Red Wall Base Exploit

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened: Members of the OP4 faction are exploiting the red wall teleport function to glitch themselves inside of the solid structure of an HPG base on Golden Globe. Once inside the solid block structure, it appears to the player they are in an empty dome, however, they can cause turrets to fire on our own base, and fire from within this protected area at equipment ‘outside’.
Player(s) with issue: HPG Faction/AlfonzFred
Server: NA
Time (cb:time): This has been done several times, primarily by Silent Reaper and 2nd. Lt. Warhammer. Times are various. They discovered this as a faction on Thursday of last week around 11p EST. They have continued to utilize the exploit against us while pretending they are unaware of what they are doing. Evidence can be viewed in the HWS NA Police channel.
Playfield: Golden Globe
Structure Name(s): Your Mom
Structure ID(s): 27232382
How can we help you now: A ‘deputy’ had declared this exploit as ‘legal’, and I am curious if that is the case, as I can’t see how among the many various activities which are banned on the server, glitching inside of solid structures wouldn’t be considered an exploit of the worst kind. @RexXxuS @Jascha

I hope we can set this matter to rest, as I would really prefer not to have to constantly be worried about people using such cheap tactics, as is apparently the intention highlighted in the above post.

OK HERE IS THE RULE…Touching is fine… if it breaches the wall…ilegal, simples

The question isn’t the base is touching the red wall, it’s that it is close enough that enemies run into the red wall and spawn inside it where they can fire out of it. There is no question that this tactic was used and frankly, that is unarguably straight abuse of the mechanics.

1 Like

I think the universal answer to this will be “don’t build next to red wall”. Could it be labeled an exploit? Possibly, not for me to determine. Have I done this? No. Maybe Eleon will finally address this in version 8 by removing the green wall and the red wall making it a full round world instead of a flat map that teleports you from one side to the other.

1 Like

From my understanding of what eleon has posted, the red and green walls will remain in 8.0

From the server rules:

I don’t think teleporting into someones base to destroy it and vessels in it with impunity qualifies as an intended functionality. Just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

While building at the red and green wall always is flagged under the “use at your own risk” rule abusing the new red wall teleportation is against our rules as SirKnum pasted.

If this happen again we will punish them @BigRed and everyone.