Anti-Build around Resource Deposits

@RexXxuS @Jascha

Hey Rex,

I took a stroll down to Homeworld last night - I like what you did, should create a nice way for people to get resources ‘passively’. One problem I noticed though is anti-build around resource deposits. Essentially, if I want to put down autominers to gather resources I am going to have to find a way to defend those auto miners, something that is impossible to do without a base while you are logged out.

I would suggest lowering the anti-build distance around resource deposits from 300m to 50m. That way people can build bases around the deposit and protect them properly. In the past versions it was necessary to have such a big radius, but now meteorites fall everywhere and you can mine asteroids in space so we don’t need such a big radius around deposits.

Thoughts?

It is already 10m afaik. Last time I checked and not changed from the last season at all.

Last season it was 300m. It was a pain on Homeworld finding open spots to build bases, because we’d have to carefully measure out 300m spots.

Did you try drill the deposit away and place then the bp?

Yes, that would work. My original point was to Homeworld with indestructible deposits though. The original intention of Homeworld was too use Autominers to mine the deposits, but if you can’t defend those autominers 24/7 you would just be throwing the autominers away.

That was why I was suggesting allowing bases to be built closer than 300m, so people could more effectively defend their autminers in pvp.

That would also affect base spawning. The setting says 10 meter to ores but guess it’s bugged.
Short: not possible atm

I don’t believe Auto Miner wars are going to be a thing. Maybe if the deposits where 200,000 and there was only one of each type on Homeworld and the materials where rare on all other planets? Maybe the effort and resource commitment would be there for an AM war. However a 6,000 ore deposit (That will cost me half that or more to defend) doesn’t seem worth it? Plus every person in the fight would need a share of that loot…

NA last season had huge warfare because we where defending nearly unlimited resources on one of two planets and invading to get resources from a planet the other controlled. It is still very early in the season and I am loving the changes but I think it is too soon to tell which way the dust will settle. But I do not see AM wars being a thing with the way Homeworld (and all other systems) are set up?

Some of the deposits were anywhere from 10k - 100k, Rex might have nerfed them after he made the terrain minable - not sure though.

Went to Homeworld on day one. Threw down two towers, no one showed up to party :frowning:. Explored the planet you are correct, some deposits where very high in number but they where basic’s. Not going to defend a copper node. None of the rares has more than 8k.