Armageddon modifications announcement discussion

Yes gold meteors falling during pvp and iron during pve. Also there should be immortal Drone base to put some pressure during pve. Maybe some alien troop transports?

Interesting idea, from what you have said i think it could work like this…

We have an Admin core SV, That has the cockpit 0000 but set to HWS

so anyone can fly it

The faction that has the SV in their base by a set time at the end of the week has effectively captured the flag…

So they would have to withstand attacks and assaults

the reward…well i dont want o give away too much yet until we can figure out all situations but how does this sound?

also guys im glad with all that is being said, let just say A LOT of time has gone into the development of 6.0 and a lot that is being mentioned has been considered or is possible…plus…a lot more cool stuff

We are looking forward to unleashing her on you guys, when the illusive 6.0 finally drops haha

4 Likes

I though about it being public for a simple reason - visibility. As vessels its only visible from up close, if public, it shows to everyone who got the flag.

Exept for that, sounds good, but i think it might be hard to avoid someone flying it into orbit when i think of it… Maybe without docking pads? This way it can’t leave the planet.
And also the harvest box should be with 000 code too (need to be drills on the HV so it can be dug out in case someone burries the treasure).

Weekly rewarding might be too little to motivate. Everyone will only fight ont he last day.
Maybe a small daily reward and a big one for those who help the last/the longest?

Well, i’m happy you like us discussing it. I like how you guys listen to the community and don’t leave the ideas go to waste :slight_smile:

.Any toughts ont he limit, or that’s more something Rex need to take care of?

I thought if any structure had admin core it showed on their maps…regardless of faction? The issue with public is that someone can control menu it and change it too their faction.

In regards to leaving the orbit, it will always be a possibility but would state in the rules it is not allowed…will be able to figure that one out :wink:

Issue is that it requires Human interation, IE Me or Rex or Jachua to reward as a system could not detect who has the flag…of course we cannot be sure that we can jump in daily but weekly for sure not issue. Worst case The winning faction screenshots and sends to us, we can check the tool to see who last interected with the SV incase of any ‘dispute’

For the remaining 5.0 this is down to Rex, We talk but in honesty we are facing more issues than limits currently, The 5.0 lifecycle has gone on too long and the way in which the universe doesnt make things easy for us so this is something Rex with all his experience in Server running needs to figure out the best action to keep things as smooth as possible.

Lets just say we are really looking forward to 6.0 lol

HWS 6.0 development has been my main duty for the past few months but we havent decided on the final limits, We are still waiting for perhaps Jascha to make some ideas a reality with his awesome coding which would then point us in the direction of limits.

One thing all should know is that we all talk very regularly and we listen, we read and we discuss what the community is saying and try to think about all situation :slight_smile:

an announcement is coming soon from our HWS Team relating to 6.0 which for the first time can mean that we can avoid possible issues prior release, change, add and listen even more to what YOU the players think :smiley:

2 Likes

This capture the Sv idea seems great it will add some really interesting competition!

Interesting talks about HVs… Except dat moment, that almost 90% of HVs used like mini-BA, and 9% like diggers and mb 1% as personal fighter…

1 Like

Let me see, I should have about 24 spiders winch are sentry guns, 6 or 7 Archer defensive tanks. 7 or 8 standard assault tanks and two ladybugs one upgraded with basic armor and weapons. 16 to 24 ratio or so. BTW Ilya destroyed much bigger defense in 7h on comet7 by himself. Taking numbers from head but should be more or less correct.

we have 2000 defence
2000 moles
3000 tanks
now that’s an army
Only joking

1 Like

Sorry if this seems fragmented, im on my phone.
I love the idea of this capture the flag.
But can it be a poi with an admin core? That we can ‘claim’ for our faction in somea way?
This way it wont move, cant be tunneled into nor can it be destroyed.
Maybe have the cargo boxed auto restock everyday. To give mega incentive.
You could also put it above a deposit with mutiple autominers.
Maybe another system, I dont know what tools you have at your disposal toto tweak the game.

Also if at least one of these was on each world there would be a reason to go there, less cheap tunnelling tactics. ( maybe not for this discussion but other pvp planets are dead, no bases, nobody to invade, no pois just mining).
a capture the flag system for all pvp planets with some reward for doing so would be epic!
Pvp would come alive and spread out.
If traders got a larger bonus for holding these pois, then they truly get a role in pvp, trading their excess items

If decked out with poi turrets then ammo draining would not be an issue either.
Hopefully it would be less effort for the admins to check on and create, than a special sv.

Admin run topic, faction controlling the flag give a screenshot with date and hour right after the restart, distribution of the rewards at the end of the week.
This way you don’t have to jump in daily, but there’s daily rewards.

Thats why the limit is needed. 12-15 will make it too little to waste slots on static “turrets”.

What about nearest factioned core? Or intruder log at time closest to the deadline?

Sounds good if possible to implement. Also - BA core only.[quote=“mcprouty, post:18, topic:4818”]
Or intruder log at time closest to the deadline?
[/quote]

Intruder log is too buggy in my opinion.

Random thought time:

What if we twisted the concept a bit and instead of “capture the flag” it was “king of the hill”.

One base. Period. It’s gets taken, faction flipped during PVP hours. Whoever owns that live core when it goes PVE owns it for that period and can build whatever defenses they can for 12 hours. Then it’s king of the hill again. Rinse repeat.

Would introduce some interesting tactics too.

Solves a lot of problems. Maybe introduces some more.

As for reward, perhaps that one only existing player base core can generate some reward: RP, credits to owning faction etc…

/thought

1 Like

Yes, as I tried to say before ( but badly cause I was excited lol)
A king of the hill base on each world would be epic and spread pvp big time.
I don’t think they can implement it yet tho

1 Like

Single-core king of the hill makes problem for alliances of factions tho, it would make it an FFA too much i think. 5 or 10 cores. Then maybe…

Making a valable place to hold is the way to gofor king of the hill. Limiting to one base isn’t…

Maybe an invulnerable admin gold autominer… could make things intresting :>

1 Like

oooooh… Now thats worth fighting for. You can build a base anywhere… but you cant get things like that. That makes coveted holy wars. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yuuup. As i said - biggest wars are either driven by either conviction or lust (craving for ohter people stuff). I don’t think we can make religious or political wars happen, but we still need something to motivate the fighting. What better motivation is there than gold?

1 Like

Gold appears to be the new religion here anyway! :joy:

You’re on to something good here i think, Fulgrim!

Its been for the past few thousand years, just open a histroy book :p[quote=“hopskotch, post:25, topic:4818”]
You’re on to something good here i think, Fulgrim!
[/quote]

Just trying to work around the issues to make stuff intresting for all… i’m bored, too little PvP lately :slight_smile:

1 Like