Tackling rule question

Hello i have read some topics about tackling (first season here)
I have read in older posts that tackling was forbidden because if a CV was hit by a SV it will completely disable the CV by bugging it out. And this is PERFECT to be FORBIDDEN because is an EXPLOIT.
But my question is why all the other options like Sv vs Hv, Cv vs Cv etcetera are also banned?
They do not bug anything and dont exploit no mechanics in any way.
Police do also that in real life to stop criminals cars…why we cannot do it to stop enemy ships?
2 days ago I have destroyed a small sized cv warp drive and i runned behind her for an hour before completely disabling it (and was also slower after a while so i had fear to hit her because the tackle rule) . If i could tacke that ALREADY DEAD cv the fight wont last 5/10 minutes.
I wanna hear some comments and opinion about that.
Remember that the top speed of all cv is the same, if you get ganged up you are probably not a good pilot or your ship is already dead.
Is more frustrating running an hour behind an already dead cv(small sized… imagine a class 7 pvp ship) than to have a more relaxed tackle rule.
The class 7 pvp ship without the warp drive will just stop… setup the new warp and warp out. If i could stop/tackle it to prevent to gain speed to warp that would illegal. This is the definition of fun? No prize for one/2hours combat?

BUG/EXPLOIT TACKLE —> BANNED FORBIDDEN
COMBAT TACTIC TACKLE —> ALLOWED

This game is about gathering resources/build/destroy/gather/build/destroy.
Honestly is already boring that 99% of time people just press K and i can do nothing because there is no warp disabler, now is a pain to engage a combat with someone and have fear to hit him or stop him because this tackle rule.
People who dont want to fight use K, people who engage combat need to have fear to lose their ship in combat and also being stopped by war tactics.
One month ago there was an AAA tank on GG and was almost dead and because of this rule i couldnt stop him…well he went on the pole running UP AND DOWN in the POLE LOADING ZONE for 10 minutes until we lost him. This is considered legal? Is more an exploit to stop him or he abusing the loading zone to survive?

I agree that some discussion is needed on this, but calling it legal is a slippery slope. Also, I hope this isn’t a retrospective attempt to get some bans lifted, because whether you agree with the rule or not, if it’s a rule - you follow it.

Also, the irony of you complaining about ‘pole running’ is kinda laughably hypocritical, don’t you think?

If wasnt in the rules is not punishable. I’m just using it for discussion purposes (kinda lame tactic anyway)

I totally agree with the idea of ramming - the very moment they add in collision damage. Til then, I’m happy to keep it illegal. Ramming does near zero damage to the person ramming, which should not be the case. If I’m going full speed and DON’T snap off one of those octopus legs you fly, then I’m sorry, I’m not backing a ‘ramming is legal’ narrative.

If… they add the collision damage the tackling is ok.
If… they add the targeting sistem buring the turrets in the ships is ok.
If… they add the no loading zone in the pole is ok to move on the pole.

There are a lot of lame mechanics in this game. Why banning the more normal one and the others not?

Sv vs cv is exploit - Ok Ban

But the other tactic to stop enemy ships is on the same level of the mechanics i listed

I have a lot of options:

• A press K and no fight
  • B Fight and stay away from enemy ships
  • C search a planet to use the loading screen to hide my movements
  • D Go in the space 50/100km and see the enemyies retreat.
  • E accept that a cv can stop me.

A large number of hws rules exist to make up for very buggy and broken ‘game’ mechanics.

Keep in mind ---- empyrion is not yet a game. Just an experiment. A bunch of trial and error bits of code thrown together. Rex is trying to make it a game on hws.

Ramming needs to remain illegal until eleon fixes some things. In addition to tackling, ramming (ships making contact) has been used to force weapons to clip into an enemy structure or ship. Allowing weapons to ignore armor and fire on devices inside.

To be clear, I didnt bring this tactic to hws — I learned about it after coming to hws and having it used and attempted to be used on me by russian faction players despite the rules against it.

1 Like

I am against ramming of any type until collision damage is tested and working.

Last night we lost 1 cv and almost a 2nd because some people were abusing ramming with a CV and causing other CV pilots to disconnect.

I look forward to the collision fix. I look forward to “level” playfield fighting and not all the gimmicks and lag setups people use thinking they are all skilled while looking for advantages.

Ramming should be legal but also fixed before it will be legal.
Catching some CV between arms of 2 opg octpussies should be legal, it is good tactics for sure and logical. If you let yourself surround by CVs its your problem. If your CV lost important devices and stoped, got surrounded its your problem.

But it cannot be legal under current conditions, all is too broken. When its fixed its different story.

Tackling CV with SV isn’t logical as Cv would fly away without problems with SV onboard, basically kidnaping SV with pilot.

Clearly nonsense thus should be illegal.

I would like to see less trying to win at all costs, in some situations it’s clearly by using broken game mechanics.
Truth is that its nearly impossible to kill CV without exploiting or lagshot, we are here to win so I completely understand that some ppl exploit to get a kill. Why to fight if you cant win.

But guys it’s probably time to reconsider it a bit, maybe wait until whole fight mechanism is fixed? There can hardly be much fun in exploiting someone to death, more importantly, there is no prestige in it, no fame, it just bother other players.

1 Like