What I'm setting up for 3.0

So when the wipe happens, and we all go back to (relatively) square one, me and my faction have decided to convert to Alliance, and offer the following services to anybody from any faction who visits our space station.

Secure storage and banking
Can’t go into detail on this yet, all I can say is that you’ll have a container, that is secure and can be accessed by you at any time, and that you own so nobody else can take anything else out of it.
Think of it as a safe storage thing, if the OCD goes down, or you want to keep the physical items in game, but not on base? Look no further.

Bounty Broker
Bounty hunters need work, and we’re more than happy to help clients find the right one. We’ll be setting up deals with all serious bounty hunter factions still present after 3.0 to accept contracts from us, that you place with us.
What this means is, you get complete and total anonymity when placing a bounty. Nobody will know it was you, and there will be no way to trace it back to you. Much better than just asking in general chat, right?

Fence
Stole somebodies SV, or stuff from their base, and want to ransom it back to them, without letting them know it was you? Well we’re happy to do this shady service for you. We’ll buy stolen SV’s of you for a credit amount in good faith, and then sell it back to the owners (providing we can find who they are) and then give you a cut of that sale. If we can’t find the owners, then we’ll pay you a bit extra to keep the SV. This also goes for stolen goods, in any form.

Info broker
We’ve already set up sources through Steam and Teamspeak with certain factions who will scout every planet and every system for us, meaning we’ll know where everybody lives. For the right price, you could know where a special somebody also lives, if you had anything in mind for their base or CV.

Guns and Ammo shop.
We get it, times are tough and who wants to spend all day making ammo, or making gear? Well if you’re a bounty hunter in a faction we have a deal with, you can get gear and ammo at a reduced price with us by simply stopping by the shop and having some credits handy. We’ll also sell to the public for a reasonable price as well.

[size=85]and the bit we’re really hoping people like, so we can make it work:[/size]
Gladiator Arena (Gambling)
The space station we’re building has its very own cage fighting section. Two people enter, one person leaves. Both armed with only whatever the producers provide them with. If we set up a match between two fights and we get enough bets, the winning gladiator will be given a cut of the winnings!

If any of this sounds good to you, send a message to my inbox. I’d love to hear from some more bounty hunter factions, and anybody who wants to get paid for some business or work.

Forgot to mention we’ll have a bar as well, that will actually serve drinks/food.

Haha, nice. Good role play.

That sounds pretty awesome, you say you have built or building a space station?, only reason I ask because I do a lot of block building its an aspect of the game I’ve quite good at and have done it for many years and worked on some big projects in other games (yes minecraft), it just so happens I’ve build a space station because I’ve not seen a decent one on the workshop yet and sound like it would suit your needs I never 100% finished the inside and its not fully textured I would happily give you the design which you could modify to suit your needs or I would happily complete it to your needs. Just let me know if your intrested.

I will try get you some pics when I get home

[quote=“windmill28”]That sounds pretty awesome, you say you have built or building a space station?, only reason I ask because I do a lot of block building its an aspect of the game I’ve quite good at and have done it for many years and worked on some big projects in other games (yes minecraft), it just so happens I’ve build a space station because I’ve not seen a decent one on the workshop yet and sound like it would suit your needs I never 100% finished the inside and its not fully textured I would happily give you the design which you could modify to suit your needs or I would happily complete it to your needs. Just let me know if your intrested.

I will try get you some pics when I get home[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, we really appreciate it. But given that the space station needs to be tailored to meet the activities we’re setting up, we had to do a lot of the designs ourselves.

Very true. Ill post it anyways since I never finished it, might give you some ideas. Btw duke are you recruiting any new members at all? my friend not going to be playing this anymore so kinda need a faction to join?

After 3.0, we may very well be recruiting. We’ll need bartenders, hunters, trackers, smugglers, all sorts of stuff really.

We’ll talk again after the wipe, I’m sure we can think of something for you, Windmill.

Very confused as to why the Alliance faction would be hosting a fence for stolen goods, but I guess it could work in theory if your base is open to all factions (including pirate and lawless). I have no clue how you reasonably expect to protect and/or ensure the safety of anyone inside of it either. As it would seem people don’t like my critiques, this isn’t meant as a bash for your idea. It’s meant to make you think about things that could go wrong (and how to address them). That said, I like the idea, but I don’t see it being practical in 3.0, unless it was PvE space.

Rex said that we’re having PVE orbits, rather than planets. So everyone will have to play nice while on base.