Armageddon - PvP on a planet for real!

Man that sounds like a blast!!

I like the idea in concept. Although after some thought I have poked some MASSIVE holes in this system.
Tho fear not for I have solutions.
Pve to pvp switches sound great but when the planet is pve what is to stop.me from
A. Checking out your base defences in GREAT DETAILS, you cant shoot me, you cant block me, and I can map where all your turrets are, even use the t2 drill to make a trench.
B. Focussing on t2, what is to stop me drilling a hole to your base and blasting with a plasma cannon untill I reach your walls? I cant get in untill pvp time, but then I have a prebuilt tunnel. And again you cant stop me.
Laslty I can HAVE 999 HVā€™s? So while the area is pve, I can drive up 200 tanks around your base and. Wait till the pvp switchover and BOOM.
So yeah scary stuff. And since you can only have 1 core per faction you cant have back up defences.

So onto solutions, as by now you are all evacuating or building tanks.

NPC SPAWN POINTS.
Rexxuss im not sure if you can switch these on for players or if you have to buy the devs dinner.
But they are whats needed.
The Npcā€™s tend to camp around backpacks. This will not stop people but will slow them down and deter unprepared raiders.
Npcs will also stop interested players from checking out your base. More wildlife aswell will help to defend bases. As hungry raptors/overlords can grief you while you try to pickup your pack/ snipe turrets. These combined with getting rid of pve pvp switch will give people a better way of defending their base.

As for tunneling, we cant stop it. Nor should we.
If npc guards were in your building, they will spill out when the walls are breached.
All thats needed is defence against it. I.e booby traps/ honey traps and misdirection although these can only eb acheived by using more than 1 core.
If you can suggest to the devs things like claymores and proximity mines. Then and only then would your pvp planet base be remotely defendable with only 1 core guarding it .
So these are the reasons why Armageddon wont work as your base in pvp
If you think im wrong please tell me why.

All of those are fine they can dig a tunnel they can park tanks near the base, we can dig a moat so that tanks cant park in range of our base we can build layers and place doors so you can only dig so far and no more which is only going to allow you easy access to the first layer of base defence, with many more behind it, class 10 base after all.

Also most poeple will log on before the pvp timer kicks in and start closing up your tunnels and parking our own tanks to counter yours :stuck_out_tongue: so yea these tactics are not OP they work but they are also counterable :stuck_out_tongue: come try it and we will show you :smiley:

We have our base on EU well defended. It all depends on your skill as a builder and having an active defence during PVP hours.

The only thing that would needs to be changed is the gold spawn. (There shouldnt be any meteorites during pve)
But i am not sure if that is possible.

/Zappe

1 Like

Yea i agree with that, risk/reward,

Thanks for your feedback.

True what you say and yes legit. But we canā€™t prevent that with the methods we have right now. Later when OP is working again maybe. But now this is part of the theme: Armageddon. A fight till death.

About your ideasā€¦ yeahā€¦ actually there are now drone spawner blocks but not tried them so far. In general here and there I want to increase the survival aspect a lot. Can be combined with it maybe.

So would we be able to .build these drone spawners? That would be awesome.
Dont get me wrong, the whole pve/pvp rotaion is a idea in the right direction, but everytime that a rule is put in place, there will be exploits.
Overall I feel full pvp with more defence ability would be best.
I love the idea of people setting up in pvp zones, but due to the vulnerability of planet bases people are scared. They mostly set up in deep space or, as in the past, on pve worlds.
It makes the planets dull, lifeless and boring.
But if.players can better defend their base interiors with some npc backup then they will hopefully start to.build more cities. Turrets can be replaced, losing a weeks worth of.mining makes people.rage quit.
E.g if all 30 of SWP invade and there are only 2 people in the whole faction then having a few npcs spawning with assault rifles would help matters greatly. Even if it buys you time for an evac.
Not to mention the geek out aspect, think how cool alliance towns/cities would look with ā€˜peopleā€™ traffic?
Help the little guy get a foothold in pvp too

How about when the planet is PvE, the terrain is undiggable like Lucifer, then when it goes PvP, the ground switches back on to fully deformable again. Maybe increase anti-grief zone for that playfield as well? That would stop tunneling during PvE time.

I dunno Iā€™d probably also limit faction SV/HV count to like 50 or something sane as well lol.

1 Like

Anti grief zone stops allies from building close together as well, so its like a double edge sword.

very late on NA switsh to pvp

Armageddon ist down. Its unplayable.
PKA and FDM trashed that planet down.
When you join the Planet you need 5 mins to Render all Struktures. So PKA or FDM could kill you without you can see them. Thats mega boring. pls Allow not so much Struktures on that Planet. The first two days it was a PVP Dreamworld. Now you found a big Lagworld. PKA makes Laggs great again! How every timeā€¦

The Lagguardians are back!

1 Like

Sorry to use transliter, can hardly English, am for the Armagendon only per faction 1 Base admissible is highest class 1, no CV and all a little limit, the map builds itself only slowly and when there fractions Hovers without end jerks jerks It very. It would be nice to have a PVP where everyone has a little fun and not mur the strongest factions.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.