Upcoming HWS changes | limits | rules

When it comes to ammo you are correct indeed! Sorry I missed that! Yes I for one both buy and make my ammunition, and this is one of the enormous benefits of being in a big faction that i’ve noticed.

We in GMC have a centralized base in which we store and produce resources and war matierals for our war machine. This is the kind of thing that solo factions would have a harder time doing, yet ammo can also be bought or traded for, although our faction was frustrated for a looong time at the erestrum cost of homings.

I’m sort of torn between it being asked to be removed on the config to make it easier for new factions to make 135 H-MSL without the erestrum requirement. That’d be nice. But ofc then us big PVP factions would also have an easier time mass-producing it.

Hmm that is an issue, however I’m talking about splash as in across a surface but i don’t think that’s coded in yet so i concede that it is a massive issue!

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

OMG that makes absolutly noooooo sense! LAST Season three really stupid factions (let them call AAx, ACx and GMx) plant 30 turrets on GG and nobody could land there anymore… thats massiv too much turrets. now with 5 Turrets it wouldnt be better. Last fight on Arma there was 3x ACM tower and 3x GMC tower thats 6 turrets. and we cant destroy them… where is the sense when they had 10 Towers together? so we shouldn try to destroy that base… That idea is absolutly lame for pvp and base fights wouldn make sense longer. And with upcoming alliance OP they can build the tower nearer and its harder again. THATS SOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOORIIIIIIIINNNGGGG. So we Make pvp lame again^^?

Dont know if its a good idea, when we land to attack a base we must build a base from hand? That cost time and we have in most attacks not that time. So the attack is over bevor it beguns? Without a BP Tower

Yes, Eleon needs to fix being able to die before the cockpit explodes, this is something I really need to stop being lazy about and start up a forum rant on their official forums regarding. If that could be fixed then cockpit HP could be increased and splash could be increased and all would be right in the world. For now though increasing splash area/damage means giving away BPs that people spend hours perfecting then they have to start all over.

Let me rephrase, no one goes into PVP wanting to die. But going ‘Rambo’ as a new player (especially if you are a part timer) is the a safe bet to an early grave. Then getting on the forums and without knowing where we have been making large suggestions to the future. When I started playing on HWS size class 4 SV’s and HV’s on PVP play fields was a thing. Those where monster bricks, what we have now is nothing in comparison. Can you imagine a fully maxed out size class 4 SV?

Also, I said alone, not a small 4-5 man faction such as the one you are in.

We had Two bases each. So repeat after me:

TWO X THREE = SIX.

There you go.

Ok Last fight you spawned Four instead of the allowed three bases on our western side, and actually Stunner you did quite a bit of damage, you basically melted the eastern side of our base which was causing LOTS of panic in our GMC discord! :slight_smile: (Mostly from me hehehe going ‘Ahh stunner is blowing up our base’. You hurt us pretty good but the organization on the attackers side simply wasn’ there.)

I for one am also Happy Rex changed his mind as Five bases would have been absolute overkill!

Just please don’t call us ‘stupid’ we may be many things, but stupid is not one of them. Best regards and we enjoy fighting you Stunner :slight_smile:

Yes this is to stop the ridiculous immersion breaking side of bases just popping up at a moments notice, and it also requires more thought and effort to go into defensive and offensive bases. It’ll be a great step in the right direction, and something we’ve been waiting for for a long time. PS: You had plenty of time, you guys attacked us for just under six hours and still couldn’t break our Iron Wills!

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

Stunner - Please agree that attack bases just are lame. If you want to attack a base you can do it without those attack bases. We have proven that so many times. Just ask RED, SWP, OPG… You can take down any base with some propper planing.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, this season I’m playing solo but also have not been doing much in the way of PvP, I’m doing R&D. Next season I won’t be playing solo and I do agree about it being silly to go into PvP on any Empyrion server completely solo and expect a favorable result. Going into PvP solo either means you are:

• just incredibly awesome
  • looking for easy ganks
  • committing suicide
  • don’t know what you’re doing

This season I am trying to learn as much as I can about the HWS Server so that I can:

• write some guides(which I found sorely lacking when I went looking for them) for new players
  • be ready for 8.0
  • possibly start helping Rex with whatever I can along the way(not policing Empyrion players are terrible)
1 Like
  • The difference between acceptable and expert is reading devs, bug threads, dicoveries doing your own tests. If I put everything I have learned in two years from others or by myself after 1600 hours of various designs, it doesn’t deserve the title of expert. I wouldn’t proclaim myslef as a shipbuilding expert because I can tell any noob how to make a good ship. It’s only about being up to date with current patch. The next patch may make all your well designed ships obsolete and all your previous knowledge will be useless, being a total noob again. Such changes have already happened several times.

• I can seriously design a overpowered and costly brick in an hour, inclunding texturing. I have, it leads to brainless super boring “fights”.

• The server isn’t noob friendly, it never was not because of hws design but because of the bunch of tryhard pvpers destroying noobs and small factions with excessive power like greatly outnumbering or using bug exploits.

• When I started pre alpha the very first thing I did just out of the pod was getting killed by an sv and then ammo draining my enemy base wich led rexxus to make a rule about it. I made a base and then got tunneled my first day. You could even destroy bases with unarmed stick sv with collisions. I was able to defend myself solo against teams, even against the very first op brick SV, you could even find illegal builds like the garage ships we have now.

• When I started on HWS, OCD didn’t exist. I understand why it was made. It’s just that when a new wipe begin I like everybody to be equal, last time I used it I made a 100k+ behemoth the very first day while noobs where struggling farming ressources for their workshop ships. I farmed them, easy, and I’m not going to say to them ‘Git gud’, it is OP. Riches vs poors the outcome is always the same. You can only catch up if you nolife or make donations. I don’t say it p2w because it’s available to any player but the difference between OCD (nerfed or no) and a fresh noob is very huge.

• Try to play as a fresh noob on starter and tell me how you feel about current config.

• My enemies were perfectly able to defend themselves when I was shelling them with artillery from more than 1km away, they were not complaining on the forum “oh no it’s op, it’s lame, gentlemen fight mano a mano in unkillable bricks”. Brick fights could really take place on rings with rounds. The thing that make a base a viable defence is the threat, if turrets without automation had greatly increased stats, you wouldn’t approach them, a well aimed gatling volley could destroy your ship.

The removal of automated turrets will fix severals problems:

• no more lag

• no more shots through terrain (except the usual npc turret shooting your ship while out ot render distance)

• the return of underground turrets

• no more limits on turrets, you could have 21 players manning artillery, 200 idle turrets is a possibility.

• no more restriction on blocks (you just add blocks to tank the capped turrets damage)

• no more cookie cutter builds

• sponges become ineffective

• In pre alpha there were much much more possibilityies to pvp, beyond visual range artillery battles, tunneling warfare, now there is only one way to figth, build your brick and go to the brick arena.
    Bases weren’t useless when you could have hundreds turrets and there to defend. I don’t understand why players expect their base to defend themselves, you think you should be rewarded for you ‘expert’ designs dropping a structure on ground?

• I already saw that video, can you comment it? Try to make it exciting. You can easily see the outcome of this lag fest, a pack of bricks outnumbering a lesser pack of bricks, it’s on the radar, you see hundreds of turrets shooting in all directions wich give 0 zero visilibilty to gameplay, you don’t see anything interesting, you can’t tell wich player is skilled and wich isn’t.
    I didn’t make video but my experience of pvp was more varied and exciting, in the same battle I would be shelled from very far, get tunneld, swarmed by sv/hv and fight players in my base.

You seriously never saw players use bug exploits against you? You’re very very lucky, every veteran has been victim to bug exploits and knew some.

This is the difference though between ‘good’ and ‘expert’ an expert shipbuilder such as Loke in GMC has built a ship in season 4 that has had numerous small iterations added to it through the patches that have allowed it to continue to be used today, hence why too-strict a block limit would harm smaller less skilled facs more than the highly-skilled PVP facs that already have futureproofed their designs.

Anyone can design a brick quickly, the question as-to whether it is overpowered is more subjective opinion and fully situational.

In fact most factions will try and help new players, either out of selfless reasons or for selfish reasons by trying to increase their recruitment pool. But just today we had a player go to Black Hole at level 3 (dont ask me how he got there, no idea) and then complained when his starter SV exploded into flames. We tried rescuing him but he was unable to give us co-ords and instead rage-quit. Noobs need to help themselves, we should stop painting them as victims all the time.

It’s very different and much more generous to noobs today than it used to be I find. The starter planets are also quite nice places to get set up on. As long as people pay attention to the wipe timer.

This is one of the funnest parts of Empyrion! Climbing that ladder (no matter how fast or slow) to become a more and more powerful player in the HWS universe. When i started I was a nobody, getting crushed by SWP on Saturn as well as my entire bounty hunting faction. Then i joined PKA (Now GMC) and have been climbing the ranks in faction and the ranks in game ever since, benefitting both myself, the faction, and our allies. This is one of the fun parts of the game and the OCD provides the pull-factor to come back thanks to its longevity. Noobs that work hard and play can also fill up theirs also.

For that you’d need someone sitting in the turret and an active defence, people don’t have the time nor the willpower to do that. Automated turrets are a fundamental part of this game, no matter how much or little we like it.

I’m afraid i’m not going to get into this point as i know it’s simply not going to happen no-matter how much you advocate for it. It would completely mess with the current META and the last thing anyone needs is more change right now.

Best regards and thanks for contributing on the forums; even if i disagree with you :slight_smile:
Wise.

Rex some of us are testing 3k Block SV’s on EU GG against the rusians, and i am pleased to say that
i personaly had some good results. I was fighting with a ship rated 3114 blocks and i kept in the battle
against the ruskies basicaly till i got bord lol, 3hours.

providing you are willing to repair your ship when you start seeing your cockpit you can stay in
a fight as long as you want to be fair. no one ever really gets a legit kill in a SV other than a
lag shot now and again.

i have been fighting non stop all week agaist the rusians and i can confirm that block cound needs
slashed dramticaly for it to actualy have a endgame (killing you Enemy).

My “Opinion” all svs need to go on a diet. people will complain and stamp there feet because
thay like to feel safe in a flying tank but its got to change for the game to evolve. what is key
what ever change happens as always its got to be balanced and what the comunity
want.

its far to easy for people at the moment with SVs, Max block count 0 skill.

the SV i am flying at the moment is 3k blocks and i have no problem fighting 7-8k ship

if you want my 10p’s worth of advice between 2.5k and 3.5k is a good start

Blind Cat.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m doing during this season and I can tell you it’s tough. That being said I see no reason to purposely handicap yourself by not using the OCD, OAM, and the other benefits that make this server popular. If you come to this server because of it’s population you have to understand that they are here, and remain here, because of the perks that are offered. Either learn how to benefit from those perks as well or you have no right to complain. Now if you don’t understand how to use the commands and such then everyone on the server that I’ve met/talked to will be more than willing to refer you to the site or answer a few basic questions.

That’s like walking into Kroger and saying, “You guys, this saving on gas is OP I’m not gonna use it because it’s unfair to all people who are first time shoppers at Kroger. You really should just get rid of the program altogether in order to be fair to all people.” That’s just silly, you don’t do that. I understand some/most of you might not know Kroger, it’s a grocery store. The point is incentives are designed to bring in your “business” in this case your business is just getting you to play on the HWS server.

1 Like

Well said!

2 Likes

I did, several times, and never died. Of course I know better than to attack a POI too early.

Lol, you know better than me then. I beat my head against that cluster of 3 POIs(the Drone Base and 2 bases with like 6-8 turrets each) until I just got tired of dying. I played stupid, didn’t build a solid starter base because I had been away from Empyrion and forgot about the drone attacks so lost my fa:supply. Got stupid again when frustrated once and charged one of the turret bases having forgot to empty the HV I had built which had most of my stuff again.

Anyway, I’m finally playing smart now but it was kinda fun playing like I didn’t know what I was doing for awhile lol.

I play single player a lot on the hardest worlds. Never build a BA base at all until you are built up enough to defend it. I build a HV base and it doesn’t trigger drone attacks or the old patrol attacks. When I build my base I first surround the area with HV turret pods.

I also play only until I die, so survival is heightened.

Again this is incredibly true. Well said.

1 Like

True!

1 Like

I don’t mind helping out the occasional noob here and there, but I’m not going out of my way to holding hands to help them. Last night I was too busy mining to be bothered to answer why a new player couldn’t place fuel tank on his base. Now I understand that there is a learning curve, but if your already blind and don’t bother to read, let alone check the website, there is no helping you. People need to start thinking for themselves instead of asking everyone else to do it for them.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone has the time to handhold, answering a couple quick questions about HWS specifically, like in relation to Connect, OAM, OCD, or giving them links to the site so they can find the answers themselves is what I most often do. Occasionally when I’m feeling very generous I will DM them in discord for a bit of further guidance, usually I won’t do this though.

When we attack with 4 players you would call all your Friends and fight with 10 player. So no its lame without attack bases. Since I know you and your ally you only fight with massiv more players. So its our only chance. Quality > Quantaty