Welcome to HWS 5.0!

Ok, good to know.

1 Like

Appears to be no trading station or bank at Elemental marketplaceā€¦

1 Like

Marketplace is in the center. 0 0 0. Bank coming today

1 Like

I hope I can explode the windows and ceiling of my shops because navigating the market and using the elevators, I donā€™t like it. We had that same thing in HWS supermarket in 4.x and we ended up blowing up the windows :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Aye, I found that. But no trading station in the marketplace that I could find.

1 Like

Iā€™m more concerned about the scarcity of resources, even on ā€˜hardā€™ Lucifer deposit sizes only gave around 100-200. I found a Zasocium deposit on a ā€˜Home Worldā€™ planet and it had 63 oreā€¦

1 Like

And I think itā€™s intentional to make meteorites the way to get resources - which means HVs are totally pointless.

I suspect Iā€™m going to hate the resource grind in 5.0.

1 Like

I expect our main source of rare resources in 5.0 will be the same as in 4.0.

Generous donations made by miners.

1 Like

Most likely. I mean I have enough resources that I can build a 3 or 4 decent warships before I run out, itā€™s the newbies that will be such easy pickings.

Probably take someone two or more weeks to build a 70K CV now.

4 Likes

Thats what im thinking and not seeing the traders doing their part on the local marketplaces at all. Hope that they start to fill all local marketplaces. And not just us doing as traders too.

2 Likes

How can they?

1. Thereā€™s no benefit or motivation for them to trade. They donā€™t get added bonuses for selling things, nor do they get RP for creating listings on the marketplace.

2. They themselves are most likely feeling the ā€˜resourceā€™ pinch.

I think we need to go back to each Faction getting RP through different means - gives everyone motivation to do their ā€˜roleā€™ other than the RP.

1. We also need to increase the amount of resources. All the veteran players can ROFLstomp any new player with their massive PVP cvs.
4 Likes

Well i agreed on thisā€¦

1 Like

As mentioned: the intention of PvP 5.0 is to reduce the inflation aka full OCDs of some people.
That means on the other side that you are in alliance also with noobs so you boost them a bit with trades.

IF Origins / Alliances is played well the early game is a bit difficult but the mid / late game is a never ending / boring story.

To be honest a lot of player are just spoiled with the previous HWS versions. They are blaming, flaming and crying that it is not good for their taste anymore.

We had a lot of thoughts put in Originsā€¦ weeks before you knew about them so our vision of the universe is quite enhanced and you all need to get used to it first.

Anyways we will see how the meta will be in 5.0 with all the new features. The global scan is quite underestimated I thinkā€¦ letā€™s see.
Then we can adjust again :wink:

4 Likes

If I ever get my originā€™s epic weapon, as opposed to the 8 epic sniper rifles I have, itā€™ll only be a couple lucky months before I can global scan!

3 Likes

I donā€™t know Rex, it sounds to me more like:

1. Let the epic grinding of resources begin.
  2. Watch noobs get slaughtered by veterans.
  3. Maybe if we are lucky the vets will drain each others resources.
4 Likes

The grinding of resources is pretty much GG.

We came to this server for the autominers back in 3.4 because none of us wanted to resource grind. We just wanted to pew pew.

I do not for the life of me understand why anyone would want resources to be a grind. Autominers were the absolute best thing in 4.0 and I am totally confused by their nerf.

At this point I have no intention of going back to hand mining meteorites.

Maybe that makes me spoiled but I personally do not consider watching Netflix whith a mouse button down engaging gameplay.

Fights were tough enough to get when people didnā€™t care about losing their CVsā€¦ I dunno about now.

5 Likes

Their is still auto miners now and they mine 4x faster apparently and easy to get once you farm a few poi i dont see your point lol.

1 Like

Go place down some autominers for Sathium and tell me how it goes for you.

3 Likes

I do see the point and agreed with what hes saying plus if traders are not doing their part with ā€¦them we cant also just purchase stuff.

1 Like

If the loss of a ship does not have any impact why even have PVP ? A loss should hurt. Otherwise whatā€™s the point ? Why not just turn the server creative and have one whole big PVP fight in homeworld 24 hours a day ? I personally like the new harder resource model.

2 Likes