3 Year Story: Origin Name Change!?

I do not think that just changing the name, enough, there must be antagonistic forces, a pirate can never ally himself to anyone of the federation or guardian or whatever, these must be enemies, I believe that turning the freelancer into a mercenary brings a change in the form of lines where this group could act both on one side and the other.
Another, more radical solution would be to create three completely antagonistic origins, which would be the Federation (aliaça / guardios), The Empire (freelancer) and The Pirates, so everyone would fight against everyone, I do not like alliances between origin, I think it weakens the origins and also the pvp, I find more logical fights of several clans of the same origin fighting together against other origins … at least for me it makes more sense …

Alliance >>> Federation

Freelancer >>> Empire

Law Less >>> Pirate

1 Like

Yes, Alliance must go. You can set up an alliance between factions, so it confusing to also have a faction called Alliance.

Alliance >>> Ranger
Definition: One of a body of organized armed men who range over a region especially to enforce the law - (if you don’t need the trader part included, just plain good guys)

Freelancer >>> Freelancer (no change - perfect)
Definition: A person who acts independently without being affiliated with or authorized by an organization (sort of goes against having a faction full of Freelancers, but it’s HWS’ universe…and I like it! LOL)

Lawless >>> Syndicate
Definition: A loose association of racketeers in control of organized crime.

I’ll keep thinking about the trader/guardian - Alliance name…

(All definitions from Merriam-Webster dictionary)

1 Like

@RexXxuS I’ve put some ideas about origin overhaul here: Ideas for origin overhaul

As for names I agree with Federation and Pirate (although Raider could fit here too), I’d also rename Freelancer to Independent

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Since I have to prepare LCD screens, Planet descriptions etc. for the next season already I think the result of everyone here is for now:

Alliance will be changed to Federation

Freelancer stay Freelancer

Lawless will be changed to Pirate

I like it.
Guardian sounds maybe cool but semantically, it does not fit to the full spectrum of gameplay within that Origin.

We can only set this globally to true or false. So we keep it for now, that everyone is not automatically allied with others.

There is also a global setting to allow or disallow that. But if we set this restriction that you can’t join / have alliances with other Origins or your Origin can’t have a mixed Origin, then it would be too heavy I think.

3 Likes

Rabid’s idea works for me as well, though Freelancer should stay.

Alliance -> The Federation
Freelancer -> Leave alone or: Mercenary
Lawless: Outlaw/Pirate/Anarch

i like Federation too, sounds good and keep a spirit to play together against pirates

We joined recently as Alliance (soon to be Federation). Is it common IRL that other factions or solo players who are also Alliance tend to work together, ally together, not PvP each other, etc. in the spirit if the HWS storyline?

I see when viewing other factions the ability tobrequest an alliance with them. What benefits does it have (sharing of bases, resources, etc.; No friendly fire in PvP; just to say we’re friends)?