A new playstile has emerged

A new playstyle has emerged on the starter planets. This is my 5th start, 3 of them on day one. This is the first time I have experienced this playstyle.

Pull up to a poi (unarmed in the first case) and no one is around, start looting/salvaging than have someone else come by and start looting/salvaging as well. Kind of a d88k move but oh well. Suddenly start losing contact with your drone to find that the second player is not only helping themselves to the poi but drilling out the ground under your feet, with there drone all the way to bedrock. A F88king D88k move.

The next time it happens the poi was armed (abandoned reactor) I decore the POI and start to loot/salvage. I hear a ship fly by (I thought) turns out the player also starts to loot/salvage the poi. The one I disarmed and decored. A F88king D88k move. Since that is not enough to show how big a D**K the player is he shoots my drone for emphasis.

This all happens on Freelancer tutorial a lovely little PVE planet of players all in the same origin.

Things seem to be deteriorating and the basic rule of do not be a D88K apparently has gone out the window.

talk to the d88k. u never know what could happen. u may be able to work as a team clearing POIs instead of fighting each other for dominance. just a thoughtā€¦

in the second case nothing to clear i had decored it alresdy

in the first case nothing to clear it was the DSE mid

being ar the bottom of a 100 meter hole in the ground is not condusive to conversation

i am suggesting this for future encounters. a lot of grief can be resolved with communication. interactions can drastically change once there is a realisation of humanity on the other end. open comms to the prick u think is intentionally trying to ruin ur day. u will be surprised at some of the results.

1 Like

I appriciate that and I think it is good advice. I have had good results in the past with similar. Hard again to find out who to adress from the bottom of a 100 m hole or if your drone is shot when you try to highlight the player long enough to get a name.

1 Like

lol very true. a lot of newer players have no idea how their actions can affect others. could have been someone being a jerk, our could be just someone trying to be playful. either way itā€™s best to try and ignore those that want to make others miserable. makes life much simpler when ur able to avoid douche baggery :wink:

1 Like

Question, were they able to shoot and destroy your player drone in PvE?
If so and itā€™s reproducible then that part sounds like a bug report for Eleon.

The player drone is an extension of the player and I didnā€™t think it was supposed to be possible for another player to destroy it in PvE.

The whole ā€œburying your player all the way to bedrockā€ part is a real A-hole move though.
Sadly not much can be done about it though.

1 Like

yes playerā€™s drones can be shot down in PvE. i have seen this be an issue in some cases but has also saved me from someone trying to snatch items dropped for another player. up until yesterday i would have agreed with disabling drone kills in PvE but nearly lost a ton of loot to an unknown drone last night. thankfully i saw the drone and was able to blast it before anything was taken. was their intention to steal what i dropped? not sure and didnā€™t want to find outā€¦

2 Likes

It was me!

My bad, I will play niceĀ®.

Ant then you have this little gem

some one built a base on 2 sides of a leak bunker because reasons

edit: this is on frelancer HQ a PVE planet a frelancer being a D88K to other frelancers

That was me also. I wanted it to have it integrated into mine, for unknown reasons.

In a game where the stories are player driven, turns out most people are hostile until someone else shows up for them to fight. I am generally a nice person but on day 1 on pirate planet I will gank you and loot you for good measure. This guy seems like a pirate/lawless just chose the wrong planet.

Iā€™m just curious to know how a base next to the leak bunker is causing any issues. you should still be able to destroy and loot everything inside even with a base nearby.

as far as i can tell it is not causing any issues. it is just A D88K move to build ontop of a poi. they could have built 200 m away and it would have server them nearly the same. ai thought there was a rule about being in the bounding box of a poi.

had i not been so tired when i found it i would have done the bunker just because

the rule is u canā€™t intentionally block other players with ships in PvE. making eyesores is not against the rules. some see beauty in odd places. we are able to park a ship base of sorts to loot a POI and have a respawn/rearm point. it is quite handy. hop in creative and design ur own. then find a decent loot giver and go nuts. wireless devices are very nice to loot and scootā€¦

1 Like

I have a great ship for that And several utility tool for before i can build that ship. Nor am i terribly upset by that base, it dose not limit me, but it still is D88Kish

In 2-3 weeks most of those players will be gone regardless

seems more of an ā€œoblivious to oneā€™s surroundingsā€ move. most are usually unaware of how their actions can interfere with others. some know very well what they are doing. best not to assume the 1st thing that comes to mind on why something was done. several come to mind with all the strange mishaps this game will show u.

1 Like

WipeTime (Touch): 360 hours [15 days]

Player-built structures are removed when not visited / touched for more than 2 weeks. ā€˜Touchedā€™ means the player that owns the structure stands ON or IN the vehicle or base. Accessing a structure via its Control Panel or docking to an untouched CV does not qualify. The amount of time since a structure was last touched is visible on HWS Connect in the Structure Commander.