Suggestion: PvP and PvE connection

I’d suggest to connect PvP and PvE regions through planets that have PvE orbit and PvP on planetside.
Maybe a mix of Planets some with PvP some PvE.
Resources adapted to the danger and easy escape into orbit.

Such a setup would help newbies getting used to PvP, jump without danger into the first PvP zones, experience it there and once you know how it goes you can warp one step further into pure PvP.

Similarly I’d not permit supergates vom PvE to PvP or the other way around, I’d make it pure warp reachable.

IMO Planets should match space in PvP status and there should be clearly warned routes to PvP zones. It’s pretty easy for new players to accidentally fly into one atm.

I would much rather have alerts saying “You are entering a PvP zone” than the ones spamming about CSW and stuff too :slight_smile:

Just like planets should warn about drone bases, so many people don’t know about it and get wrecked in pve.

But I disagree on pure PVP only, there are only disadvantages from that.
The reason is accessability.

More PVP is great, right ? But most people don’t dare go there, they don’t like to be ganked on their way in and are not fit for the fight (too much worth in their ships).

My idea aims like a pvp tutorial. You can enter the area, build a space station and do PVP on selected planets.

This would bring more people into the full PVP zones over time, pure PvE players will start becoming mixed PvP because they see that more and better minerals can be found. Maybe greater POI stashes, etc.
The more those two worlds are connected the more fun for PvP players.

I can appreciate where you are coming from with this idea, but its actually the opposite direction from what we have seen needed to be done to make PVP actually enjoyable, and for good reason. Specifically: PVP where the other person can easily just pop away is frustrating, and a zero sum game. Pirates have to sit for hours on end and hunt a zone, just to have someone cross an imaginary border and call “SAFE!”. Alliance dont have pirates to fight in a specific zone, because without a desire to be there, isolated pvp zones are just abandoned.
Hence the changes in recent versions, making 1 way jumps, supergate transfer only at some areas, and making fights shorter and deadlier. PVP has needed some TLC for a long time, specifically because it wasn’t dangerous enough.
Where I think your idea could really have some merit though would be a sort of arena playfield or planet. Something like a small moon with 1-2 POI’s, lots of open space, indestructible terrain, and regular wipes. Somewhere for designated meetings like what Desert World Mountain was used for last season. An easy place to go to to find someone to fight, if you are looking for a fair fight. Because an unfair fight where someone could just fly straight up for 15 seconds and be out of danger is going to be a short boring one.

Understand your argumentation, but isn’t it as easy to escape with a ship in PVP itself ?
Nothing prevents you from engaging warp, takes just 2-3 seconds ?
You are right that escaping is frustrating, the game would need an agression timer to solve that issue partly (preventing warp for 15 seconds after being hit or hitting, preventing PvE zone the same way)

Maybe we don’t actually need a new planet, new zone …
To make my idea true all we actually need is a small PvP Moon in Atlantis & Binomi system.
Put some gold mines and magnesium mines on it and trust me it will NOT be an abandoned place ;>
Add some settings to prevent it being easily owned by a faction (no blueprint spawns, only tiny bases allowed, etc) so it stays competitive who can mine.
All the PvE miners who mine the belts would be intrigued to go there.
Cause there is rarely any gold or magnesium in the belts and those are usually empty very fast.

The server has a lot more newbies than you’d think, I see new ones every day.
Give them a place to train pvp, I think it would work out.
It’s not meant to be a place for the professional PvP, it’s mainly meant as a training ground.
Right now the server is split in half, all the PvE players stay in PvE, I bet my new ship that many could not resist the golden promise on a moon like that.

That is basically already done with Sathon, Jupidor and Armageddon.
HWS is the only server as far as I know who make use of a dynamic universe like the PvPvE rotation planets.
That way in PvE new players can see the rewarding resources there and try to build a base up.
But in PvP (short duration) they can test their buildings etc.

@RexXxuS
I bet the large majority of PvE focused players never go to Jupidor or Sathon. At first you need a CV (or risk the supergate) and then you don’t know where you end up after the warp.

Most PvE players don’t even have a CV which they are willing to risk, and the newer ones can’t afford creating a second one for that purpose.

If it was a small planet or moon in a PvE zone then the difficulties would go away, it would be much more accessible. I’d make it permanent PvP, no rotation. Just a tiny planet with strict building limits and rare resources to mine.
All the people who mine the asteroids would always see the “better” ores nearby.

Think of it like the candies in a supermarket, they put the small candies directly next to the finishing line.
All the kids want them, sooner or later they get it.
And once they got used to it they will go for the full package :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good thinking there :slight_smile:

To be honest the Trade Commodities… just fly into “PvP” to make a lot of money is something I wanted to give these new players a taste of the “risk”.
But of course this system is so new, not many will fully utilize it in the next 3 months even.

So yeah, a little PvP Moon in Atlantis / Binomi, could make a big difference.
I will think about it for awhile and what the impacts of it is.

Some issues could arise like frustrated PvP players not be able to kill anybody because the “prey” fly away in PvE, laughing at them.
And base building in PvP MP Empyrion is… tricky at best.

Let’s see how the overall feedback of the season goes.
More PvP is a slight direction I’ve heard of already - even though I’m happy to see so many happy PvE players and even PvP guys enjoying now the PvE content.

1 Like

Great to hear :slight_smile:
Anyone complaining from people escaping in a PVE zone shouldn’t be a concern :slight_smile:
I mean that’s like complaining on starter planet that the resources are too small to build a fortress ^^
Also flying away when mining isn’t that easy, either you are in a hovercraft (which can’t escape without CV) or you are on foot which means you risk getting shot and looted.

I’m quite new myself so I just spoke from a newcomers perspective without endless resources at hand.
I’d really focus that moon on resources, if possible limit bases to certain amount of blocks so they simply can not get big.
It shouldn’t be a place to control, it should be a place to mine and go away.
It shouldn’t be a place to fortify, more a place to mine and retreat or pirate those who want to mine.

Resources could be entirely made from rares, mostly gold and magnesium.
In exchange those could be completely taken away from the belt.
Maybe even reducing Zar. and Erestrum Asteroids and adding plenty of it on the moon.

Aside of that, I like the commodities. I’m not sure if they will bring many people into PvP zones but it certainly gives more value to the game.
More things to collect, ways to earn profit.

1 Like