Thoughts on Server implementation

So, it is a Saturday night and while I normally would be playing in MP, I’m actually playing on creative atm.

The reason for that is this: HWS is down, and Liberland also decided that they should attempt do their server wipe on a Saturday night.

While I don’t blame you for wanting to put up a new server setup and to ensure it works by stress testing, I don’t understand why server admins seem to think Saturdays and Friday seem to be a great idea to implement new stuff that people aren’t familiar with. I’m not sure, but I think I’m not alone in this opinion. Also this isn’t so much a bash of HWS as it is both the Empryion Devs (for releasing on a Friday) and Liberland (for doing a wipe on Saturday). Is there some reason admins and devs seem to think the weekend is the greatest time to put in new stuff that has a good chance of failing? Just a thought.

1 Like

I think the admins also have a life. So they have to work too. I don t think they have to take days of from their jobs. Or? Plus in a begin phase sometimes shit happens. I give them all credit.
They are really doing a great job. I know it stinks a little bit but hopefully they manage the problems.
Greetz
KIEKEBOE

1 Like

Critical as always :wink:

Well the reason why this happened at the last weekend were because of 1. the provider and 2. more time to handle stuff if something go wrong. And yes, we could handle it in our spare time. This week for example I have a deadline at work and that would be even more problematic.

Of course it was not so good and if I knew this before it wouldn’t happen for sure :wink:
But we didn’t chill - well not all the time. We have some cool new stuff coming next.
Stay tuned…

1 Like

Only critical because I like this server and want it to be better :slight_smile: I understand your rationale for the weekend release I suppose, but also keep in mind it is the one time almost everyone would like to be on too.

1 Like

What I appreciate :slight_smile:
Yes, I will take care of that next time!

1 Like