2Q: #1 fa:supply on cryo and #2 coming wipe

#1:
I was a bit surprised on the cryo start I had.
I tried “fa:supply” and got a supply package that was so big, I could directly build a large SV and warp away.
Maybe it’s intentional to let veterans skip the starter planet ?
However, the OCD is restricted there, so maybe it’s not.
If it’s not intentional, maybe fa:supply should require something like 10 hours playtime PLUS 1 week delay in between to prevent it being a fast hack off starter.

How long will the wipe take on 12th ?
Is there an estimated time when the server goes down and back up ?
I’m asking because I try to get my faction people online at the right time.

There is one factor that you are forgetting about here: level. You cannot build an sv and warp away until you are a high enough level, atleast 7 I believe. So regardless of resources, everyone is stuck on starter til this hurdle is overcome. Granted, for those who are used to it and have a strategy, it is not a huge one to overcome, but the same could be said for the resource issue. A dedicated and informed individual could just as easily scrounge up enough resources in about the same time.

It will generally be on a reset, and has taken a max of 2 hours in the past. Generally closer to an hour. Time can vary though, both for schedule and update, so its generally best to plan on playing after a good buffer time, for example plan on the night of the update. Update times will be announced in the Announcements channel of discord though, so if you keep an eye on that you can see what is going on.

2 Likes