2018 fall season players brainstorming

Hey!

RexXxus allowed me to create this topic. I thought a players brainstroming about the next season universe would be usefull. I share my ideas as first.

HQ Planet changes:

• If I undestood well the hws story Homewolrd planet is the main home planet which is tried to be captured by origins. According to this I would set HQ planets to harsh environment and only the Homeworld and donator planets as temperate. Alien type of planets would be cool, because of game mechanics (plants, trees and water).
  • Fuel is more important on servers than single player. It is hard to find promethium atm and I think this is not the “survive dude” part of the game because I can’t play every day but the server is running 7/24. Set these planets to indesctructible, don’t wipe them. And let the players do autominer forests again. Or create a moon to mine promethium endlessly.

Starter planet changes:

• My suggestions are trying to avoid core number hell and lag at season start. I know core number limit is increased but players can fill everything. Let them feel this is a starter planet and they have to leave (they are always crying ingame chat, because their base is wiped on starter planet). Put spawning pads almost everywhere. 4 spawning pad to space and 8 spawning pad on planet at least. And a lot of ADM bases with public constructors.

• The first days are realy laggy. I suggest to give some extra bonus for the first 100 EGS visitor to motivate them leave starter planet as fast as they can.

1 Like

I like the first hours of every season. Reason? I like to watch the fail army roaming. Its like opening a barn doors first time at spring to let the cows out. Funny as hell.

The lag part should be delt with dsl, i like to see in a next start how it will work. Its true that they should make starters more hostile, dark and unfriendly. It might bite back tho if too many noobs cant hack it and ragequits.

If i understood correctly, you cant make autominers next season so autominer forrest cant happen?

Many beginners dont know nothing at the “after starter” worlds so many stays as long as possible to gather resources to carry round in a paper cv and end up losing at the end. I can see it happening all the time. There should be lcd panels or something allmost every place at the starters to explain ocd etc server features, more than there is now.

1 Like

Advertise the critical HWS features such as CB:sethome!

All of us vets are like “duh we know thats a thing” but you’d be surprised how many people might go a whole season not even knowing.

My main suggestion for next season is that POI on PVP planets should give a lot more rewards.

I remember last year, the POI on desert world which were really funny AND rewarding. You were always getting a few stacks of gold, some autominer cores, fusion cells and Epic Weapons, I miss that.

The main reason is : Raiding a POI on a PVP planet is a high risk situation, especially if you are alone. While you’re inside, you leave your SV outside, alone, exactly like when you are mining but it takes a lot more time to get out of a POI and take your ship back than to stop mining…Some POI can take dozens of minutes to raid, and during all this time, your ship is exposed to any PVPer.
With the old blueprint system, it wasn’t a big problem as you could just spawn another BP to leave the planet. Now, it’s a bit more dangerous to leave your SV alone…

Also, many portal missions give ridiculous loot, but i think it’s alright, because people getting through portal leave their ships and stuff safe (ECC). The only risk is loosing the inventory your brought through the portal. Maybe check for a rebalance of the portal mission loot too, but in my opiniou, POI in pvp areas should be more rewarding than Portal Missions.

To conclude, POI on PVP planets are/should be a really interesting way for new players/non faction players/SV fight noobs to avoid direct PVP with other players, but go into high risk zone and try to get some rewards.
I think giving bigger rewards there would be a nice way to encourage players to go more in PVP areas.
And it still makes another way of getting gold/autominer/fusion cell/Epics, without robbing other people.

POIs should give more rewards regardless of pve or pvp.

I have an idea about OCD PvP Put cooldown rework.

I would let the players to PUT items on every OCD lvl:
OCD lvl1: no cooldown (yes, 7*100 storage is almost nothing, it’s a small help for newbies)
OCD lvl2: 12 hours, 2x / day
OCD lvl3: 8 hours, 3x / day
OCD lvl4: 6 hours, 4x / day
OCD lvl5: 4 hours, 6x / day
OCD lvl6: 2 hours, 12x / day
OCD lvl7: same as now

This would change two things:

• server can have more PvP playfields if you want it, because newcommers can save their stuff
  • more player would go to PvP areas

Should be a warning when entering PVP zone, Set a home point, and prepare to Win or DIE. Are you still sure? Yes or no option.

• Anti-Combat Log: If you logout in PvP, your ingame character remains for 30 seconds after you logout. -Anti-Killfarm: Killing the same player within 120 seconds (2m) wont add to your killcount

-Remove radiation and extreme temperature from PvE “safe” spaces such as ECC space
-Remove extreme cold from starter worlds - (shouldnt freeze to death before you can find cold resist)

-Diverse PvP: At least one PVP space with reduced class sizes - this is important to put on a “branch” of the star map and not in a “lane” (shouldnt get warnings moving a legal ship from one system to another due to -having- to pass through a system with reduced limits)

2 Likes

LOL. I remember last season on freelancer starter trying to make it to the trade station by foot before I froze to death. Didn’t make it the first time or second. Ended up doing a CB:restart since my supplies got stuck on the other side of a mountain with a drone base firing on everyone. Good times.

I huddled in the crashed starter ship overnight, my survival constructor churning out blocks for me to make a primitive HV with…
If i hadnt shot a couple spawns worth of those ugly wingless bat looking things in the face before leaving the starter station I’d have lacked the XP to unlock the right blocks…

I waited till morning thinking the sun would warm me. It did not or wasnt sufficient. I placed a few blocks of my HV and went back to cowering in the still-warm cockpit of my upside-down escape ship. I’d hop out and place a few more blocks, then back in to de-frost. This took an additional day-night cycle. Eventually I got rolling in my heated HV, boosted off to the ECC building and then finally was awarded a cold resist mod for my suit.

I’ve got an eva booster as freelancer. How did you freeze?

Last map as freelancer you only got your EVA after reaching the HWS spawned HQ thingy (the place the starter quest takes you)

This map I went prototype so I didnt repeat the experience

Yea, but we had a teleport. Doesn’t matter now.