Ship stolen in pve

Stealing backpacks is only illegal on starter play fields.

4 Likes

Someone must have left their keys on the ignition. Public cockpit is not good for things you want to keep. Codes are the best way to keep this from happening. Not sure if punishment is needed though. Scorpions sting because it’s their nature :frowning:

1 Like

You’ve got to be kidding me bob, stop defending the undefendable. If this is a legit steal from PVE, there should be a temp ban. This is the same stuff ICE on EU did, it wasn’t acceptable there and it shouldn’t be acceptable on NA.

Public cockpit or not, these are veteran players. They know the rules. “Scorpions sting because it’s their nature” isn’t a valid excuse at all.

not defending the action or the player. the cockpit was left public. making a ticket demanding a punishment for ones own mistakes is a waste of the admins time.

Check the video yourself mate, it was a legitimate grab. No shenanigans done.

As Bob said, leaving a cockpit public is just like leaving the keys in the sun visor.

3 Likes

This has been ruled legal in the past; no rules were broken. There is no point in duplicate reports. DO NOT leave cockpits, cargo boxes, etc public,… veteran players should know this. The vehicle was stolen in PVP. See below for the Forum Post where Rex ruled it legal.

1 Like

Very 1st rule

" You are NOT allowed to steal backpacks or structures from players on PvE Starter Playfields (planets and orbits) . This rule only applies to PvE Starter Playfields, not PvP Starter Playfields ."

Not something I myself would do. I am not disagreeing it is a dick move, but it is not against the rules. Chalk it up as a lesson learned rather than start a heated argument that will only hurt us all.

Pve is player vs environment.
PvP is player vs player.

Any player interference in pve is greifing.
And should be punished.
Doesn’t matter if that’s parking on top of someone’s ship blocking them in, stealing backpacks or otherwise interfering, it’s all greifing in pve.

Pve does not mean “pvp with the gloves on”

You can’t have “a legimit grab” in pve.
Any “grab” is a pvp move in a pve only zone.

My point stands.

still stands at this point. game style preferences are not on trial. pirates are roleplaying their origin. this is well within the scope of that. not a preferred way to play to some. earthly criminal laws should not be viewed the same in a video game. there are more pressing issues that admins could be working on. please try to see this is a universe with several trials and tribulations. everything could be lost at any time. no need for malice. just precautions and recovery tactics.

I used to get upset at those damn ghosts when they ganked my Mrs Pac-Man back in the day. one day i realized they are just programmed that way. i found fighting the programming is impossible and discovered ways to avoid and recover. this is not much different.

My apologies for not being able to respond for the last few hours, had to catch a few hours of sleep.

My question though, Firebeard, is are you trying to get a new rule implemented or an old rule to be changed?

Because when I read the rules, as I have probably 100 times by now, I see the backpack rule. I see it only applies to PvE Starters, and if you lose your sht in the rest of the galaxy, it’s a learning experience. You’ve got likely just as many hours in the server as I do, you should know not to leave cockpits set to public.

In my eyes, grabbing your ship in ECC last night was a legit grab. You had the cockpits (all of them) set to public. If the rule gets changed now, so be it. But don’t try to get me banned (I know, everybody wants ‘lil ol’ me gone) on some trumped up attempt to paint me badly.

End of the day this is just wasting RexXxuS/Jascha’s time, they’ve got far more important things to focus on and deal with. A large faction like JVI can shrug off the loss of one 10k SV, I’m sure of it.

2 Likes

interesting information. why would someone leave a ship with multiple cockpits set as public? that just seem like a very dangerous thing to do unless its purpose was to be a lure.

Check the video I had posted at 3:29ish, Can see me removing the codes from all the cockpits

1 Like

Man I lost a fortune in xeno at ecc for the same thing being a public box in a garage ship… was ruled a fault of my own… I took the L from rexxx n went on my grind to replenish…

Probably best if we all wait for Rexxus on this one. Let’s all keep our cool 'till he can deliver judgement.

" Next thing: if there is a report where a player is concerned about something, do not bomb this Topic up to 90 posts please. It is causing just even more time investment to read all of that . Some of it isn’t even helpful…" Quote from Rexxus in the following thread: Abuse of PvP game mechanics. Therefore if we could all avoid commenting until Rex makes his judgement that’d be great.

Chaotic and Firebeard have both been productive so far, the former in posting a video, the latter in posting the ticket. All the constructive stuff that could be said has been said.

Let’s wait for final judgement.

Best regards,
Wise.

3 Likes

I agree with the Wiseman#738

if a ship is on public, then anyone can tamper with it because it is on public.

I once left a medium armor in public locker in ECC near repair station so that anyone could change and repair their armor. But somebody stole it! I guess I should have reported him and asked for a ban! /sarcasm
If you leave things on public it’s either stupid or provocation.

OMG…
Now i saw everything…

Sorry @Wiseman738, But I have to disagree.

First off, if somebody wants to speak on the matter, they should be allowed to do so as long as they follow the rules for forums behavior.

Secondly, most of the comments posted relate directly to the topic with either historical references to similar previous reports/instances and how they were handled.

If you’re going to attempt to moderate or censor what players wanna say, make sure there is a rule backing your attempt or otherwise, ironically, your own post becomes “bombing the topic” with more “investment to read all of that”