Welcome to HWS 5.0!

I’m feeling a little dense this morning - can’t find it. I’ll just have wait like the reset of the peasants. :wink:

1 Like

Just kidding. I just wanted to send people furiously searching through 185 posts.

3 Likes

Ha, nice.

1 Like

HWS Connect is not working but I guess that this is known and that it will start to work once password is removed?

1 Like

Cyka, BoMBIT :slight_smile:

1 Like

SERVERS are up and running! ENJOY EVERYONE!

2 Likes

Where are all the people? AM I ALONE in forum now :sob:

5 Likes

Where’s my gold? On what planet?

1 Like

You’re wrong. I am also on the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still waiting for answer of where we can find the gold? I need gold I live off gold. Without gold I will die.

1 Like

And what happens if you in a ship and one person has enough RP to enter a special planet but the other person in the ship does not?

1 Like

So what are the RP losses for death now, or are there still any?

1 Like

You still loose RP on deaths, yes

1 Like

Argh bloody fire in a shop in Edinburgh been on this bus for sooooo long with diversions and traffic, so forum is as close to 5.0 as I can get for the time being :frowning:

1 Like

I still don’t like the aspect of RP right now. I don’t think @RexXxuS was meaning to call everyone lazy with his comment about having to work… I do understand the push towards PvP, and to get people to actually do something. But aside from planet benefits, what is the point of RP? This seems really restricted, and if it is still tied to hourly wages, and whatnot it’s going to kill new players and the economy. Or those of us who have to start at near zero who didn’t donate, nor make enough credits at the time to get a high level OCD.

I get that lack of participation is the enemy here. But isn’t that somewhat solved by making almost all the planets Pvp? You’re bound to run into someone eventually. Even doing something as simple as a mining run, or ingredient run if you don’t have something in stock. The way RP now is going to hurt a lot of people. Alliance and pirate should be easy enough to warp ever hour and do something, but what about hunters and traders? Traders, sure, need to warp to get to markets and other places. But their focus is on the economy and making money. Not exactly a major PVP faction. IIRC in 4.x, traders are allowed to defend themselves, but don’t actively seek out fights (from the story). And us hunters… PVP without a bounty is, at very least, completely meaningless. Why put the resources you have at risk, if there is no way to eventually profit?

I dunno, I may be thinking to much into it. But it seems like you’re trying to push for a team deathmatch server rather than a huge living universe. Living requires survival, which requires obtaining resources to make it through day by day. And requires even more resources if you want to go toe to toe with the best. The only way to get such things, is by doing the menial tasks associated with survival. Gather resources, building bases, constructing combat ready CVs, and getting everything prepared to take on these massive entities that have a massive head start. RP as it stands, basically is telling us that “No, to hell with that. Pull resources from your (nonexistent) OCD supply and get to dying/feeding the big guys, NOW!”

My suggestion? Let RP be a reward for overall server participation, and make it epic with RP consumable abilities. The ship scan thing is a great idea, but why not go forward one more step? Have a set of abilities that are RP consumable. IE: A distress signal: 10-50 RP to send out a distress signal to nearest online alliance ship, with details on what playfield it came from. Or perhaps origin based abilities? 200 RP: Hunter can scan sever to find out what playfield a target is currently in. These sound better, and plus can be carried over from patch to patch with various tweaks for balance. Because we all know, no matter how much RP or participation reward we get, it’s absolutely meaningless considering it will be wiped and reset come HWS 6.0.

I know what you are getting at and I don’t want you to think I am being a whiney little b-- about it. This is the first server I have been on for Empyrion, and I love to play here! But it seems like if you’re not already loaded, you’re going to be penalized for participation rather than rewarded. I do hope this feedback helps you guys become a awesome server, and HWS continues for the lifespan of Empyrion. Hope to see you guys in server!

2 Likes

Like some of the ideas there, but from what I seen hws was a PvP server at root, and let’s face it this is a survival game, I don’t imagine existence in space would be all nicey nicey. It’s a cold dark hospitable environment where only the strong would survive and the weak will perish, sadly this is nature’s way. I like alot of things 5.0 offers and will also provide players with targets and goals where as 4.0 well u get to a certain point but there’s nothing to really take you further, that’s all changed now :wink:

1 Like

We were shooting with ~7 miniguns and 1 assault rifle and it lagged very badly. I’m a bit afraid of the new netcode for large CV’s in large scale battle.

1 Like

Funny, but ohhhh soooo wrong!!!

1 Like

Oh, don’t get me wrong! I don’t want to have my hand held and a PvE experience. I want to participate, shed some pirate/freelancer blood and metal, all the while earning a good chunk of change for my efforts. ^_~ I dunno, I guess I’ll just forgo any of the rewards stuff. Not like it’ll matters anyways, come 6.0 everything will be reset anyways. XD

1 Like

You want us to pvp but we have this penalty. Best bet to login warp log out play on another server until you have a massive buffer of RP or just ignore the whole rp thing. Not trolling i am serious.

1 Like