Welcome to HWS 5.0!

Traders: will sell to friends
Alliance: will buy RP from traders for warping.
Hunters: will trade kills in various ways
Hunters&Pirates: will noobstomp or kill playesr who mine. Because players who fly some seriously well designed 20k block ships won’t die unless it was a bug.

2 Likes

Try it in 5.0 before you say that. CV combat in 5.0 is - different.

1 Like

I refitted my old cheese ship for 5.0. You can imagine how cheesy it is right? Won’t die unless you take out 80% of the ship. And at 60% I warp out. Also I noticed that SV’s cant really shoot it in space (exploit/tactic again…) but most battles are CV vs CV in space anyway.

But perhaps I was wrong because they can still kill the cockpit and get a lucky kill there. Sure I will respawn in another medbay and mount another cockpit but they have the RP for the kill so it might work.

1 Like

Yeah but…have you tried it in combat?

We’ve done several fights on our test servers and 2 fights so far on HWS.

@mcprouty can confirm that damage is a bit on the high side.

1 Like

yyyyyep. I have video I am rendering up and editing now. I know the ring thing does a lot of dps, but I have legit never seen that many turrets get downed in so little time.

btw @Mordgier, THAT situation last night is why I love flying with at least two to a ship. Even though they nerfed manual firing turrets a bit, I think the patch that allows us to access containers while moving still makes it incredibly worthwhile.

1 Like

If you record your first pvp encounter in it I would love to see it.

What you describe is the complete opposite of how our battles on our test server have gone.

1 Like

well fuck. I dont see anyone else put anything forward other than "warping with an epic is stupid, why do I need to warp 150 times, etc etc etc.
And I am SOOO sick of the realization that the origins literally are meaningless. There is no code of conduct, no meaning or benefit to any role but guardian. Traders are damn near extinct since trading is a thousand times harder and no one is buying, and you cant mine enough to buy anyways. Guardians are gonna just start warping instead of afking to get RP, and for the most part never actually come to the aid of anyone in combat, not that they could get there in time. Hunters have no actual way of completing a bounty, because the chances of stumbling on the person you are hunting, IF someone places a bounty, are astronomical, and you need to get to suicide range to see who is piloting a ship if its in space. All that is left is piracy. And there is no need to be in pirate origin. All you need to do is pirate from trader, and follow some weak trader out into the stars, then break the alliance with his faction and demolish him. No repercussions.

I unno dude. Im just really trying my hardest to keep up the enthusiasm I had looking forward to 5.0, now that it is out. And all I am finding is disappointment and motivation to not play. Why risk warping, flying through pvp space, etc, if there is not even a location with resources worth the fuel it takes to get there? I honestly made it to my base after that little adventure with mord and have barely felt like playing, let alone leaving the planet.

2 Likes

Oh come on - that was an epic get away! First time ever I was left sitting there staring at my screen thinking “What the …”

1 Like

The alliance system is not even 48 hours old yet. I’d be interested to see how the playfield evolves once people are done with the rebuilding phase and start moving out into space to do things.

A key drawback to pirate is that, if you actually care about being a pirate, you are in no alliances which makes you a weak target to an alliance/hunter/trader force that banded together.

I think it’s too early to judge the patch but maybe take a week or two off and come back and see rather than burn out trying to power through the setup.

3 Likes

oh I agree, and I enjoyed every second of it. I was more talking about the growing realization that I couldnt trade, the HV miners werent working on my planet, and that allies could steal autominers.

1 Like

Yes. But it’s a place you can actually put down autominers.

1 Like

ya and that lil bit of information is what has kept me from straight bouncing until they patch a lot of things. I dont even remotely want to use it to mine ores though, thats the thing. I am trying to set up my base, got super excited about the whole hv drill concept, but in reality is just keeps stalling and not mining anything. Like I even used a bp that was apparently working fine elsewhere. dont know if its my planet, or something more wierd. Anywho ya, again, not at all unhappy because of that fight, honestly it was one of the most exciting bits of gameplay Ive had on empyrion

1 Like

With them being able to mine meteorites - I think it’ll be fine.

1 Like

See the bank and the marketplace in elemental (they look good, excellent design work, guys!). But still no trading station there… is that still forthcoming??

1 Like

The trading station is inside. I setup the doors to public today

1 Like

So is the lagoon planet access based on faction RP or individual rp?

Also, it appears Pandora is not restricting access. Flew around and did some exploring and never got the exit message, and looks like people are mining there already.

1 Like

Yes RP restricted.
Zion=120
Elysium=160
Pandora=200
Eden=250

Will check Pandora and set if not

1 Like

Individual or faction?

Sorry, didn’t quite get that.

Also, apparently people are still having issues at elemental. I know you’re working hard, just trying to offer feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Individual Rp :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification.

Also, doors at elemental still all claim wrong faction.

1 Like