The HWS 13 Last Chance Initiative for banned players | Updated Terms of Use

You get blocked way before anything from us could reach him. It’s all handled by Steam.
Nope, he/she/it needs to be smart and contact me in the forum/email/discord or so.

And no, I won’t just do a CTRL + A and DEL on the adminconfig file. I will precisely let some in or not.

2 Likes

figured it was limited to steam. perhaps a link to a judgement appeals page on our site for those who still peek over the fence now and then. requests could be made and looked into when time permits. just be sure to have a disclaimer that existing community member support issues take precedence over appeal requests.

1 Like

My preferred method of banning is the frying pan of doom :stuck_out_tongue: But yes, i fully understand your wish to show leniency.

BUkZ8

3 Likes

or the frying ban method works in most cases. watch out for Queen Ivy…

I mean most won’t come back even if you payed them because of the state of the game, but those who do and seem to be honest in their desire to improve and make up for their mistakes should be taken seriously. I don’t like how some people here act like their so perfect and are so high-up on their high-horse that they don’t want to give others a chance.

@IceDrugg , for example seems to be honest on returning to hws on good terms and to improve himself. Someone who’s taking the time to write like that could have just played the game in secret but the fact that his making this public and talking to the hws community and with an apology, tells me he wants to make amends, improve himself, and be a productive member of hws.

The new Path

If people like this are allowed back on the server upon request then HWS is going to repeat history. People lie. They lie all the time to get what they want, and they can lie straight to your face about how they are sorry, how they won’t do it again, and how they’ve changed.

All this does is give them a second chance to learn the loopholes and skirt the rules.

To be clear, I do not speak on behalf of anyone, just myself. And yeah, what I am about to say may seem to come from anger, but really it just comes from complete and total despair. I also say this against company “HWS”, not against the individuals running it as I see this to be a seperate thing.

I have never seen such a weakly enforced ruleset on any public game server in my life. This is the huge problem with HWS, it’s so soft and light on the rules that you can nearly get away with murder. That’s not all, the consistency of those rules is just so poor and vague already that you really roll the dice even on clear cut cases where in the past it’s resulted in punishment.

The things I could get away with if I wasn’t apart of an organization that also moderates its players, its truly limitless. It boggles the mind some of the examples of stuff that can happen and not cause a response.

Its an effort from the community to get people like ultima banned, firebeard is 100%, no 200% correct. I cannot see why this is being done.

I honestly cannot believe this move, It’s so incredibly naive and short-sighted on behalf of HWS. There is no gain to this, only upset and hurt to the current HWS playerbase. People who are permabanned from HWS already had to:

1. Actually, get the rules enforced on them (an extremely difficult and challenging prospect to get this to happen, actually. We’ve seen in the past just how far you have to go for even a week ban to occur. It’s well beyond reasonable limits)
  2. Do it SO BADLY that even HWS couldn’t spare them a permanent ban, and finally:
  3. Damaged the community or a group of players so badly they are remembered like it happened yesterday.

All HWS is doing with this is drudging up old history and beef. Giving this opportunity to people like this is just… wrong.

And to make matters even worse, I cannot understand properly what HWS is saying in this post… the wording is just so vague. Only exploiters back to HWS? What’s the approval process? How does HWS determine if they “mean it” and what does HWS do with people like ultima who literally only joined to grief TAW? If there’s just a bunch of ************ attached to this process, what’s really the point?

HWS even knew this was gonna happen, why? I can’t see any advantage for HWS… we get 10x the replacements on that list monthly. It’s a 100 players out of the 300+ we get through here weekly. These people already failed their test.

I just do not understand. I just do not…
HWS is being too fair, too kind, and far too generous.

Read the entire post :wink:

I’m pretty sure Ultima goes under this quote.

And we rely solely on HWS to determain this after they’ve already ruled that they aren’t fit to play here? To even give the posibility of return for some of these people? I can’t see it, it’s just an empty statement if its just exception after exception…

If we cannot forgive others for their mistakes when they are sincere, how can we hope to forgive ourselves for the mistakes we make? There are not many on earth that are beyond redemption. Yes damage has been done. Opening old wounds can be very painful. Only by moving forward can we get past adversities. There are probationary tactics available that could be used. I have no doubt the team will make the right choice for all. It is up to us to respect their decisions even if we do not fully agree with them. Only time will show true intentions. One can drive themselves mad thinking of what could go wrong. I know…I have :wink:

“No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.”
― Aristotle

3 Likes

You seriously have been carrying all this anger around for two years? I don’t trust someones judgment who is this angry. sorry This happened in 2018 are you serious?

1 Like

No offense, but most of these cases didn’t even involve you and never will. You say you are sure HWS is capable of correctly handling each case, but I have very little confidence they are at this point.

I voice my personal opinion and disgree with you completely.

Here’s a good quote for you then…
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

I’m sure Rex’s intentions were not to call out specific instances…

You can forgive those that slighted you, but you’ll usually never forget.
I forgive ultima, and understand why he did what he did. It’s old history that keeps repeating itself. Neither I nor him can ever change who we are, but I am certainly not about to forget what happened now or ever. Accountability is key. You don’t just un-perma-ban people because it’s been a very long time or because the people who where “angry” have left.

No this is incorrect that absolutism really doesn’t exist. I’m pretty sure you both are not the exact same person you were in 2018 as you are now in 2020 going into 2021.

Also, Rexx is not just going to unbann someone just because its been very long, his going to see and judge what the person has to say, and that person has to convince Rexx the owner of this server, and why he should be let back in and with conditions.

Zacky, we here in the hws community and Rexx are not as naive as you think.

We cannot change the past and should never forget it. Learning from the past can help our future. This has taught you to be cautious in your future dealings. Be it good or bad, we have the ability to grow from our past selves. I myself have made more mistakes than I care to admit. I have not forgotten any of them. They are what drives me to be a better version of myself each day. Will this work for everyone? There is a way to find out…

2 Likes

A little off topic but a bit related. There was a suggestion if that may actually be good for this if possible. If there were a player origin that was able to be damaged in all zones but could only damage other players in PvP zones. They could interact in PvE but if they step out of line… Yes there is always the possibility of grieving. Perhaps this could be the “Road to Redemption” some players would need to prove their sincerity. They would know full well taking goods to the OCD zone on ECC could be met with remnants of past discretions come back to haunt them. Could also have limits enforced on their OCD contents and/or bank levels. Several possibilities here if we think on it.

1 Like

Who’s this we here? I don’t see any representation or a council of community members, only HWS deciding to be nice. “We” implies there was a vote on this or really any prior discussion.

I have given HWS the benefit of the doubt for the past 3 years and most times I gotta say it’s let me down. You both have no idea what happened in the past to cause these bans, only HWS does which is the issue. No oversight on this, just one guy who will make mistakes because he is only human.

I just can’t trust that this’ll be handled right given what has been publically declared. Maybe ultima is the exception to this post that rex mentioned, but for others I am sure there is people like ultima who might be looked at, which I can’t agree with.

“We” as the community. Rex asked our opinion on this matter in general. Not on a specific. There is another post for your specific grievance. Yes you of all people should very much have a say here due to first hand experience. Please try to think on this post for the ones you do not know the specifics. Not all were banned for the same reasons. Not all are willing to put forth effort to return. Those that request this type of change will each require lots of specific discussion I’m afraid.

1 Like

Ok that would be fair, but this post does not make this clear.

Unfortunately this is another language/translation barrier. The messages are not always clear for many of us.

This is a painful but necessary topic. This truly shows how much @RexXxuS does care about our community. Including those banished from it. I trust he will take all our input and make the right decision. We can provide feedback on ways to help us all.

“Heavy is the head that wears the crown.”

1 Like