6.0 Easy, Medium or Hard

That’s your opinion man, we did the poll and we have a nice split of 50% pvp and 50% pve. So the whole idea of dominating as in pve player doesnt make much sense.

Everyone will be in the same boat at the start… No Ocd, but actually the more combat orientated origins have a tougher time… Survival is more difficult at the beginning…choosing an origin isn’t as easy as just clicking and saying… Yep I’m a pirate now… But I mean you could go trader to have an easier start, not sure swt has the same ring as SWP…probably not good for street credit :wink:

Anyway, a lot of what has been mentioned is irrelevant with our new universe and 6. 0 features but what is 100% is we will try to slow down the rush to avoid all the actual fun parts of the surviving in egs… Call it the grind or whatever… But in reality once youre off the start that it, surviving is 300% easier…

As we found from 5.0 sooner or later you run out of things to do… So why is it such a rush at the start… Enjoy the survival times and earning you right to be in a particular origin… Things are so different is 6.0 trust me the rush won’t benefit players in the long run :blush:

3 Likes

We all here, bc we had more than on other servers ©

Test? Wasting few days for lvl and materials on Warp-CV - its survival?)))) Thats even not funny. Im pirate - my interest is fights. I and all our faction create PvP-fun for all. We didnt see fun in griding, even if its part of the game. bnm.

Btw from all dat games, rly good would be only CS. All in same position with same possibilities - wins only for skilled play. We think Emp could have the same practice.

If u wonna see survival in Emp - create some conquest. U need some reasons to name this survival. Check Travian, Star Bounty or even “7 days to die”. The last one: yes u farm, yes u build and even could go PvP, but every night and 7th day u need to SURVIVE. That real survive. Not like we had in Emp - build Ship, hide in deep space, and live there to the end of times (some time go on some PvE-planets for resources). Where u see survival?.. The only dangerous thing is that u got: its a lot of monsters around, and not so much ammo. And thats all. Create mini-BA with garden, HV for farm = survival end. gg.

I already check it on test branch. Yes, its rly interesting things. But only for SP, when MP space empty. I think u wouldnt feel all those features in heavy PvP on 20k block CVs…

I hope. I rly w8 this.

Want to make it different from grinding - make some challenge. Even it would be deff vs enemies waves - that would be more interesting, and MORE survival, than stupid drill, shoot, drill, shoot, drill and drill…

If a pirate start is harder and trader is easier me and many others are gonna go the easy route. Origins never worked on this server.

That is a lame statement. Only because we are the only server trying something very special, doing even game development stuff and need to polish and learn from it does not mean it will never be good.
At least with such lazy stupid statements it will never get better because no one gives constructive feedback then obviously… -.-

So go ahead and pick the easy start but do not complain / cry about the rewards the harder ones get.

4 Likes

@Achilles, Hey man. Currently everyone’s plan on the server is to run as rogue traders I would suspect. Best FA:Supply and no limitations on combat ability with the easiest starter. Why wouldn’t you?

I mean once your faction is up and pounding you can always have some CB:Restart as Pirate or whatnot but why punch yourself in the junk at the beginning if there are no restrictions. Something like Below. the origin system is great but without a big negative and only positives your really only picking starter planet and FA:Supply (Oh and avoiding Lancers :wink: )

Each origin needs a flaw and currently Freelancer is the only one that gets any hate. The below is just an talking point example and is probably it’s own topic. I would love to see a request for our input on the Origin system which I love it just needs tweaking!

Traders should be restricted on weapons their CV’s and SV’s can equip but can build class 5 bases.

Pirates should get more weapons on CV’s and SV’s but be limited to class 2 bases.

Guardians should get class 5 CV’s but class 3 bases and SV’s.

Hunters get class 4 across board.

Lancers get class 3 CV’s but can go to any origin planet.

Guys,

You are forgetting some thing very crucial…

you are all making assumptions on how it is NOW in 5.0…

all valid points for the system right now…

do you think the past months work has been just sat planning to keep everything the same, that isnt HWS is it :wink:

so don’t panic, and yea some people will go trader in 6.0 to have an easy start maybe, But if PVP is what they want mainly…They will be at a disadvantage right after the starters…

Gone are the days of having your cake and eating it, you want an easy start and no PVP restrictions like the old traders…good luck with that in 6.0 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@Achilles If that’s true you made my day.

Will Lancers have a PvP path to Arma? make it hard; I don’t care but don’t make it impossible! I need my 7 a day RP!

Hmm, now im worried as a trader that my game will suck… Do i need to pick Freelancer now because traders appear to be the sucky origin now? XD

@hopscotch You Min/Maxer!

Traders trade you Traitor!

i think i lived a traders life in 5.0! I kept to my Origin roots and i traded and profited handsomely for it.
That said, there’s nothing saying other origins cant profit from a profession outside of non-stop PVP and if a traders life is gonna be so restrictive so as to make it meh… well… Make room for me, Obs, imma rule a corner of the lancer lifestyle! HAHAHA

I have given you constructive feedback for years you always say wait for x.xx

5.0 had so many promises i even went pirate that was a mistake with the locked trader and alliance planets there was nothing to do, Homeworld had low meteor drops you said wait for 5.xx nothing changed. Always chasing RP is boring and useless to gameplay. Can’t go on any planet because my rp is low.

Can’t await for 6.0 so i can farm rp for the next 2 months

Back to basic Rex you have a great server but keep on wasting time on trivial things while new players get crushed by server bugs without any admin help.

This was promised on 5.0 what happen ?

No not at all, in the past the origins have had guidelines but never anything that bounds them to real choice other than a package or a perk such as the old OCD anywhere for traders, This just meant that everyone was a ‘Trader’ ie…a lot wanted the perks but to act like pirates…

The aim for 6.0 is to say, You want to be a trader, awesome you will get some perks for being a trader…but one of those perks isnt benefits in PVP…Traders are not combat focused by default, so if you want to be exactly that then for sure you can in 6.0…but lets just say a Hunter or pirate will be at an advantage in PVP but then in PVE traders will be better of in some instances…that word…balance

but most important decisions need to be made, there shouldnt be a clear ‘winner’

of course you can always ingnore and your get on just fine anyway, but cries of its not fair as a X will be kindly ignored lol

Time, The game…We can only work with what we have, the game is alpha, Rex and The HWS team have some big plans but still these will come bit by bit, patch after patch.

These things may be trivial to you, but to others it is what make their experience on HWS worth it…otherwise we are no different from any other server :wink:

We are not saying 6.0 has ALL the answers, but is it another big step in the right direction that HWS want to go down…it sure is!!!

Love it or hate it, HWS has an identity and the great thing is we dont pressure anyone to play an exact way…but if you do follow our guidelines will you get a better experience, im pretty sure you will :smiley:

:heart_eyes: Be still my heart. Choice and consequence, you cant be everything at once?! I love this. IM good with getting nerfs for advantages elswhere. I certainly dont focus on PVP, and im perfectly happy having less PVP functionality than a pirate or hunter if i can smoke them on earnings and replacing my stuff they stole. This is the beauty of prey and predator relationships… Prey have advantages of being able to eat grass…for example, and are numerous! Predators nust work hard for their meals, but the payoff is good – But a resulting decrease in predators by relation is appropriate.

If we get in a situation where we have a server full of predators, and no grass out in the open, or watering holes for gators to hide that we MUST come out to drink at, then we will be in a bad place.

I have 100% trust in you guys to work with what we are given in an alpha to make it the best possible experience! Game on! (I was kidding about making teh game suck, i make the game work for me no matter what the limitations are. :wink: )

• Hops

As a fairly new player and coming from games like Rust and Arma2 and 3 Dayz mod, etc. I love the harsh survival.
In general.
Having everything you own in a base or CV… loose it and you really loose something. That kind of excitement is gone a bit with the OCD and autominers. Resources should have real value imo. Losing a cv when you have resources for 50 more in your OCD… you will just throw it in a fight and be like w/e when you loose it. Same goes for dying. Now the game is in aplha and bugs like being stuck in the wall of a vehicle causes about half my deaths, but dying should have consequences in a survival game. So yes, please, more harshness! less hoarding! less protection!
politics and alliances will be more important than ever. Yes people will be screwed over harder too. But you need enemies anyway to keep it interesting… Revenge is sweet etc. :wink:
A problem that Rust (eg) has however; when people have their main base wiped and the enemies beefed themselves up with your resources and is even harder to attack now… people just leave and start over on a server that is freshly wiped. IOW, its deadly for community of a server.
I understand the need for a balance between the two sides of this. But I would enjoy a bit more harshness and challenge very much. I lived on a donator PVE planet for a week and it was the most peacefull experience I ever had in a game… no worries in the world… stash always safe and out of reach, enough on the bank to spawn in extra ships if I lost something… resources available without any threats… boring! I ran back to C7, at least I have the idea there we are not 100% safe… still not very exiting there, but at least the option of losing all exists again :wink:
So I hope the 6.0 additions address this need for excitement a bit, cant wait.

1 Like

I would also like to see resources mean something. I think auto-miners should go away on any and all PvE planets this includes donator or otherwise(We still plan to donate for a planet though!). What I would like to see is the mining rate for manually mining increase to compensate for the removal of auto-miners and combined with that I would like to see costs go up for crafting things like combat steel but in addition to their cost the HP and mass go up substantially so that there is less of a requirement to have layer upon layer of combat steel and so that there would be more of a balance between size of ship and amount of thrusters needed to propel the new higher HP and heavier blocks. That last change would really only work if lag shots are substantially reduced.

In my ideal world there would be loot only schematics that need super rare alien resources that could only be found on things like alien freighters in Black hole basically only acquirable in PvP zones. Id like to see things like drone command and control centers that send out drones to mine deposits on PvP planets that can be raided if not protected. You could use those rare alien resources and outfit your mining drones with more armor or faster speeds or even a radar absorbing material to prevent them from showing up HUD. I envision it like like you would with the new armor for players in 6.0 with interchangeable mods. I’d say give those rare components either a timer or each time they are killed they lose a charge on their durability and the people raiding the drones get part of the alien resources used to craft the components. I mean none of this is something HWS can do but I see this game as having so many possibilities.

Locking OCD on starter and origin will force vets to move away quickly,

allowing new players room. GREAT IDEA !!! Auto miners would give vets
this ability almost immediately. Consider how crowded these playfields will
be otherwise.

I was never a fan of the entire origin system. Players will simply choose what provides
the most advantages. For example Rogue Trader is what many are considering now for
post 6.0 play. Then proceed to play how they choose.

I would prefer a Race system that locks players into a general faction based on 

planet origin. Reputation rewards could be purchased via faction merchant. Want to be a
trader go do some trading. Want to be a pirate go plunder. A players in game actions
should determine their profession.

Can’t wait to see my Scrapper origin!

I did maximum hard start on Experimental. Masperon with no cheat commands with just the fresh start stuff.

No bike, no gun, no fuel, just survival constructor/o2, t1 drill w/2 bio fuels and no seaweed, barely any plant food on the planet. I was able to do it with 2 deaths but I wasn’t attacked by any players. I think after 4-8 hours I was only level 10, although I wasn’t trying to power level by any means (was playing with the vents and using Logistics POI as a temp base). Obviously having a few hundred ingots to start would have sped up the process immensely.

And on another note, I’m guessing Hunter/Pirate starter will be pvp maybe? :slight_smile:

You realize OCD AND HWS Auto Miners will be disabled right. You will have to use an old fashioned t1 hand drill to get your initial resources.

1 Like