Update about Planet Taxes

Thank you very much :slight_smile: .

And my apologies again. I overreacted, againā€¦ And I agree with everything you said this time.

And yes some people hate the tax, others find it too low, others use public stuff to continue to minecraft (well until now), etc. Sadly that will always be the case :frowning:

I hope we can keep you. You will eventually make mistakes and I must accept that and I make even more mistakes. Even though I probably did, I hope I didnā€™t decreased your health too much. You & Jas are the motor behind HWS

Rexx/Jasc and other admin types,
if the primary (not only) purpose is to stop over building/cores on faction planets why not just use a simple core limit? I think the taxes should stop on faction planets and START on Gold Planet. Encourage people to build on faction planet, not punish them with taxes. Rather tax Gold Planet for those that want to horde gold. If you enter Gold Planet, you get a tax.

Taxing really only forces people to grind and harvest for gold.
The tax system is really painful for those that donā€™t want to spend a considerable amount of time mining gold but would rather spend time fighting, building and explore. Late gamers with large OCDā€™s donā€™t really need gold or the marketplace to be honest. Gold is only good for the occasional emergency buy off marketplace or paying taxes on faction planets (and currently thereā€™s no real advantage to being on faction planets to be honest). So in this current systems I say to players, save your credits and a lot of time grinding and just stay parked in space. We need a really good reason to build on faction planets or AT LEAST not be ā€œpunishedā€ for wanting to build there.

Taxes donā€™t help the economy in any significant way either, again, it just forces more gold grinding.
Being that the ā€œtaxesā€ go in to a black hole and not back into the economy, all the taxes really do is force you to go gather more gold thus more grinding. Taxes donā€™t help the marketplace directly either; one might say ā€œit will encourage people to sell things on the marketplaceā€. Wrong. The marketplace is not a reliable way (with the current system the developers have) to make steady income to the point you can fund a very large tax bill daily. This may work for some individuals some of the time but not enough to generate the needed tax money for most players.

My suggestion for what itā€™s worth:
We should ENCOURAGE faction types to band together, help each other, and build up on faction planets by making it easier for players to be on faction planets. We should also discourage camping on Gold and thus tax them for using it.

Faction Planets
No taxes.
1 Base Core per faction.
Zero CVā€™s allowed on planet.
No limit on SV or HVs.

Gold Planet
Zero BAā€™s allowed.
1 CV per faction allowed.
No limit on SV or HVs.

Entry Tax on Gold Planet -
Taxes owed by players EACH time a player enters Gold Planet. 50,000 credits? 100,000?

Daily Tax on Gold Planet -
If you remain on Gold Planet and do not leave you are taxed every 24hrs. 500,000 credits? 1,000,000?

Not looking for a huge debate here, and Iā€™m sure there are things here that could use some adjustmentā€¦this was simply an exercise in trying to help the community/factions play closer together in their faction types and story line on planets. If we rebalance Gold Planet and Faction Planets we can discourage the overuse/abuse (or otherwise total control of Gold Planet) with the hopes that

1. others can get gold even in a smaller factions or single players and not horded by a few people

2. with gold being harder to get because less camping/base building on Gold Planet, gold will be more valuable

3. this will actually ENCOURAGE more factions to visit GP and thus more PVP opportunities or even alliances to mine gold should occur as a result

2 Cents - Jello

Greater delirium has ever seen.
Then remove the access to credit for RP.
We raise all taxes 10 times
It will be fun.
Still, letā€™s input tax on the server.
And a time the game.

Assume this is the case:

• 10 man alliance faction
  • 1000+RP total for entire faction combined, 100RP each
  • 70 cores on planet
  • play 12 hours a day
    You get around 30k gold from HWS miner + 120k credits from RP + other income (which should be way more than 100k) = 150k+

You have 7 cores each on your name and 70 total for the entire faction with like 40.000 devices, all set to private. You pay like (estimate) 20k taxes a day. You now have 130.000 x 10 = 1.3 MILLION credits profit AND you occupy over 25% of the total playfield capacity.

After a week of playtime your RP is through the roof (+168), assuming you do not AFK. And before the next major patch you should have like 500-800 RP.

I do not understand why players hate taxes that much because taxes are (even after public fix/nerf) a joke for experienced players. They are only a problem when you are:

• solo / very small faction (server&game not designed for this anyway)
  • noob
  • using public/faction assigned cores in a large faction. But workaround: use private (which I guess will be next on the todo list lol).

So yeah the tax system is rather imbalanced. But it is imbalanced to our advantage. For PVP playfields there should be a core limit per faction member and spamming BAā€™s should be/is an exploit anyway.

And Iā€™m not even including the really cheesy tactics (multi-accounting, etc.)

It was requested a lot of times and sure we will bring back the core limit. If 5.0 is too far away even in the next couple days.

Will think about your other suggestions Jello, thanks

What? Some kidos wonna cry? Go zero bases on ALL planets. cmon.

Wonna some interest in gold? - nerf dat RP-gold count for Ally and Hunters. They got free-gold, and they DO NOTHING for others. Bc they got 0 need for that.

Dude, the whole point of taxes on pve is to stop people from overbuilding. Thatā€™s also why itā€™s unnecessary in PvP; most of the time, the players will wipe each otherā€™s structures out. Yeah, 5AP owned it on NA, but that can ā€œbring factions togetherā€ by forcing them to team up to clean the planet out.

The defend/siege a planet thing is a great scenario and Iā€™m glad we at least have the possibility of that.

Iā€™m a trader in a faction that is just myself and one friend. I still went to gold and mined a couple of times before it was wiped. It was tough; but, thatā€™s fine and was kind of fun. Itā€™s the most valuable resource in the game(bc is close, but super easy to just pick up on a lot of planets/moons) in a giant 6 playfield PvP zone. I should risk wiping when I go there.

Also, entry tax into a play field, let alone a pvp zone? How would that encourage any of the player interaction you were just looking for?

BAā€™s should be banned on homeworld a.k.a. resource planets altogether. Spamming the surface of a planet with turrets is not PVP, itā€™s cock-blocking and borderline griefing and on par with offline raiding, even if itā€™s the exact opposite (hope that makes sense)

Donor planets should be taxed like all other PVE planets, itā€™s a solidarity thing and Iā€™m surprised weā€™re even discussing itā€™s existence.
If i knew there was a way to prevent trolls mining out resources and/or digging huge holes under miners, then i would seriously consider opening our planet for other factions as well.
We only have one base on our donor planet and it has everything a 3 man factions needs for 1000cr/day ā€¦ when I get the urge to build a 1:1 replica of the Chinese wall, i log into creative.
I kinda like the idea of zero tax for the first BA/core and scaling tax per core after that on any PVE planet ā€¦

Cut down your base(s) until you can afford the tax, or live in space until you can afford to build/pay tax on one.