A suggestion for Balanced Combat on planets and in space in Empyrion PVP

I have a suggestion that may improve PVP by evening the playing field. If you give certain systems well known “anomalies” or rule sets if you cant be bothered making them immersive for example at lawless HQ there are intermittent Ion storms which destroy high level weapons and devices vital Capital ship systems and advanced SV weapons may randomly be destroyed every 15 minutes on that world… so it is inadvisable to use the higher tier weapon systems or perhaps even just completely shuts down all CV and SVs grounding them.

This kind of setting or Anomaly would ensure a planet is only inhabited with players who are using weapons and ships of a certain level or strength making a fairer pvp environment because lets face it survival games aren’t very fair in PVP I feel like this can be changed though if you implement intelligent game mechanics

another example would be a system wide anomaly that gives you a timer before your ship is completely destroyed by gravitational stress caused by an instability in space depending on your ship size the timer will be shorter a Size 5 CV only has 4 minutes until it breaks apart and is obliterated whereas a Size 1 SV has hours. the people on this forum most likely will be able to come up with far more efficient ways to do this but the idea is the same not flatly restricting players but trying to encourage them to fight or use ships on a similar level to each other or take a risk.

or quite simply a planet with constant magnetic storms ships that enter the atmosphere never leave all their systems are shutdown and you crash everyone knows to steer clear of it with your ship and teleport there using a HWS teleporter

all auto turrets are disabled due to alien artifacts…

situations like these mean you have to enter a play field with a different strategy and allows players to fight each other and AI in different ways

the cryo worlds having blueprint spawning off to prevent people who will be nameless going back their to camp noobs using large ships with materials you cannot find on the starter worlds

If it is possible on this forum I would like to have a poll asking if others are interested or find the idea of a hardcore pvp HWS server to be insane and only for people who like real danger

Offline raid protection that starts 30 minutes or longer after you logout thanks in advance the reason i mention offline raid protections timer is due to multiple threads I literally just read suggesting that people logout at the first sign of trouble and cross their fingers for offline raid protection a disgusting strategy at best.

Anyway I hope the HWS Staff can come up with and add in tactical situations to planets and systems to level the playing field and make players fight in different ways in the future I have no doubt that Empyrion Devs are aware of these possibilities and will add a variation of them into the game

You are in the wrong forum, this is the correct one: https://empyriononline.com/forums/suggestions.9/

1 Like

thanks I didnt see this

dunno if i wanna double post tho maybe that is worse

To be honest these suggestions feel like a lot more PVE in the PVP. If you check out the PVP hotspot planets (GG, HW) there are some major restrictions on class size and block count, which put everyone on the same level. There are other non standard restrictions on certain PVP planets as well, Titan for example. I feel like putting in a random destruction storm or a short timer by class size would cause less PVP, not more. Just my opinion.

1 Like