Suggestion Tool for "selling / deconstructing" Ships

Related to this somewhat, but a little off topic, is the information available to have structure commander show the last visit time or date for a structure? Would be very good for helping to make sure you don’t miss a visit to a base or similar by an hour or minutes and end up with it deleted.

Actually completely unrelated and also answered in others posts. :slight_smile:

Look in Structure commander, under the “Last Visited” column. That should do it for you.

1 Like

Oh sweet. That must have been fairly recently added?

Yes need it hard. having entered too much ships…

Soo… Are you on NA?

He is EU. But nothing stopping you from going in a cheap ship CSW fetching one ship at a time and going back xD

1 Like

yep best Server EU :smiley:

We are on EU Server. Maybe you are willing to offer an EU-Server pick-up Service?

I like where you’re going with this gents!

Do you wanna hit me up and let’s talk volume? If it’s worth the effort, I typically don’t say no to hard work and good profit.

:slight_smile:

Ilets talk, PYB!

In many cases I pay for your ships up front. Only exception would be if you have truly a massive qty that I can’t front. :wink:
We can also discuss payment via blocks (typical) and/or credits or a combo of both.

Looking forward to it!

• hops

I would like to see something similar to the repair block, but instead disassembled what is parked on it. Maybe reuse a harvest box to store parts, and pulls off a random block every 5- 10 seconds.

If they could do this I would build a funnel to throw everythi in and grind it all down.

For the love of god, some sort of upgraded tear-down mechanism. Either a breakdown bay, that disintegrates block by block ships above it and puts in a box, or a multitool turret. Or both!

Mcprouty, Mar 9, 2017
Edit Delete Report Reply
(from http://empyriononline.com/threads/whats-your-expectation-for-6-0.9378/page-4#post-106734)

been hoping/asking for that one forever… can almost bet it wont show up on initial release of 6, but heck… just maybe.

Disclaimer: Im pretty new to the game and have not fully read/understood the APIs available for EMP on structures. This structure will be referred to as “shipyard” in this suggestion. Forgive me if it all sounds outlandish!

This shipyard/scrapyard sounds like a a sizable undertaking for the running team (if it green lights) seeing as how it might actually require multiple pre requisite mods to make a fully functional shipyard mod. I’m a little late into this suggestion thread but here goes:

A. Shipyard Existence
Admin/Server (one can only hope a player is allowed to build one) only structure which is either

1. Bought at X credits and spawned in by admin
  2. Server only ownership of X number of Shipyards in EM
  3. Player Licencing scheme where player pays X for X amount of rental time or X uses.

B. Shipyard Makeup I
Shipyard contains 8 marker blocks on a BA structure which designates a rectangular cuboid space in which to park the ship in question. (Pre Req Mod)

C. Shipyard Makeup II
Deconstruction block (using pre existing models such as the repair blocks or a deco block) which is part of the same BA structure that does either:

1. Shoots 1 or multitude of multitool beams (visible or invisible with X extended range within markers) which deconstructs the blocks within the 8 marker blocks. This method will create a physical de-con of the ship on a X min timeframe.
    or
  2. Scans/targets ship within the 8 marker block space and saves it as a BP to a temp folder on server, calculates the resources of the BP multiplied by % to return. Server empties the temp BP folder immediately. This method might allow a more instant de-con when it fires the instant delete function after resource calculation.

D. Resource reimbursement
Hopefully can be released by:

1. Server depositing into player inventory (if its full, you lose the excess!)
  2. Server creating a shipyard package which players retrieve akin to fa:supply or am:getall
  3. Orbital Shipyard Account which has to be retrieved in 7 days of first usage. Does not survive wipes.

E. Resource reimbursement calculation suggestions:

1. A flat X% of each resource
  2. X% of each resource based on pre determined % for each ore. (Eg: 50% returns on FE, 10% returns on Sath)
  3. Credits. (Awesome but a headache because it encompasses the above pointers and HWS team needs to have another % table created and maintained for each ingot type for this. ahem economics).
  4. 0 reimbursement for on-board fuel, ammo and any other non ship parts.

F. Shipyard Usage Cost.

1. X Credits per use
  2. X Credits for time used
  3. Drill charges/ MT charges per use
  4. General “take off your pants” servitude to the server.

G. Others
Shipyard should also hopefully aid in helping create a start point for the creation of Player Ship Auctions (with web function to upload images/desc via HWS Connect. Ouch), Player Ship Sell-back (GG $ table in point E3) or even a Player Ship Insurance (this one’s probably too silly) system!