Something needs to be done

i remember this wipe well because i jumped out of my sv and into the water killing rookie and ranz with c4 cuz they were hiding from me in the water looting with drone and blowing up their base forcing ranz to go freelancer he was so mad…

also want to add in screen shot 1 it shows me flying over it big deal… this is a fine example just like the russians and their video … showing me using a sv docked to my tank as a shield … they are from russia playing on NA . It was a visual glitch! im sick of these petty meow tactics … that visual glitch was seen also by other players im glad i didnt get punished for that one anyways awareness to edited video’s or screen shots used in a lame manner that is all…

Looks like you weren’t cut out for CoD… are you suggesting you would still be playing that game if you didn’t get spawn camped? Did you have other options for spawning?

Alt F4 is always an option!

I feel like if perhaps the OCD was disabled on Pirate Journey and those that wish to get their kills on can do so for 50 hours using the survival techniques they picked up over the seasons they learned and make the game interesting, like the game style of pubG. And if they cant get enough they can use the reset command to do it over again, really make the experience what people want. A lawless sector to really prove that you can survive in such harsh conditions without the handicap of god ships that really should not be there.

A planet and moon system all on its own connected to a star where tutorial pirate and the HQ sit in different parts. The moon can have rare resources so making your way there would be rewarding so you can come back and get better kills and still be ruthless, however this is fine because your still limited to 50 hours.

I just feel after a fresh wipe a lot of players feel like we are all starting on an even playing field and we should all enjoy a good shoot out at that kind of equal start. So taking away the OCD on this new formed Pirate Journey and coming out of it is a true test of your skills rather then just pulling out a god ship from a OCD farm you got without effort.

If you still want OCD perhaps a way to limit the OCD is to obtain lvl 5 or 10 depending on what you want used at the start of spawn and earn the rest of lvl 25 once you warp out of the sector? That way most of the weapons you can use are severely limited to tier 1 or 2 which is not as harsh and you cant use advanced thrusters to race to each kill in less than a second?

The murdering will still happen. I killed almost 10 different people in the first 5 minutes just with the minigun/pistol without pulling from OCD. Equip that minigun on your way down!

Anyways, I support no OCD on Pirate Journey Planet/Space. It will need a teleporter though to get out of there for those that just want instant 25 and off starter.

1 Like

No it wasn’t spawn camping, it is from all those that lack skills having to use an aimbot to shoot through the walls of the map. No skill whatsoever having to resort to an aimbot, and I refuse to be someones fodder for 2 seconds of gameplay each round.

My apologies for my misunderstanding! But yes, straight up cheating will turn even the most dedicated people away from a game. Of course, there was no hacking in the situation the original poster is talking about.

In reply to Oz teleporter, I see you guys talk that PVP starter should not be easy to get off world, after being told to Git Gud after being spawn killed multiple times and told to reset that doesn’t mean these same players who say “Git Gud or do reset” should have access to a teleporter. Lets not have double standards here, if you claim to have skill you don’t need an easy button.

1 Like

Technically that is what is in place right now. The Pirate starter sector has 2 planets, Tutorial and Journey. These are the actual names of the planets and not a quest as the game description inadvertently implies. Tutorial is PvE and Journey is PvP. The space around both is in fact PvE. You are probably thinking of a PvP version of the Prototype start. This may solve the issue entirely. Perhaps there should be a “no rules” PvP start on a brutal planet where only the strong can get out. Leaving Pirate starter available for those that would like to start as a PvE pirate.

The moral of the story is not so much the cheating aspect, it’s more of the experience that the player receives, especially a new player to either the game or HWS. A bad experience is always a loss for the receiving end. My bad experience, the OP bad experience, both leave a negative effect and less of an inclination to want to play. Saying “get gud” to a new player is like telling a dog to shit in the toilet, it’s not happening overnight. Maybe not ever. But hey on a positive note, at least they didn’t combat log!

2 Likes

I personally might hang out on starter planet for a bit. The teleporter is for those that just want insta-25; probably a better way to do it as I didn’t put much thought into it.

Having skill and not wanting to start from scratch for a 943rd time are separate issues I believe. Maybe not though…

1 Like

Yeah, no we never attacked your base. That’s not how the events happened lol.

Just so we are all clear, it wasn’t a Op4 and ACP had a base. It was two ACP players had to avoid getting camped by Op4 on spawn lol. Op4 was killing people as they came into the playfield as they were flying around in micro SVs with weapons.

Our base had a single cannon turret? And we had to fight 3 or 4 Op4 players in SVs who had rockets of some sort. So between having to avoid getting killed after coming into the playfield, and dealing with a faction who had SVs with rockets, yeah that was why the report was made.

Hard to build a base to defend against SVs when you don’t even have a single flak or rocket turret on your base.

PvP starters are greater as long as everyone does not have access to OCD or Autominers. Everyone has to mine all their resources raw and then craft. Also, no do:re or any other source to get resources :wink:

1 Like

“Why are we allowing people the beam me up ship in pvp Journey in the first place to instant escape something that is supposed to challenge them?”

Well I mean I thought the pvp Journey was to avoid making it easy, if your just getting lvl 25 spawn a ship and leave then where is the struggle? Why should players get that benefit of lvl 25 with no risk? The whole beam me up kind of ruins the ride, if we wanted easy with no effort missions to make us instant lvl 25 why not offer them outside of the pvp journey. Seems to me like there is two separate interests of conflict here and trying to satisfy one only hurts the other. Because players like the capacity to be instantly lvl 25 however then require no work needed? Why give them the easy button?

Seems to me like this helps pirates more then it should and its largely unnecessary for the theme of what pvp Journey was about.

My thoughts exactly. PvP start should be a grind, no OCD or OAM access period so the field is fair. As far as going between tutorial and journey, I think they should be split to two separate systems altogether, and only can warp 1 way to HQ so there is no spillover between them for PvPers to save their stuff in PvE.

1 Like

My first time on HWS I started on the PVP starter… most enjoyable PVP I have had here! Had a back and forth with a 3-man faction (FIL?) for a couple of days… But yes… separate the insta 25 and disable OCD/OAM on PVP starter would be good.

3 Likes

I think we should have a deathmatch event that you can only use the survival tool and 1000HP. For entertainment sake.

2 Likes

Bring back the SV/HV/CV Deathmatches as well! Many disputes were solved this way!

1 Like

Thank you all for considering this post, was a little worried I would have gotten bashed by players with the “git gud mentality” Would honestly like to watch them flail around like a magikarp against a ships blasters and say the same thing, but this post is not about revenge, its how we make it fair and in reason so no one needs to endure it again because it doesn’t do anything but cause the majority grief and only give one doing it trolling bliss. However I believe HWS is about making it fun for everyone and not just one person.

I hope that we can give our PVPers something to shoot at, but it should not be like shooting fish in a barrel, and hopefully a fix can make that possible. I don’t want them to think another watering hole has dried up for them to hunt something. So maybe we can find a solution for them as well.