Auto Check for Game Update and apply the Update in Emp Admin Helper

I love this tool and it is by far the best GUI server tool for a dedicated game server.

I looked through the topics and didn’t see this. Is there current functionality baked in EAH to perform a periodic check for Empyrion game update - if found, notify players with the timer sequence, shut the server down, perform the update and restart the server?

If not I am looking for an alternative solution or if it might be something that gets added to the tool. It would be a fantastic feature.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Hey,

thanks. Glad you like it.
Please check out this tool: https://empyriononline.com/threads/empyrion-server-auto-update-tools-v1-1-4-0.26031/

It should do exactly what you want. It also takes care of the EAH restart.

Thanks for the response! I tried following the instructions and I receive the error in updater.exe folder. I thought I created the shortcut correctly… I added the -Start parameter

14/11/2018 - 13:25 : ERROR - Not present

Hey,

sorry I don’t know the updater myself :frowning:
You might want to ask in that forum up there.

Thought I would revive the post. The tool that was used does not appear to be updated any longer. Any new integrations with EAH or a feature within EAH that can be used, as in “Timetable” being able to perform the shutdown of the server, execute and externals script and then issue a restart. I would really appreciate an ideas or step by step docs to perform this. Empyrion with all of it’s nickel and dime updates makes it difficult to keep the server current for my community. Thank you.

Hey,

sorry at the moment there is nothing planned in that regard and can only do fixes and minor changes/features.