Auctoria 7.0! (NA Server)

Greetings fellow Humans!
It is with great joy that I can now announce the Grand Reopening event for Auctoria Event Planet, back and better than ever! We are now negotiating with the elemental engineers in order to lease one (1) captured Alien Teleporter Device, Serial Number 00FU, for installation in the newly constructed Spectator’s Retreat! Once complete, we hope that this device will work better than the 00FT device captured from the zirax homeworld, which allegedly turned a test contestant inside out. (Interstellar law dictates that we must inform you that it is our belief that this was a pre-existing condition, and in no way due to improper use of teleportation technology).

So back once again will of course be our Auctoria Main Event. On top of that, we have the hand to hand arena (under construction), HV Duel field, and host site for SV competitions both organized and ad hoc. As usual, those with ideas for events to be hosted on Auctoria are welcome to submit their suggestions, and if possible we will implement them!

The planet will be open to visitors as soon as possible, with intermittent events throughout the opening weekend. During this time, factions who wish to compete in the first Main Event may scout out a location that they want, and claim it for themselves. It is requested that the placeholder pads marking these locations not be attacked during this time, as they hold no material value, but are there to ensure the integrity of the event. In the event of an accidental decoring of the structure, please place a core, and contact LoT Personnel to come and recover posession of the pad. On Sunday night the first contestants may take control of their chosen location, and begin building.
A note: These sites are not inherently equal! Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, and part of the challenge is choosing one that will suit your abilities, and you feel offers you the best chance at surviving the weekend.

Some basic information on the planet:

Auctoria (Formerly known as Zirax Planetoid MX-3824766)
Once the jewel of the Zirax empire, Humans have since claimed it for themselves in order to host their bloody proving grounds which have turned out some of the most legendary freelance operators the universe has ever seen. During the week, a planet wide interdiction field similar to the type found on the Elemental Capital City prevents weapon fire from harming humans and Terran structures. However, on friday afternoon this field is lowered, and will remain down until sunday afternoon. This provides the window for the Competitions hosted on the planet. Due to the power requirements of maintaining this window, visitors will notice a sharp change in planetary conditions during these dangerous times, most noticeable among them being a near doubling in the gravitational field of the planet.
PVE Sunday Night - Friday Night
PVP Friday Night - Sunday Night
1 Base per faction, factioned only. In order for a base to be eligible for the Auctoria Main Event competition, it must be build on site (no blueprints) starting from one of the pre designated spots, chosen each week by event personnel. These spots are marked “Contestant Base 01” - “Contestant Base 08”. Visitors are allowed to build small temporary bases, provided they do not infringe upon event areas, and that the owner is aware that the base is subject to attack as part of the Main Event. The planet is home to all common minerals that are necessary for construction of basic elements of survival, and visitors are welcome to mine whatever they may need or desire.

Updated 20171106:
Primary enrollment for Auctoria Event has begun! Those wishing to participate in any of the events this weekend, or support the competition in any way should respond to this post. We are planning on kicking off the friday festivities with an arena duel competition in the newly renovated Thunderdome. All are welcome to participate, no materials are required, Everything from armor to meds will be provided for you, and no personal items are permitted in the arena in order to keep the competition fair.

3 Likes

Love your work dewd, nice job on the editorial … :metal:

1 Like

This sounds awesome! Cannot Wait! :slight_smile:

Cool i like the hand to hand combat arena and hv duel idea will b visiting and setting up base :slight_smile: thanks for holding events :slight_smile:

Primary enrollment for Auctoria Event has begun! Those wishing to participate in any of the events this weekend, or support the competition in any way should respond to this post. We are planning on kicking off the friday festivities with an arena duel competition in the newly renovated Thunderdome. All are welcome to participate, no materials are required, Everything from armor to meds will be provided for you, and no personal items are permitted in the arena in order to keep the competition fair.

1 Like

Im still down, hope to see more come along :slight_smile:

Enrollment is complete! One entry is set to try and brave the weekend. PKA will be defending their base on auctoria over the weekend until sunday mid-day reset.
Here are the rules of engagement.

• PKA may not build additional bases on auctoria beyond the contestant base.
  • No limit to HV, SV, or CV spawns.
  • Competition ends if PKA is CORED (replacing the core will result in disqualification)
  • Any player from the server may come to Auctoria, in assault, defense, or spectator roles. Defenders should ally with each other, these logistics are left up to these factions. Attackers may attack in any way EXCEPT placing a base! Bases placed within siege range of PKA’s base will be removed, and any victory or progress caused by them will be invalid. Spectators must not be part of an attacking or defending faction, and must be transported in LoT vessels. One large transport sv, and several loaner bricks are provided. Loaner bricks should take care not to interfere with combat, else they will be remotely disabled, and the occupant will be stranded on foot on auctoria (not a pleasant situation).
  • Intermittant supply drops will be made to contestants at random intervals throughout the weekend. During these drops, a 10 minute cessation of attack is requested, so that event staff may safely offload, and evacuate the area, while contestants may stash supplies and affect hasty repairs. Combat resumes on signal from myself over global.
  • Tomorrow after the Midday restart (the one that wipes black hole) a Player on Player arena event will be hosted above PKA’s base, provided we are able to complete the arena in time. Any and all players are welcome to attend and/or compete. All gear will be provided, come and test your mettle against some of the fiercest fighters in HWS!

The entire event will be livestreamed (as much as possible) on my twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/mcprouty
Anyone else who wants to record is encouraged to do so.

If you’ll have ACP we will enroll - up to you though.

Hey my gpu is out of service im working on it now should b fixed by this afternoon ill let u kno on discord but rite now we mite aswell b disqualified cuz i couldnt put up a base in time, sry bout that

No one is excluded from this competition, atleast initially. Anyone terrorizing event spectators may be another matter, of course.

FYI for those that were not aware, The Auctoria Main Event was cancelled this past weekend as our only competitor was disqualified for having not built a base before the beginning of the competition. LoT came together however and put together a flying battle arena for close quarters combat and events. Unfortunately no competitors could be found, as they were all too busy mining gold. So what I need from you guys is this: If you want to see these events come about, do something about it. We need feedback, discussion, Commentary and advertisement in global, ideas for additional events, anything! This planet is for the community. I need you guys to help me make it a success.
On that note: This Thursday at 8 PM Eastern (0200 Friday, Server Time) I will be hosting the first auctoria Pod Race!. The rules are simple:

• Make an SV to race, preferably pod racer styled
  • SV must have NO lifting thrust. This is important, and will be grounds for disqualification
  • SV must have atleast 10 x as much acceleration forward as in any other direction
  • No alien cored and/or garage vessels allowed
  • Starting at Spectator base, competitors will follow a course layed out around the surface of the planet, navigating INSIDE of large pod race pylons. If you miss a pylon, you go back and go through it.
  • Planet is PVE, but Spiders are no joke. It is recommended that you not leave your cockpit. If your vessel is disabled, event personnel will come and extract you.
  • First Prize: 1 (one) Diablo SV
  • Second Prize: 500k credits, and the first prize winner’s ship
  • Third place gets fed to spiders.
1 Like

Maybe if your events didn’t happen on the same day/time-frame as the gold refresh more people might show up.

I wanted the event to occur when more people were online. I planned it that way in 4.0 In fact the name Auctoria is a latin derivation loosely meaning weekend. I understand what you mean, but this is not a case of me scheduling on top of another time or event. Oh and not to mention the bulk of the event is actually the build, which happens throughout the week, at each competitor’s own pace and time. So that doesnt really apply here.
Regardless, that is my hope for the pod race event on thursday, since it coincides with nothing.

Ok so based on feedback from a few players, we are bumping the pod race to this sunday, one hour after the pvp to pve restart (mid day for NA, the one where blackhole wipes). Rules remain the same. In order to compete, staff will have to field verify that your pod meets the requirements. If it is not small enough to see that no lifting thrusters are available, you may have to swap it to public so we can check the P menu.
The course spans the entire planet, starting and ending at the teleporter to the EGS HQ. Spectator ships will be pacing the race, so if you want to watch you just have to teleport over, we take care of the rest. Pod racers are available for use for those who dont have time to come up with their own.