All my docked ships despawned! (again)

Hi there, same as here:

This time i used the Command cb:restore so all i want you to do is add my zones again to the ship ID 23850958

This is btw. extremely annoying :frowning:

it’s much easier to get assistance if you fill in the template instead of deleting it…

Really? I mean, you dont need it to solve my problem. But anyway, sure, here you go:

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> all my docked ships despawned

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> irgendi

Server? (+ EU or + NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> RE EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> see screenshot

On which Playfield?
=> see screenshot

Structure Name(s)?
=> see screenshot

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> see screenshot

How can we help you now?
=> This time i used the Command cb:restore so all i want you to do is add my zones again to the ship ID 23850958

Hi, @irgendi.

As Bob said, then yes, we prefer the template. The template is structured so we can easily get exactly the information we need.

Absolutely :grimacing: The only way it can be avoided is by not docking the structure you want to keep. Basically assume that the moment you dock to something, your ship will at some unknown point be deleted.

@RexXxuS, can you check?

The only way it can be avoided is by not docking the structure you want to keep. Basically assume that the moment you dock to something, your ship will at some unknown point be deleted.

Well, thing is: I usually do a very small “OCD/Marketplace/etc.” Vessel and dock it to the ship im actually using. So I have the benefits of my OCD everywhere I need it. Also my ship is Kind of a small Carrier and I`m actually planning on a new and bigger one.

Even more I tend to do changes on my ships every now and then (see “patreon core lost threads from me”) and recycle them just to rebuild them a minute later. Then the zones (if added on the actual ship) would be lost too.

tl:dr: If you dont mind I will keep doing so and unfortunally make a ticket every time it happens unless you guys tell me to not do so cause it makes you too much work (which I would respect if you say so). I think its the only way (for me) to keep playin the style I like.

I’m not 100% certain on this but I believe the docking bug is in conjunction with the untouched timer wipe mechanic. while I have not fully tested this myself, I found walking along the blocks of docked ships tends to keep them from disappearing. I don’t do a lot of ship docking these days but when I did, this was the procedure that kept them from disappearing for me.

I just tried to reproduce that, I cant confirm that.

@RexXxuS

Sorry for the delay.

@irgendi you still had an unused OCD Zone. You could have assigned it straight away 2 days ago to the restored ID again.

I gave you +1 OCD Zone now, so you have 2 OCD Zones in your queue now.

In terms of the docking bug. It is a big blind spot bug.
There are a lot of usecases and this touch timer relationship might be a good hint. Issue is: nobody could 100% reproduce it yet.

no problem, didnt hurry :wink:

yes, no, well, i didnt know. thing is: i thought you would assign it to the ship. buit yes, youre right, thats how we made it last time, true. :see_no_evil:

And what about the other zones? Did you give them to me as well?
I mean, I just had a look and yes it seems I still have zones, but I just wanted to make sure I have everything back which was on the ship.

I always gave them to you.

perfect! thank you very much! Its not that I wanted to impute anything, I just wanted to make sure :wink:

can be closed now!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.