Time to enforce again limits?

I know that is bad to have limits, but i thinks that is more bad to have a buggy/laggy game… structures that magically disappear, 10 minutes to load structures etc.
DSL actually is a total fail and not help if there are a lot of structures.
Less structures, less work for admins, less lag for us and they can invest time to add new stuff ingame instead of resolving tickets…
What you have experienced and what you think could help us?

Bunkers almost crash my game, same with excessive amount of hovers clustered in one location. I believe the best solution is to ask developers to work on optimization, because game lags not only because of structures, but also because of player count on the same playfield. SV and HV have really high restrictions and the game still lags.

you should check binomi :rofl::rofl::rofl:
easy explanation

HWS Universe Global Scan

Name of Playfield Is it PvE? Structures on that playfield
Freelancer-HQ Yes 495
Alliance-HQ Yes 422
Binomi System Yes 380
Atlantis System Yes 317
Lawless-HQ Yes 291
Freelancer-HQ System Yes 286
Eden Yes 280
Lawless-HQ System Yes 270
Eden System Yes 256
Sanctuary System Yes 242
Sanctuary Yes 215
Alliance-HQ System Yes 200
Black Hole No 154

Before max number was 200 cores now is doubled/triple on pve playfields. Since the pve sectors are higly populated dsl or not the server need to load 500 structures because a lot of players are near of them. Before also if max structures were loaded max numer was 200 (and was already lagging)

1 Like

Quite annoyed by the recent bugs guys.
Every time I’m happy in my code workflow or creating missions I got all these support tickets and bugs in the face.

Alpha 9 will be a drastic change, because the FIRST priority is STABILITY.
The new fancy features of mass / weight / territory etc. will create additional massive bugs, so at least performance / stability must be acceptable.

And that is in this game only possible with hard limits.
Two ways actually:

Either we have a max. 20 player HWS server slot
or
still 177 player slot but hard structure limits (again).

:angry:

5 Likes

Hard structure limits. For sure. :slight_smile:

I wont wait new season. 5 days or less warning and then wipe all overlimit structures. We are only half season and today freelancer hq was dead and needed restart of the whole server.
Numbers of structures are only destined to increase and everyday will be worse.
Act immediately before the total death of the server.

2 Likes

Yes something is very wrong, terrain does not load for minutes which feel like several minutes, i dig the ground with HV but surface is like im not digging until minutes later giant hole opens in ground because of bad lag, we almost broke homeworld last nite everytime someone try open control panel it causr playfield to crash and DC everyone for like 30 seconds thankfully it reconnect on its own.
SV is not moving cuz bad lag and allow me to shoot them and they not moving to me but are infact moving but i see them stationary and i shoot them down badddd lag.
Something is wrong never ever had such bad lag ever except armaggedon5.0
DSL wasnt that supposed to make terrain and base load faster ? It opposite terrain takes long to load it disorienting.
I still enjoy server i need to play on HWS lol but yikes recent bugs r worse ive ever seen and new bugs like never had before game could literally jus stop working and explode

I’m just gonna remind everyone, that empyrion is Early Access. As you already know, this means there are bugs, and lag in the game. For now we’ll just have to live with that.

1 Like

So instead of finding a cure, do you recommend dying?

Good proposal!

I am gonna remind you that Empyrion is meant to be played by 30 players servers, so this problems are not appearing in normal servers empty servers **cough cough so we just need to adapt since is an alpha game.

I don’t often agree with @Paxxo1985, but on this he’s right - we need to enforce some limits otherwise (as usual) the PvE playfields become so overloaded that they effect the whole server. Hard limits on all blueprint sizes, core limits dropped dramatically. Alliance limits on all playfields.

You can’t have a 177 man server and treat it like it’s a 30 man; it just won’t work. And without limits, you have the ridiculous PvEer bringing in 100 HVs (because they look nice around their huge workshop base) and their POI busting class 7 SVs (of which they need at least 12, y’know, just in case…)

And please don’t hope that Eleon will fix this. They won’t.

We have been given the ability to set the config as we see fit and the admin tool allows for limits to be enforced much, much quicker on playfields.

I expect much bleating about this from the usual corners, but @RexXxuS, you can’t ignore that you’re pushing way beyond what the engine is capable of here. The server IS amazing, it really is - but you have to make some hard choices that a lot of people (mainly the PvE lot) won’t like. But without these limits, the server will become unusable.

1 Like

ok so, as i discovered earlier in this season, the global scan is counting harvestable asteroids as structures.
its evident when you look at phoenix playfield.

so you can calm down a little.

more than a month to go and situation is already critical…
Asteroids are only entities in space. On HQs are considered only poi and players stuff… and seems that are going out of control man.
Honestly i just wanna play smooth. Your pve crap is infecting/destroying our pvp playfields. Is even impossible to do a 1 vs 1 now.
If your playfields doesnt affect our playfields you can have even a sv to go to the bathroom but since you are ruining my gameplay i want limits enforcement again.

:smile: