Racom speed forge does not give back expected ingots

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> Racom speed forge wastes close to half of the ore it processes. I put in 500 erestrum ore and only got back 580 ingots. If I had used my own constructor it would have been 1000 ingots.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Uncle Fubar

Server? (EU or NA)
=> NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> around 22:40

On which Playfield?
=> ECC Sector

Structure Name(s)?
=> HWS Racom

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 12238

How can we help you now?
=> Please fix speed forge. If the speed is intended to ‘cost’ by giving back less ingots, then that should be stated somewhere plainly.

It’s likely over cpu. When cpu is less than 100% you get less ingots back. I think it’s a fairly new change rex may not be aware of. I personally have a base with 60 furnaces that I’m pretty sure would be faster anyway

unfortunately, there is a problem with having way to many furnaces and low amount of ore:
all the furnaces try to fetch the ore at same time and when there are to many of them, first ones are already finished with one cycle and others are still trying to fetch the first “job”…
sometimes they “freak out” a bit, the missing ore is still shown as processing it the forges, but it’s stuck before finished…practically in limbo until new ore is provided and in most cases lost…


she has got me where i need to be many times…

I checked it and found, that with 8 Furnaces, everything works fine. But with like 24 Furnaces or more, the Output becomes less and less. So I reduced the Furnaces on the Racom, set to max. CPU. The Output is still only like 90%, but I think, that’s ok, right? So I put on a sign now, with that hint.

Thanks all for your feedback!

btw.: Racom has O2 again. There was a hole…


I could reproduce it and hope Eleon fixes it asap.

To ALL players. Spread the word.
If you want to improve the game, please try to do the same as I did. Play a bit of detective.

Load a SP game, try to do the same things as you did when the issue happened and send me your savegame.
In this case you would have saved me 2 hours, I could have invest in fun things for everyone.
In the video I grabbed a prefab base, put 24 Furnaces on it, linked all of them to the green and red container (that took the most time) and tried to find the pattern, when the game steals my ore.

I would be also open to implement a new bonus bug hunt program for each savegame you send me with bugs in it.
50% OCD upgrade reduction or so.


My base with 60ish furnaces produces 1000 ore from 500 every time. (The correct amount). It’s called Dumpster Sauce Base on Safe Planet if you’d like to try. I posted the reason it produces less ore in the very first reply in this thread. When it is over cpu it produces less ore. I’m not even sure it’s a bug, over cpu is supposed to degrade everything’s performance and it stands to reason furnaces may also be included.

I tested the CPU too. It doesn’t matter.
Even with 100%, it produces only ~90%.
But I might check, thx

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.