Two Simultaneous Servers

Jascha, this one is to you, directly:

I would very much like to run two copies of the server, one 5.5.1 and one 6.0.1, on the same machine and use EAH for each of them (running EAH and each server from separate directories, of course), but when I start EAH_EX and try to start the server, it says “PLease stop the server first”.

So, for the time being, I just ran my experimental server completely vanilla (Blue Eleon status window). Problem is, when the EAH running my 5.5.1 server shuts it down for wipe/maintenance, it kills the 6.0.1 server, as well. I’ve sidestepped this issue to a degree by putting the start command for both servers in the .cmd file for the 5.5.1 server, but what I would really love is the ability to run both. As it sits, I’m looking like I need to choose between running a 5.5.1 full featured and a vanilla 6.0.1 that looks like it randomly dies for 5 minutes at a time to its playerbase -or- just running a full featured 6.0.1 server to get ready for the release to stable in a couple of weeks…

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated,
-Jay

Hey,

well its a bit more difficult.

First: You need to ensure telnet uses different ports.
Then You need to ensure the Mod/API is using a different port (change it in the content/mod directory and in the tool config)
Then you would need a version for 6.0. Did not publish it yet. Might do it tonight.

But the real bummer: The tool checks the empyrion processes to make sure Empyrion is not running already. Well thats the problem why you cant start it via tool then.
But I might try tomorrow to change the code so that it also works with 2 server. Should not be a problem

I’ve taken down my 5.5.1 server to run A6, though I got things MOSTLY working by using the Lite version and having it FTP/Telnet to 127.0.0.1 (with both ports blocked in the firewall for security).

If you decide to implement this (you should, IMO), I will unpack my 5.5.1 server and help test.

Thanks,
-Jay