Temporary server pause due performance and stability and dependencies

Hey guys,

what a week… we ran 3 servers at the same time and tested more than any other servers or even the admins could test.

So we have learned a lot what works and what not. And the new server today did not worked out.
So for now we decided to not kill your game fun on HWS and pause the server till my provider OR the devs will fix this huge dedicated server problem.

So as soon as my provider accept the deal for a new and finally best server for Empyrion we will come again online.

You need to know we are sorry about that and want to give you the best Empyrion experience possible what I think you saw the last weeks.
We tried our best for you, added a complete new game mechanic into the game (Economy) and were nearly always there for you.

This WON’T stop. It is just a delay to wait for other parties we can’t control.

To be more specific: The game needs to run on a powerful GHz CPU rather than a large amount of cores. The RAM needs also to be fast.
So we tried four different machines, hardware and software wise any constellation. Another problem is that the problems with 100% CPU and the coming ship losts, laggs, etc. coming after some time. Not at the beginning. If you play on a new server, of course everything is great - but it will change dramatically after some time.
HWS was over the last week almost always #1 in the list with 30-70 players online. People build big and great stuff. We had a 2GB big playfield folder and we had 40GB RAM usage (4GB one single planet).

We are especially sorry for the donators and really really hope you don’t feel bad. Because of you we could do so many great things and because of you we will come back with a perfect server. We will NOT forget any amount and you will have every package back with the new server.

We keep you always informed what is going on and will come back as soon as possible!

If you have any questions please let us know, we keep being there for you :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your support and we hope to see you soon back again on HWS!

RexXxuS & Jascha

1 Like

Lol, yeah, i figured as much,
Liberland had the same problem, and found empyrion doesnt support muticore too well.

1 Like

The server from today wasn’t even a dual CPU one. It has a lot better hardware than the old one but we think to less GHz. This is the most crucial thing for empyrion right now. That is the reason why customer i7-4xxx cpus run good on this game. Really strange everything.
But we will find the best solution for sure!
I will update all six community channels as soon as we are back online! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you thought about consolidating your communication channels? I can’t imagine it would be easy to maintain a Steam group, forum, offical server forum post, on top of admining this server? I would suggest you try and take own one of these channels to better save you time and also have less communication problems for players.

1 Like

Ha, good point Fenra… I already mentioned to Jascha we need one guy only for that :wink:
Twitter, Steam group, Reddit, official Steam group, this forum, Empyrion forum…

Yes, of course it is a overheat and maybe I reduce the channels in the future.

1 Like

Devs are working on the problem and improving the performance.
We hope we can give you some good news at the end of the day!
Keep tuned :slight_smile:

1 Like

hopefully they get this bug squashed and we can get back to buisness as usual

1 Like

Good News! Devs seem to have found the problem and are on it! Hope to be up soon again with much more Power! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will you just load the last save from the server or start fresh with a new wipe? Some world generation features seemed to be patched so maybe a wipe is a good idea??

1 Like

Hey Cpt,

we are still not sure but yes, we don’t wan’t legacy stuff either. So to be sure please make blueprints as soon as you find your slot. Maybe we have a finaly solution soon.

1 Like

Can you please clarify that, are you doing a wipe to the entire server? That was not clear in your message.

1 Like