A Real Low Blow

Maybe an pirate planet, for the pirate faction ? not sure if it should be PVE though xD
Would be boring indeed if whole space is going to be PVE, then the game turns out as an regular survival game where you need to build an base etc…
i also like the idea of space battles and the risk of being raided by pirates.

Yea space battles are great :smiley: its also where cv’s really shine, they are horible on planet.

I think all factions should have there own planet all PVP tho and no PVE space, in all honestly the PVE worlds (or world) should be there for new people only or if you have been totally wiped out so they can get on there feet and should be wiped frequently to stop people setting permanent bases (wiped ever day or so). Now we have the OCD thats the safe heaven for your stuff everything else is fair game.

Again, this is a dev problem and our admins and us are having to figure out creative ways around it. And in the case of building a base beside OP bases, it comes down to players being cool/honest and admins having to police (which I’m sure they love) :slight_smile:.

Dev Request for Offline Protection ->
I see 2 easy options the devs could make in code for now and these could be complimentary and not exclusive:

1. OP should continue to protect from attacks with it’s Force Field thingy but it should NOT disable turrets. This would help extend the distance beyond the force field to warn and/or destroy any intruders trying to build their BA/turrets beside your BA.
    Possible Problem: players will still be able to drain ammo and when you log on, you’re double screwed: no force field AND no ammo. :frowning:
    Possible Solution A: Change turrets to only fire at targets, when OP is online, when they are within 1/2 the max range of turrets to increase the chance of hitting the invading ship/person.
    Possible Solution B: Increase BA turrets rate of fire, max range, max damage and especially the tracking so that it actually hits the target versus watching thousands of rounds fly into the air, which is easy to avoid by strafing. If the BA turrets were much more powerful, fast and responsive, most players would steer clear of BA’s. Additionally, this would cut down on BA intrusions and raids because players would actually fear the turrets. Now, BA turrets are just a minor inconvenience. Dev’s please make BA turrets something to be feared. :slight_smile:

2. Increase the range of OP force field range to 1000 meters beyond your last block. I know, I know, that will make for large footprints on planets, but this would also encourage people to spread out and force lower BA populations on planets because land would become less abundant. Imagine a 200m X 200m base, OP would go to 1200m in this case. This would keep griefers from draining your turrets (if turrets worked during OP) b/c your turrets max range is less than the 1000m OP force field.

Dev Request for BA’s in general:

Please make BA’s stronger. Building on planet is a sure way to loose everything because they’re too easy to break into now. Here are some easy solutions:

3. Increase the Hit Points of BA blocks to 5000 or 10000 Hitpoints. Are you crazy Jello? That’s WAY too high! If you make it so that bases actually become strong, secure fortresses, then people will have less losses, less raids, less frustration, less flying all the freakin’ way out to God knows how far to park your stuff to be safe. Make the BA blocks very, very strong. Instead of taking 5mins to break in with rockets, C4 etc…make it 5 hours. Not impenetrable, but damn hard to get into. This would also drastically reduce the “digging” aspect of penetrating BA’s b/c who will dig down for 2 hours only to have to break through blocks that take another 2 hours? Only very, very determined (or lonely) people.

4. Increase the range, damage, speed and target tracking of all BA turrets. They’re simply too easy to avoid now. Only newbs, morons, or suicide watch people actually get hit by them.

5. For God sake, fix the clipping exploit with the Drone and/or SV’s so that people can’t scope out your BA, all it’s defenses and layout and find your core in 5 mins! This is silly. Devs PLEASE!

In conclusion: stronger BA’s = longer term players = more fun for ALL of us.

Jello

Or just disable OP

I gotta say that the issue is not if OP works or how, it’s using it to set an unfair trap. I think it should be just taken out of the game and any protection would just depend on your defenses. Maybe no raiding a base below lvl 20 unless the orner is online.

I don’t think rules will help (dont raid under lvl 20 etc) as i think alot of players don’t even read the rules on the website etc…

I don’t mean rules per say. Something coded into the game like not being able to make a warp drive at level 2. (level requirements)

Rawr, Moo, and hugs to all;

1 - Hugs - Koga you made my evening hugs and you’re awesome, this thread made me giggle.
1a Respect 5.7 ( Do NOT build stuff near enemy Offline Protection base to kill them as soon as they come online ),
1b As far as I can tell you didn’t break 5.7, the spirit of the rule clearly is that you don’t make a base around someone else’s base so that they login to your base turrets and OP; We have myriad combat examples where the use of decoy HV’s and other non-Bases is a valid and accepted strategy in the theater of pewz. ( See SWP and company raiding JBA on Jupiter , SWP v JBA on Jupiter moon, (JBA and Thranrir and friends) v SWP on Homeworld ) so it’s moot to think that it’s suddenly a breach of rules
1c If dropping a ship built offsite is not in keeping with the spirit of the rule of rule 5, this would be the first time after LOTS of examples of it’s interpretation where it’s not allowed, please retro-ban Me, and all of SWP for every time we used HV’s to decoy a base as an invasion tactic.

2 - Balls - Tarkus, insulting someone’s balls is third-lowest form of the craft; It is much more effective to pwn someone than it is to fish insult via their genitalia; kill him, don’t talk about how much you would kill him in theory - just kill him. It’s mucch more fun. I’m JBA as well - Kill me too.

2a Respect your fellow player, nobody sticks around on HWS because they are here to grief or be a deusche; Koga isn’t here to piss anyone off - he’s lookin to motivate you to have fun. You weren’t motivated to fight, instead you were knee-jerked into qewz. Rex sees to anti-griefing perfectly - i know this first-hand where he pwns people who are being deusches. Please learn how to lulz at a strategy, take it as a a challenge, say gudfight and then pwn them back and be like " YOU GOT PWNED BISHES" - it’s way more fun than forum wars.

2b If you build on a pvp planet expect to have everything explode by creative people in horrible but innovative ways. We spend hours each night conceiving new and entertaining ways to lower the structure count on planets. If you believe someone to have crossed a line in terms of game mechanics; the correct approach is to first clarify that suspicion as being the case with an admin (Ask rex, I’ve done this several times) - and then to (if needed) debate the admin policy as a potential change - NOT to insult one-another because of internet space ships. To take it straight to a discussion on the size, state, shape and bounce of one-another’s balls is petty and if that’s what you came to HWS for; there are other servers which would be glad to have you (See XTE)

3 - OP - The fun of the game is in three places. First when you first make something to survive when you didn’t think you can, second when you almost lose that, and third when you make that invulnerable / safe place and someone cracks it. If you ‘can’t’ lose it then there is a feature called single-player - you can’t lose it there it’s inherit as part of that mode.

3a -OP Pewz - Ideally the setup would be that OP protects offline structures and docked ships as-are; - in a way which makes them invulnerable; Anything beyond that setup is both exploitable and makes little sense in the scheme of the game.  It's broken, The " Force Field" idea is convenient for mechanics but it's far too exploitable. Ideally make the blocks of an OP structure untouchable and yes leave building within a set range of them prohibited. But if you live on a pvp planet there is no sensible reason you should be protected when you're asleep. you should either be able to defend your base while sleeping or lose it.

THat’s my wall of text. while Tarkus is completely captivated by this post, I will blow up his base with an SV that is under 500 blocks if someone posts where he lives.

Rawr
-Dan

OP needs to go but in parallel there needs to be balance in the game which only the devs can provide. Taking a well defended base should be a significant endeavour.

So daniellyons1 you consider dropping a trap base or cv is considered a fair fight? Knowing that when a player logs on he has very little chance of defending himself? Did you tie peoples hands behind their backs and then beat them up claiming how tough you are? If I challenged you to a fight, you’d probably throw sand in my eyes before either of us thru a punch. And as far as my dick joke goes, it was just that, a joke. To show I’m not a sore loser. BTW I’m 62 and won’t know what hard is for very long. (Another joke).

haha this is funny, when i complained about this to Rexxus he was like its all fair in pvp worlds, when BCL had put an entire base filled with turrets around my base.

luckily they got what they deserved…

Not funny I said that many doing it so you can do too since we don’t have a good solution for that at that moment. After it went public there were more and more people did this so we have to step in. I hope you participated in the poll already:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=340