (surprised). I’ve read forum a little bit to see what has changed on the server. Last time I’ve played here it was season 6. I see star gates. Map and factions seems to be the same. I see some nice skill tree feature - I like it a lot. I have few questions.

I’ve found a message on forum “Ok but the whole concept of making money is for buying garage ships. If OP garage ships wont exist anymore there is no sense on making money.” - I guess that I don’t know something. Wasn’t gathering money for OCD and AMs best choice? Are these garage ships any better than private ones? Is it related with extended number of turrets? I see some projects with 15 or 21 drills. I guess that weapon limits didn’t change over last 1+ year right? Is it possible to build hv with 15 or 21 drills or we are limited to 6 for our own builds? Can we create our own garage ships?

I see that season 9 started less than 1 month ago. Can you tell me please how long will it take? When can I expect the next wipe?

Is it still possible to put autominers in PVE zones?

Is it still possible to change faction by transfering player between EU/NA server?

In season 6 there were some ideas about creating some kind of academy which helps new players. Is there still something like that? Previously I was playing solo as freelancer. I want to have some fun in PVP and test my own projects which are focused on PVP.

If new player will die right after leaving the starter planet and his ship will get destroyed then I assume that I should start over on starter planet again like in season 6?

Some people are saying that it’s possible to have a base on ECC now. Is that true? Are there any limitations?

Magnesium is still available only on Sanctuary?

Well hi, welcome back!

Garage ships exist but I wouldn’t call them OP. That was the debate in the quote you referenced.

It depends. AMs are always a good choice, OCD is as well. The OCD and EB levels were bumped up to 10 this season.

Yes, I have a whole post about garage ships here. HWS Garage Ship Community Review and Discussion

The only weapon limits to have changed are turrets on bases and mounted CV rockets and laser.

Yep, look at the garage ship submission section to the post I linked you above. I believe there is a more updated post from Rexxxus about it but that’s the basics. They need to be approved.

Roughly every 3 months.

Yes.

Also yes.

Server side, no. My faction (TAW) does do something like that internally and we’ve discussed doing something for the whole server like you mentioned.

That’s really situational. I’d try to avoid going back to starter because you only get one fa:supply per week.

Not on ECC. The meta planet next to it, yes. Check the planet for limits.

No. Multiple locations.

Any more questions?

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply :slight_smile: I think I know everything important now :slight_smile:

1 Like