Alpha 8 Experimental Release | HWS 8 Countdown

WTF are you smoking?

You want strong bases? Have you not noticed that turrets have a greater amount of HP lately? And back to the same argument, a SOLO player (unless you are AFT, which you are NOT) has next to NO chance against an alliance. No chance period. Ever.

Now with no borders in 8, no green/red barriers they can swarm your base from ALL sides. Sure, make that class 7.49 base, now defending it and replacing turrets, repairing ships, placing blocks against MULTIPLE attackers in an alliance. You. Wonā€™t. Win. Stop blaming everyone else that you and your solo faction cannot keep a base on GG, when it is you, directly, that prevents keeping said base by not having any alliances.

2 Likes

Can`t wait to test A8 =) =) been waiting for something really new in this gameā€¦

One suggestion! Make ECC a big space station! I for sure know i will not vist every day i am on if i have to fly arround the whole planet to make it to the buildingā€¦ Maybe build a ecc space city? Including the penthouses? (need to remove taxes then somehow on the steam player)

Looking forward to the big update, and really looking forward to waht news you will bring in to this great server :slight_smile:

dQ

ECC was a set of space stations in 5.0. Not on planet.

It worked. Planet location though, is still nice

Planets can be diff sizes. A class 2 is same size as current (hummels post in egs forum)

Performance took a hit though whenever you had to render all the ECC strucs.

Im interested to see how well this local cache rendering works.

Noticed that too. Wasnt certain if due to the stations, dozens of nearby ships parked there ----- possibly both.

Both, but mostly because of the massive CVs that were always parked there.

Could I suggest making ECC planet much smaller if possible? There is nothing but EGS POIs on the planet and they are quite far spaced out. Or if we keep the same size planet, add in additional POIs? If it goes max size, I really donā€™t want to trek for 20minutes to get across planet to get my pizzaā€¦

No need since HWS 5 or so.
EGS HQ has Teleporters to all POIs on ECC - the Teleporter to the Pizza Hut included!

Class 2 in Alpha 8 (minimum) is the same class as the current planets.
Canā€™t make it smaller.

3 Likes

I canā€™t seem to find any information about thruster damage in the exp notes, was that not coming in this patch?

nope

time to make GG 10x larger, with gravity so strong you cant escape.

rip vandruis

1 Like

Understood.

Thanks.

Im hyped. Can you add bratwurst food template? Or maybe small bratwurst planet RexXx?

My point on this is that I think it will be much harder to find that random PvP on GG. I do agree with you that random PvP is best, and when in a PvP playfield you get that extra excitement of wondering if you are going to be attacked or able to attack someone at any time. I think we should still keep PvP playfields, but also have PvP based events if that is possible.

The problem I see is that right now an alliance can patrol GG and find someone mining in 10-15 minutes. After 8.0 is live, it will take hours unless they happen to get lucky and find someone right away. I would think a lot of people would get bored of doing that: spend an hour or two before finally finding someone, then that person can run away so you donā€™t really get to PvP anyways.

I was just trying to think of a way to keep PvP alive, and ways other than gold being the only focus. I am not sure if Rex is still planning on RP being a major feature of HWS, but I thought I remember him saying it was (donā€™t quote me on that because I could be wrong).

ā€¦or I can finally read the details and see that there are planet classes that admins can choose and it is not just 64x32 for all planets.

Class 2: 8km x 4km (size in pre-Alpha 8 versions)
Class 3: 16km x 8km
Class 4: 32km x 16km
Class 5: 64km x 32km

Will not be as easy to find players and bases if the render distance is still as low as it is.

They could always make the radar functionā€¦

People will be forced to actually scout, thatā€™s a good thing to be honest.

Right now you can fly around a planet a couple of times and pretty much find anyone there.

2 Likes

In my opinion the PVP hotspots should be kept as is and not be made huge. Maybe condense the Homeworld system into one large planet instead of having five different planets but leave Arma and GG as is. Increasing planet size here would only lead to planetary PVP coming to a halt.

At this point smaller factions can still farm on these planets without getting caught all the time. These are PVP hotspots, you are meant to have a tough fight for your stuff there and not just farm in peace. Farming on GG should be earned, not be a given for anyone that happens to land there.

2 Likes

Agree with Knumbskull. PvP hotspots need to be just thatā€¦ spots. If you spread out the area in which PvP occurs its no longer a hotspot. While it may be ok at server start as always im concerned about season end. As numbers dwindle and playfield size remains constant, chance for random PvP encounters naturally decreases.

If weā€™re going for these larger playfields then hopefully as someone suggested thereā€™ll be fewer playfields. The homeworld planets are relatively empty at present so merging them would seem a good way to go for a start. Read somewhere Pandowa and Eden could be made bigger so dont need to be surrounded by the PvE peacekeeper space. Hunting grounds? :slight_smile:

Depending on the local cache rendering maybe we can start maxing our render distance settings. might help with the bigger planets.

1 Like

I agree with karu here. I think bigger planets will help so that more factions big and small, and from differing alliances have a better chance of surviving and using more of the terrain to their advantage. This means that finding enemies that land to setup base are harder to find and therefore it gives them more time to get a foothold and prepare their defenses more thoroughly.

did anyone notice this infographic?
the last growable :cactus::joy:

1 Like