1.10.5 update and status update

Good Morning @everyone
first of all I want to thank everyone for their words and condolences. It’s still very tough and every time I use the EAH tool it is difficult…
There is also something I can only tell you now, but just few days before it happened, Jascha implemented a feature we all were excited about for 6+ years. He couldn’t finish it 100% but I try my best to dig into his legacy.
The feature is the excited Ship Insurance feature.
With that you will have a much better feeling about your ship, build up a better relationship and trust with your ships, that it can be get back, no matter what adventures you go into.
It also allows me to create new ways of Events, where you can bring in your own ships, fight with them and after the event you can get it back as they were before. The best way to combine organic and event driven gameplay (PvE and PvP).
I hope I can release it early next year for you.

Some asked, so I let you know that after 6 years this year I pause our X-mas event, sorry.
However there will be a new addition to our Jascha Memorial that will give you on 24th December a one-time gift and from there on from time to time help, guidance, gifts.
I hope this represents Jascha’ nature as good as possible forever on HWS…

Today finally a new patch 1.10.5 got released. It has some good fixes you can read here:
https://empyriononline.com/threads/v1-10-5-patch.102107/
I will catch up later if I have to do more for it. If there is a RE patch, I’ll apply it as soon as I can.
For now I combined it with windows maintenance tasks / reboots. Also our webserver deserved a reboot.

No full wipe is needed. The next one for RE happens after our common 3 month cycle in January.
HWS+ is keeping worked on in the background but I’m terrible sorry I don’t have a release date yet.
Only the guarantee that I will release as fast as I can. 2023 was a blow in many ways, so 2024 can only get better.

What was an incredible positive event this year were you, the Community!
So many players interacted on HWS in a good way and we kept growing. It made Jascha and me very happy. He appreciated it a lot and I appreciate it more than I can find words for.
Especially that Patreon is growing so big, to a new record, is something I am absolutely humbled and thankful for!!

I wish you a great time on your Homeworld Server, HWS and a very warm and nice Christmas time. :candle:
RexXxuS

[Collection], [Collection]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/268062984671068160/1184457652080750632/image.png?ex=658c0b26&is=65799626&hm=fab8e27a710b13a2f91d7983893f2cc8b06d9a7a55eb417bd18fe39ae0c1c376&

3 Likes