T2 Shield

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> I moved my T2 Shield and when I placed it again it downgraded to a T1. Tried using the multitool to upgrade it again and I got a notification that there were no upgrades or must be unlocked in the tech tree, which it is unlocked.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Op4

Server? (EU or NA)
=> NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 06:00AM

On which Playfield?
=> NA

Structure Name(s)?
=> Singray-X

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 107538

How can we help you now?
=> Help my with the T2 shield please!

See here:
https://github.com/B-iggy/HWS-Configs/commit/951b3430dce3c70abb00346143ab67cd2eb5543e

So I am just out a T2 shield? Is there no way to restore it without recycling the ship and spawning a new one?

Don’t know what you did exactly.
Dismantle your T1 shield and put a T2 on your ship.
Dismantle your T2 shield and move it somewhere else.
If it’s a bug I need a repro case.
But upgrade with Multi tool stays banned until Eleon fixes it.

I picked it up to get to the core in order to replace the core with an alien core. Then when I placed the shield down it was downgraded to a T1

Ah. Wait. There it is.

This is a vanilla setting, since ever active:

Grabbing a T2 Shield Generator leads to a T1 Shield Generator.

So everything intentional here and for now just a cautious thing handling with that device.
Maybe I find a hack-workaround in the config some day.

So I just need to recycle that ship and spawn a new one if I want a T2 pvp CV…

Easier route would be to spawn a CV block that has a T2 shield generator and recycle it, netting 1 core and a T2 shield generator.

That thought crossed my mind Taco, thank you. I think I recycled a CV or a BA a few days ago with T2’s in them and T1’s were returned. Once I get home I’ll try it and post the results here. Thanks again Taco, and good to see you again!

Just tried it. It nets 1 core and 1 T1 shield

Well that sucks, worked in the past seasons. @RexXxuS can this be changed back for in the future?

yea so I gotta recycle the whole ship because I moved the T2 in order to place an AC…that is IF I want a T2 shield on a pvp ship…

I will dive into the Config today and see if a hack is available. It’s a mess with those upgrades and main IDs

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.