[SOLVED] Experiencing a game launch issue

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> When I go to launch Empyrion Galactic Survival from my steam Library, the application initially opens with the EAC splash screen but then immediately restarts my whole system.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> fa13dguy

Server? (+ EU or + NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> Not applicable

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> Not applicable

On which Playfield?
=> Not applicable

Structure Name(s)?
=> Not applicable

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> Not applicable

How can we help you now?
=> I was curious to know if anyone else has this problem in the past and what I can do to try and fix it. Do I need to adjust a configuration file that has become corrupted? seems like it’s a forced restart of some kind. Thanks in advance!

1st thing to try is file verification in steam. next step would uninstall then reinstall.

be sure gfx drivers are up to date and all windows updates are installed too…

1 Like

I’ve done the “verify game files integrity” option and it persists. I’ll go ahead and uninstall and reinstall to see if maybe that fixes the issue. Thanks, Bob!

i see it’s been a while since u played (or at least a while since u posted here) the game has gone through some major upgrades requiring more system and GFX memory. what’s ur system specs?

My specs are: Ryzen9 3900x, 2070SUPER, 64Gb RAM
It runs other intensive games like Star Citizen fine without issue. This problem only cropped up within the last day or so. I have checked to make sure all drivers are up to date but I did some digging and found that maybe it has to do with NET framework. I’ll verify this and see what I can do. As of right now, I am unable to play EGS and my only way of playing is through the HWS connect tool :sweat_smile:

I’m in! Turns out… it was an issue with my GPU fan speed and delayed response time greater than 2 seconds between the executable. So I forced some settings in Dragon Center by adding a profile specifically for EGS (Made the GPU fan speed run at a higher rate by default). Wow. What a quirky thing lolol

1 Like

explains most everything here…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.