SWP abusing OP

So i am just wondering is it really allowed to have alts on other faction to abuse the offline protection if under attack? yesterday i saw the entire SWP fleet logoff and then enter in the game as SAM and started attacking my ship while their base had full offline protection… not cool at all.

How did you figure they were the same people ?

got an inside man + the SAM faction logged in straight after they logged out and was somehow exactly at the SWP base at that time+ russian names, so go figure…

This can be confirmed with logtimes by admin i believe, and if so sounds like cheating to me (even if it’s not litterally expressed in the rules).
Curious to see how this story plays out. What is it with peoples low morales these days, sigh.
I just hope some day ppl will realise that any cheat/exploit that results in their appearing win actually results in loose.
Because in the end karma always catches up.

Yeah, I agree with you, that does sound like cheating to create an alt faction based on duplicate accounts. I really don’t like the OP as it’s implemented, idk why they made this a feature to the game because it doesn’t work 100% to begin with and also encourages people to literally stop playing to avoid PvP.

Yeah sadly the admins don’t care, they let SWP get away with alot of things, since they are scared of them leaving the server, SWP griefed my big tower on Z planet dug around it all, i reported it to the admins they just laughed and did nothing.
hell even one guy had screenshots to prove it, they didn’t even wanted to see it.

I’m sure they will do something about it if enough people come forward. I for one am very suspicious of the ‘SAM’ faction that seem to be nonexistent when all of SWP are online but have an ability to mystically appear once SWP are under attack.

This is probably a case of “multiboxing” and while not against any rules, does give an unfair advantage.

This was really popular in eve:online, and as i recall, Russian groups in eve were very serious about their gaming. They would have pure combat setups on one account, and when they started losing a battle, they would switch to a non affiliated, “carebear” setup to mine or harvest resources to supply their combat.

Only drawback is that they have to buy 2 accounts

[quote=“Thranir”]Yeah sadly the admins don’t care, they let SWP get away with alot of things, since they are scared of them leaving the server, SWP griefed my big tower on Z planet dug around it all, i reported it to the admins they just laughed and did nothing.
hell even one guy had screenshots to prove it, they didn’t even wanted to see it.[/quote]
Hey,

Thranir, you know that this is not true. Both you and SWP were not acting nice and each one got his payback. Thats why we did not do anything, besides warning SWP, cause it was a bit more then you did to them. I dont like how both of you acted… but lets leave this out here. Not a story to refer to as a proof.

But the same rule we apply to you, the same is also true to SWP: We will not just act because some people think they saw something unfair. Most often its sadly a bug/part of the game.
SWP is quite long on our server, long ago we nearly kicked them all, but most complains are (the same as the complains against Thranir himself) just because they are good and active players and know their way around. so we cant just kick people because they are good players. And SWP also wins due to their ammount of players.

If someone uses bugs on purpose we will punish them no matter who it is. But we need good proof. I think all of you understand and are happy if we dont just act on our feelings…

About SWP and SAM. Can you provide a exact time, then its much easier for us to check it.

Some Facts though:
SAM has only two members… not really a lot…
SAM is active playing also when SWP is online. From the logs it does not show up as suspicious. But of course if they are friends i could understand why SAM would log in.
About Combat logging: I guess no one likes it, but due to a weak PVP balance many do it. So we cant really act on that yet. I dont like i eaither, but I can understand. Dont know why SWP needs to do something like that. But its rather weak play for a faction then last exit for a noob.

If you have more proof then feel free to post it, but please in a friendly and constructive maner. I know you hate each other on the battle field. But we dont need to hate each other here :slight_smile:

Jascha regarding that so did i not break any rules while they griefed my base in pve, if i dug an tunnel to their base in pvp its allowed… big diffrence.

We all want the admins to be neutral no matter what, not take any clan above any other, i even got sent to jail for stealing an public sv on pve world, i haven’t seen an SWP in there for long time…

Thranir our goal is to be neutral and give support as good as humanly possible.

Your relationship to other people is kind of special. Either you help people out what is awesome or you kill a lot of people alone with sneaky tricks what is technically maybe legit but causes a lot of drama of course.

SAM has only two members and they are friends of SWP they told us. I don’t see game breaking stuff here. Just teamplay. But for you as you play alone it seems abusement maybe.

Regarding your other two issues:
I gave a temp ban for the insults and regarding your pve base jascha told you already [quote=“Jascha”]Both you and SWP were not acting nice and each one got his payback[/quote]
As far as I know (wasn’t there) you abused the drone under terrain bug to see where their core was. Just digging around wouldn’t be so successful otherwise.

We won’t take any clan above any other but due the high population on this server and due the high amount of people with different… “communication” skills we got sooooo many complains, accusations, insults of other people only because of this and that without proof or even lying that we set it even to the rules:

Especially in situations where jascha, candy, me or who ever from the admins are away and can’t share the situation with the others it can be tricky.
We have the most powerful tool available to admin all of you but keep in mind that we do it still in our spare time and the better you helping us with your issue the better we can help you in your special issue.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=73

Channel admin on both swp and sam… lil fishy…

[quote=“RexXxuS”]
SAM has only two members and they are friends of SWP they told us. I don’t see game breaking stuff here. Just teamplay. But for you as you play alone it seems abusement maybe.[/quote]

Wouldn’t it be possible to positively confirm this via their IP addresses? I assume you’d be familiar with SWP’s :stuck_out_tongue: Granted those can be changed but I doubt they spoof masked IPs for a game like this.

I am with Thranir on this . Our faction has been fighting SWP/SAM/XAM/XAA. And just like Thranir said we too have witnessed them logging off as SAM and coming in as XAM. Oh and SWP will also show up but not as much as the SAM and XAM /XAA. We believe they are using as much as 4 accounts.

On Waterworld Sam and XAA have interlocking bases that the OP overlaps and protects each others base. Now I for one can appreciate this tactic but its dirty and should be against the rules. They love logging out when we attack. If they don’t wanna fight then they should put their bases on a PVE planet

Hmm yeah… dunno if it is called teamwork or sneaky. But I checked the IP address and it is not that they have all multiple accounts. They are a big faction with lot of friends so protecting each other with OPs is legit.
As long as they use the OP passivley I don’t see an issue here. There are worst things you can do with OP…

Well I guess you should define passively because I am a sneaky bastard and I can unload a whole lot of sneakyness onto SAM since apparently their sneakyness is no problem :slight_smile:

Well i guess it freeplay for any sneaky tactics these days, i am gonna pay them an visit soon :slight_smile: Bye bye SWP! :wink:

Don,t worry Thranir we are about to clamp them down regardless if they combat logout or not !!

I agree, you need a standard regarding combat logouts because I honestly this seems fishy to me. So people can avoid combat by combat logging and have other alliances fight for them? not cool.