Armageddon problems

Drop HV to t1 or t2 test it you will see

If we had known for sure going in that it was this (which I have had my suspicions, as all active pvp zones seem to disintegrate after a while) we could completely wipe the planet. I am thinking this may be a thing we have to look into for auctoria in 6.0, to keep the battlefield clean. Would just make all the important stuff poiā€™s before hand, and wipe back to that backup semi-regularly, or once trouble comes.

I would like to point out that it is great that we now can prove that a high class base does not impact performance nearly as much as accrued battlefield instability. This bodes well for the future of base defense on the server, provided the obvious things like too many lights are avoided. All structures in the LoT valley on NA cycle every few days, we break down battle damaged ones and rebuild them from factory. I do this of my previously mentioned hunch about unity and handling battle damage. As a result, you can see the difference loading in 4 bases in our valley with just about max vehicles is a thousand times smoother than loading one or two with the vehicles that are salvaged and repaired.
Not to knock on PKA at all btw, outside of this peculiarity, there should be no reason why you should have to break down and start fresh regularly, if you can just repair them. But after seeing rocks on ships, etc., I cant in good conscience keep a ship around that will almost certainly cause issues down the line due to game bugs.

1 Like

I will say that in Arma this morning, 5-7 second lag spikes on almost all large bases but LoTā€¦ Lot gave me a bit of a spike as it rendered the SVā€™s and HVā€™s (no more than a parked CV would), but nothing like EFA and PKA bases where my game locks 5-7 seconds 2 or 3 times each base as it renders.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking:

1. Gold planet
  2. Full wipe every 24 hours.
  3. 24/7 PvP
1 Like

Plus arma, in the same space maybe? I kind of like arma with all its little flaws and perfections.

2 planets one full time pvpā€¦ satisfy both crowds.

Problem is Arma needs a hard limit on whatever is causing it performance issues.

Make em both no BA. Not because they are inherently laggastic, but if the incremental damage tracking is causing issues, less potential of derelict broken blocks.

Thereā€™s no real reason for bases for what the planet is designed for anyhow. Force the bases to be in orbit, respawn and rearm there, come back into the fight with your SV.

Not that it isnā€™t groovy that they are there. Just brainstorming a way to keep the PVP play fields clean. Itā€™s looking like you may not get bothā€¦ not reliably and for long.

And yet:[quote=ā€œhopskotch, post:27, topic:4894ā€]
Make em both no BA
[/quote]

Maybe instead look into why our 5 bases render better than pkaā€™s 2. Or ZCā€™s 2 every time they spawn them. I know the reason, but at this point Ill just let yall figure it out.

BTW during the fight trying to defend my trader base against the hunterpirate horder, I had an idea. If we really want to avoid a planet core over-reach, is there any way we can get from the devs an indicator of last cores in? That can be used to boot the last cores in after some warnings perhaps. That way people cannot just go out into space and spawn stuff, then keep overloading the playfield and circumventing the existing no spawn on high count.

Youā€™re incorrectly connecting the two statements needlessly for dialog to Support your of view which in either agree nor disagree with. Your base lagged me less that the other two; and also, I suggested maybe no bases in response to ranz suggestion.

Iā€™m rather indifferent as to whether bases do or donā€™t cause lag and whether they do or donā€™t ruin the game. They do and donā€™t at different times for different t reasons. There will never be a right way. Especially in this diverse community. :wink:

I just think it would be cool to have a planet with pure vehicle pvp. Easy as that. And while people are suggesting to completely remove the planet as we know it, perhaps itā€™s a middle ground.

You donā€™t need a base here to get yur gold.

1 Like

Sorry to double post. On mobile - good idea, but probably exploitable by one faction simply filling the quote, bam, instant private planet. Or is that over simplifying what you were thinking?

Sorry, I misread this part as you saying that they WERE lag causing, but that was not the reason for the ban.[quote=ā€œhopskotch, post:30, topic:4894ā€]
Or is that over simplifying what you were thinking?
[/quote]

A teensy bit, but it is a valid concern, particularly on planets without a limit on a particular type of core, such as the origin planets. I was mostly thinking of the case of arma.

More I think about it, the more I agree with no bases, or maybe if thereā€™s a way to limit people to Class 1 - 2 bases and no turrets?

Arma should be high risk/high reward and fun SV combat. Iā€™ve gotten into a few SV fights, but thereā€™s been more than one time Iā€™ve had a foe fly over to his turrets for safety.

2 Likes

Here is half the problem. EFA and their LAGGGG HVs with a million lights on the things. This is what they look like, and they are not firing on anything. Every time I look at their base I get hit with internal errors, its ridiculous.

All I see there is a screenshot of an hv at a distance with anywhere from 1-100 lights, and colin and you shit talking in global. If you want to claim someone is exploiting, destroy the ship and count the lights. Dont just guess because it has light there.