Warp Camping?

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened:
=> I warped from ECC to Homeworld Space and spotted an SV on the minimap. It turned out to be an SV that is being used as a proximity alert sensor. I consider this to be warp camping and players should be told that this is not allowed. This particular SV belonged to the faction ABN and was in the shape of 2 staring eyes - before I shot out the core.

Player(s) with issue:
=> aeonbug

Server:
=> NA

Time (cb:time):
=> 2.15 pm

Playfield:
**=> ** Homeworld Space

Structure Name(s):
**=> ** [ABN]ECC>HW

Structure ID(s):
**=> ** Unknown - I did not hang around long enough to be attacked by ABN

How can we help you now:
=> Player need to be reminded of the warp camping rules. 3.1 Do not warp camp. The warp entrance area is about 3 square km (randomness +/- 1.5km.) This is a TRANSIT-ONLY ZONE – so you MUST be moving or refueling/remapping.

1 Like

This discussion was made in the Official US Server already.
Decoy objects, without weapons on them are legal to be spawned there.
It’s part of the PvP risk to destroy any of these decoys quickly. See it as Enemy Radar you have to jam quickly.
Such decoys are in its form no threat in any way. The hunter still needs to be online and invest time and resources to track the Intruder Alarm.

Warp camping covers only structures (CV, HV, BA), that have turrets and shoot at entrance in an unfair way (while the victim is in the Loading splash screen or DSL is not fast enough to catch up).

That is all what this rule is about. Since it’s the second time of confusion I might make it more clear in the rule asap.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.