Alpha 8 Experimental Release | HWS 8 Countdown

Limit on cores per playfield remaining the same will need considered. pke and w are being used to park ships to alleviate core pressure on pandowa and eden.

But, maybe hope for more chosing a life in pvp space.

8 suppose to fix the deep space shakes and shadows, and pushing the warning messsage out to 100k.

Only remaining concern I have to living in pvp space is the warp teleport to someone elses base/vessel bug. Thought this had been fixed sometime in the past ---- but reading discord/forum messages it appears this may still exist. Its been around since at least 5.

Limit on cores presents another dilemma — big planets need more pois to not be vast emptyness. Add pois ---- leaves less for player cores.

Not envying the decisions rexxxus has to make to build a balanced universe for 8. Keeping the majority of planets on the smaller size up to medium may help.

I guess the big question will be how taxing it will be on the server side hardware; if a single play field in the past was able to max out the CPU usage and affect everybody’s gameplay, now we increased the planet size 8x.

On a side note it will take forever next year to do the Easter raggit search

1 Like

why are you so fixated on planet size?
i think a bigger game changer is the removal of the red and green walls. that is going to make navigation trickier.

It will to a certain degree, but in this case size will matter much more than the barriers. Whereas now it takes maybe 2-3 minutes to cross the planet to emergency assist a faction or alliance mate, now you will spend 20-30 minutes doing the same chore. Removal or the walls and barriers may make it shorter travel, may take the same amount of time. One thing I was disappointed to see was the experimental build doesn’t allow building bases at the poles, so to a degree your still limited to the equatorial areas for base building.

Well yeah, concerning 8.0 PVP, which kind of PVP do you want to see ? 20 ACP size 1,49 SVs hunting down a poor mining noob on golden globe ? Seriously ? At least give a STRONG base to that noob, surviving longer than 2 minutes. By that both will have more fun, the mining noob and the 20 ACP noobs in modded garage ships as well :stuck_out_tongue:

For space PVP i already added the suggestion with a gold asteroid playfield only available through supergates. For interesting space station / SV sieges you could lower the hunter board prices for full position reveal of a player. This, again, only makes sense with a massive strengthening of bases or nobody will dare to place their bases into PVP space. At the moment i do it because i am quite sure that no one will find my stations.
It would be ok for me, if players can find my station but have hard work raiding it. Of course the current 2-minutes-base-steamroll option
 is no option.

For ground PVP maybe the original idea of Rex is the best : Make a planet or POI only reachable through gates where players can search buildings or caves or planets for gold and valuables. Then they must try to escape through the gate with their booty and evade/kill other players. There should be many gates leading into such a battle royale POI to avoid entrance camping.

Really? Again?

A strong base? A SOLO player against 20 ACP? Your class 7.49 base would be rolled in less than a minute. I have pointed out multiple times that a SOLO player cannot defend against an alliance. RexXxus has even stated the same damn thing. Only difference between bases are how they are built. If you cannot build a base capable of fending off 20 people, maybe you should rethink your build and not blame everything else.

Might as well put down just the bare core, generator, fuel tank, ammo box and a sentry turret, and expect to NOT get rolled

Taco, don’t give away my strategy! Seriously though, GG IS typically owned by the larger factions so a small faction or solo player has no chance to mine. In that case you have to change your strategy. For example, if I feel a little bored I build a tiny underground base on GG and wait to get attacked which usually only takes about 10 minutes. I do like watching them waste ammo trying to kill me from their ships while I hang out underground :slight_smile:

Its what I would always do to TAW when they owned GG last season. I would have cheap bases in library and plop them down when I would get discovered in order to prevent them from digging down. They would never get my gold other what little gold was left in the harvest box. There is a game mechanic that allows me to safe keep all my gold after I “destroyme” in console.

They always thought I would trash my gold, but nope.

@RexXxuS

I know I probably ask this every major patch, but have you thought about slowing down the early game for next season more? i.e. No do:re, am:get, fa:supply or spawning BA bps on starter systems? I’ve been playing 8.0 exp and the early game is a lot more in depth now, would be nice not to feel like I need to rush through it in 1 day
the scouting game is going to be so much more relevant now.

1 Like

Personally i wouldn’t like this (unless it was optional).

After-all there are many of us who have done starter many times now whose only objective is to get off the planet ASAP so we can start levelling and building our bases on our home planet, I have little-to-no joy in the grind of starter. If you want an optionally more grindy starter planet with perhaps a higher rate of reward then fine, but please let’s not impose any more grindy-ness on the rest of us! :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

Yes, selling on the Black Market from GG, priced as low as feasible to reduce fees.

Couldn’t you just make the conscious effort to do this yourself and not use them?
Instead of limiting all the other players that may have limited time, therefore unable to take the slow approach.

An experienced player is going to be off the starter planet as soon as they hit level 7. With or without boots. Once, you hit Origin Home, you can use your OCD and lay down either grow pots for quick levels or your going to go as fast as possible to somewhere with extreme creatures.

Any abandoned mine poi is huge amounts of free experience. Stand on a staircase and shoot respawning bugs for 2k each.

The point is you aren’t going to make this game hard for anyone who understands how it works. Unless you make all starter planets PvP. In that case, humans could make it hard on other Humans.

1 Like

They tried that; one planet PvE and one PvP and it didn’t work out. Now if your a veteran player you are not allowed to go to PvP, even if it starting from a felresh wipe.

As Rex still refuses to grant a foothold to single players and small factions on Golden Globe here is my ultimate guide how to become super rich and laugh into the face of all these „quantity over quality“ self-declared PVP gods :slight_smile:

Build a lot of huge armored concrete bases with a tower in the middle and large costructions far down. You can test your construction in creative mode. On the bottom level (not in the middle but in a corner) place a small chamber with a medical chamber (for respawn), Also place several constructors on the bottom, randomly everywhere. Save that base to the factory. It is very easy to build, as you need only iron and gravel.

Produce a few of them on stock in your factory. Now board your CV, park it in a nice location in homeworld space, set this CV your home respawn. Spawn a cheap throw-away SV (keep several of these on stock in your factory, together with spawnplate bases and cheap minings HVs).
Jump to Black Hole, land on golden globe, place your concrete base deep into the ground into a hill (page down key); spawn your mining HV and mine gold.
If you have around 10000 gold ore together, place it into your underground constructors in your base. Just hit the P key when yöu are close.

Order your constructors to produce gold coins. If one of our expoiting „major faction“ guys come, just log out. Log in later, after 30 minutes. Dont forget to have a offline protection device in your base, so you make the life of these „PVP experts“ even harder
 muhahah.
If they wait for your return and kill you of prove themself as exploiter kings by leaving a combat HV close to you
 dont worry. Respawn in your base, grab the coins from your constructors, enter „eb:cointocr“
 and they appear magically on your bank account. These PVP geniusses cant do anything against it
 muhahaha.

After that continue mining or respawn in your CV in homeworld space.

There are some factions who will try to destroy your base, well, just spawn a new one and congratulate these losers for a major waste of ammo. In general they will just kill your throw away HV and leave you alone.

And here is the essential of the story : Brain in usage > huge number of players in faction.
My god, i did always hate these guys : „Hi i just started Empyrion. Who has the strongest faction ? Can i join ?“

1 Like

That describes how GRG and many others in the current alliance operated before. The problem is that it is not PvP, it is that same mentality that now reigns over GG, use game mechanics to avoid PvP. I won’t do it, but if you do have fun, they deserve it.

I also would prefer regular PVP. But as i will never join a big faction full of losers (i already led an infinite number of guilds in an infinite number of PVP MMO) the stealthy way is the only possible way of survival if Rex is not changing the base armament to 30 instant hit Flak turrets :wink::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have been playing 8.0 on single player and multiplayer. Starter kit was the same on all of them and no armor till you can craft that light armor.To cold has been a real problem in both single and multi,it kill you a lot till you make that light set.On single player easy mode there are tons of small resource rocks/iron/copper/silicon.In multiplayer they are very hard to find as are resource deposits.Few and far between as are POI and wildlife. Miles and mile of beautiful land and giant lakes with little else to forage from.So yea constant hunger at the early game stage since that emergency tool uses stamina for power!!In single player you do have the Robinson Mission to guide you through early game and reward you a little as you follow the steps to find out why you crashed on the planet in the first place.Really Elon did a good job on this.If you skip it you get a tier 1 drill,chainsaw and emergency constructor and bike and then you are on your own.Really tough going. Also green wall is gone but map divider is still there.Also important is crop plots can only be built now in ADVANCE constructor
so farming comes later unless you find the MS Titan rubble.Rex the one thing I do thing needs to be on the server starter planets even if they are small or large put in the small resource rocks in a good amount since giant stones only give you rock now.Otherwise you hunt for hours for a resource deposit and they are widely scattered on single and multi player.Others who have played on the test servers give me some feedback on what you have experienced in starting out! Thank and sorry for writing a novel. :slight_smile:

MOST OF THE ISSUES HE HAS BROUGHT UP HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED SO WAIT FOR THE FINAL PRODUCT BEFORE MAKING ANY CHOICES REX

They fucked up so much with the 8 patch

The pictures of the items in the constructor look dumb AF
should have at least left a toggle for legacy icons instead.

Constructors looked fine as they were, now they are industrial washing machines.

Thrusters looked ok, I can live with that.

LETTERING!!! WHY?!! Now when I spawn a BP, the letters are FUCKING HUGE
IT WAS FINE BEFORE AND IMO LOOKED BETTER
NOW IT LOOKS STUPID AND I HAVE TO REMOVE THEM

They need to quit fixing what is not broken, and do something about what is

I mean seriously, its like making Pac-Man wink at you for every dot he eats
yet the damn ghosts clip through walls
 wtf is the point?

2 Likes