RE Progression path

I’m l25, have a starter CV with lots of solar and 5 laser drills, 14 projectile turrets.
Access to all generic materials except Zas(using OAM for that). Set up base in a system next to ECC. I’ve done some of the missions, it’s telling me to go back to the starter systems to drop off a newspaper atm ! So…

I1) is it important to do the story quests ? is it to your detriment if you don’t ?

1. i’ve been to 50 systems and 40 planets and found zero Zascosium despite checking hot worlds more often than the others. Unlucky or looking in the wrong place ? (i’m checking immediate systems within 30 LY of ECC)

2. From what i’ve read in chat, i need to be taking on Zirax CVs to get inital upgrades ? What CVs and were does one find them and what do they drop, for what upgrades ?

3. When i get my event A.core i’m Going to make a CV with the generic 4 cpu extenders(advanced). Would it be best to unlock some of the fancy turrets and put some on this ship( cruise missiles ?)

4. done all of the Abandoned POIs in 1.4, loot was decidedly Meh…What does one need to take on to get something more than an epic shotgun as the major loot ?

5. I see Hell Planets being mentioned all the time, what are they and where do i find them !

Any help greatly appreciated !

I1) is it important to do the story quests ? is it to your detriment if you don’t ?

The Vanilla Story line no it offers very little rewards most players skip this and do other quest lines.

i’ve been to 50 systems and 40 planets and found zero Zascosium despite checking hot worlds more often than the others. Unlucky or looking in the wrong place ? (i’m checking immediate systems within 30 LY of ECC)

Zascosmium in K type system sometimes in planets, sometimes in asteroid
contact me in game for an asteroid location there is many maybe your not checking both planets and asteroids? they are seperate tabs.

From what i’ve read in chat, i need to be taking on Zirax CVs to get inital upgrades ? What CVs and were does one find them and what do they drop, for what upgrades ?

This is talking about Upgrade kits to craft the heavy turrets as well as long range radar and a few other things you can also buy them no need to fight the CV if you dont want to. Kennez stations in polaris sell these. as well as some other locations. i think people mostly hunt the zirax CV for specifically the upgrades for turrets due to the easy nature of killing the Destroyers which have 8x large upgrade kits ( heavy laser turret contains it on the cv)

When i get my event A.core i’m Going to make a CV with the generic 4 cpu extenders(advanced). Would it be best to unlock some of the fancy turrets and put some on this ship( cruise missiles ?)

Cv can have 1x basic extender 2x improved extender and 5x advanced extender not sure where your getting the number 4 from here. Also Cruise EMP is intensely strong highly reccomend.

done all of the Abandoned POIs in 1.4, loot was decidedly Meh…What does one need to take on to get something more than an epic shotgun as the major loot ?

Loot is generated via RNG so whatever kind of containers your opening will determin the loot pool its pulling from, i personally have been knocking off plasma planet POIs for some good loot. black pyramids are realllyyyyy easy for newcommers to core (its like 3 blocks down off the tip) andit has some of the best loot in the game. Found on Rocky deserts

I see Hell Planets being mentioned all the time, what are they and where do i find them !

Find them in K and D systems i think the most, They are popular for drone parts to make auxillary CPUS to extend your overall CPU cap passed the max i mentioned earlier in this post

PS: PXP is Recruiting newbies !

1 Like

Super reply old chap, you got a recruit ! I know so little of R.E. compared to EU, like…Plasma Planet ? what the…