Automatic Mining + Language Filter out NOW!

Hey guys,

[size=200]NOT UPDATED. VISIT HWS Connect to see the current prizes / stats! empyrion-homeworld.net/hws-connect[/size]

[size=150]TL;DR: all of this is also in the PDA! http://empyrion-homeworld.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=107 [/size]

jascha is back and even he is sick he started to code right away pure awesomness :slight_smile:

So let me introduce:

[size=150]Automatic Miner[/size] version 1
You are tired of mining all over and over again? You hate the noise and just want to have more time for cooler things? Here we go:

am:? shows you every information you need. (AM = Auto Miner)

am:buy:ITEM (for example am:buy:ir buys you an iron auto miner).
Following items are available:
IR = Iron Ore
COP = Copper Ore
COB = Cobalt Ore
MA = Magnesium Ore
PR = Promethium Ore
ZA = Zascosium Ore
ERE = Erestrum Ore
NEO = Neodynium Ore
SI = Silicion Ore
SA = Sathium Ore

am:sell:item (sells your auto miner for 25% you bought them)

am:get AMOUNT (for example am:get:item 100 collects 100 Iron Ore - if you have them)

am:info shows you how much Ores were collected and what level your miner is

So the EC prices for the upgrade are:
100k for the first level and then 100k * upgrade level.

So every hour you get X Ores. Even if you are offline. The X is:
Upgrade level 1 - 10 / hour; Price = Free
Upgrade level 2 - 20 / hour; Price = 200k
Upgrade level 3 - 40 / hour; Price = 300k
Upgrade level 4 - 70 / hour; Price = 400k
Upgrade level 5 - 110 / hour; Price = 500k
Upgrade level 6 - 150 / hour; Price = 600k
Upgrade level 7 - 200 / hour; Price = 700k
Upgrade level 8 - 300 / hour; Price = 800k
Upgrade level 9 - 500 / hour; Price = 900k
Upgrade level 10 - 1000 / hour; Price = 1mil

So all together: the level 10 Upgrade for Iron Ore would cost you 5.4 million EC and would give you 1000 Iron Ore per hour.

It is a first version. Like once announced ingame later it will be a bit changed that you can upgrade to ingots in less upgrade levels.

Please let us know what you think of it. Are the prices, income ok?

[size=150]Language filter[/size]
To prevent bad language (it is against the server rule) jascha implemented also a language filter. That is an automatic way to ban people for spamming insults even if we are not always around.
It already teached 2 people to behave better :wink:

That is our “little” intern update. With the Patch 1.7 there will be some more.

Thanks for your support again and we hope you like it :slight_smile:

Your HWS Team

This is awesome! I love this, especially for someone who only can play a few hours/week.

That being said, I think it’s time we add a hard limit to max block count on CV’s, BA’s etc. This will allow more players to build larger ships which will definitely cause lag issues.

That’s my only concern.

Best,
Marc

I agree, max block counts are needed to maintain server integrity at the moment, at this point US Server is getting pretty laggy, and that’s just a medium sized population.

Tested out the AM and I was able to purchase an ERE and upgrade it once and it never cost me any money. Didn’t take it any further, but it seems they are not working correctly currently.

On a side note I am confused about the explanation of how much each upgrade will cost, as well as how much it will cost to get a miner to level 10. The 2 million for level 10 doesn’t seem to fit either all the upgrades = 2 mil, or even just the one level 10 upgrade = 2 mil.

Hey guys,
thanks for your feedback! That is the very first version and we will tweak it a lot over time. Especially the relationship between the Economy and the Auto Miner.

Regarding Block Size of ships. If we find a way to check that with our tool programmatically we will do it. For now we have to check that manually and / or people do not care about “rules”. Even that I removed some of big CVs from Earth and Mars people still partk BIG CVs on them. It is a fight against winddrills. Anyways we will look into it and make clear that no big CVs belongs to any planets anyways.

@Devis: the first time you buy an auto miner it says “upgrade” but meant “buy”. The first upgrade is for free. The every addidional upgrade (am:buy:ir again and again) will cost you 100000 * the level count (EC). So just the level 10 upgrade costs you 2mill. All upgrades together costs you even more…

But wouldn’t 100,000 * 10 = 1 million and not 2?

I agree, if for each new level you would need to pay 100klevel, e.g. 200k for lvl 2, 300k for lvl 3 and so on, the total sum for all levels would be 5.5 million whereas price to upgrade from lvl9 to lvl10 would be equal 1 mil.
Unless the calculations are done via some other formula,e.g. 200k
lvl.

:wink: Thats how it is!
I entered the prices up there.

NOT SHORE IF THIS IS GOOD FOR TRADING FACTION SEEING HOW U DONT NEED TO DO THE WORK TO MINE NOW OR PAY FOR ORE U JUST GET IT , FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD IS THIS A FORM OF CHEATING EVEN IF ITS NOT REAL CHEATING?

The price’s can be whatever, as the price is relative to how much the resource can sell for. ATM, an Iron Ingot is worth 4EC at the market. So a level 10 Mine costing a total of 5.4mil EC to upgrade, would require selling more than 1.35mil Iron ingots. And by selling those ingots, the market price drops, ultimately as low as 1 EC. Meaning you’d have to sell 5.4mil Ingots for 5.4mil EC. Considering the Mine would output 1000 Ingots per hour, it would take that mine 5400hrs to pay for itself if market bottomed out at 1 EC per ingot. That’s 225 days, or 2/3 of a year.

It is not smart business to invest in something that won’t break even for 225 days.

(Or more realistically, lets look at upgrading just to level 2: Level 2 is 100k btw, OP says 200k, but must have been changed. 100k EC at current market value of 4 EC per ingot is 25k Ingots, which is doable without dropping market value more. The level 2 Mine returns 20 ingots per hours, so to pay for itself, to break even, it would take 1250hrs = 52 days, just short of 2 months. As opposed to mining metoers for the Iron, that is 8.33 meteors, which can be mined in a single day).

So are the prices good? Answer is no. But it’s not really about the AM price, it’s about the economy. Leave the price as is, fix how the market works, so it’s more stable. Once Economy is stable, then I would suggest a price for upgrading the Mine be relative to how long it would take to repay itself. I think maybe 2-3 weeks would be a suitable time period for it to repay itself. Given the nature of the game, how much people play etc, 2-3 weeks is a long time in Empyrion.

Supply vastly outweighs demand, so with a dynamic server value based on supply/demand, the price on resources will always drop to the lowest possible value (except for pentaxit, who’s demand outweighs supply). Thus making resources practically worthless. The Autominer is based on a fixed value to upgrade, and fixed value return. While the server market is based on changing values. Thus the autominer cost is directly relative to current market value for the resource.

Ultimately, with the current system, the already saturated market for ores will be further saturated by the autominer as players upgrade their mines. It’s just further breaking an economy already broken.

I LOVE the idea of Economy, and the Autominer (AM is kind of like another leveling system, something to accomplish) and in a different economy, this would be real fun!

Not directly related to this thread, but I believe AM will work well once the HWS Economy is significantly altered to be sustainable. :slight_smile: I won’t go into detail on that here, it’s kind of off topic.

I’d also note that apparently AM’s aren’t working in the US Server, assuming they accrue ore hourly. Does require a fix

Noticed this as well, and that many people having same issue. Just chatted with RexXxus and he says it shows everything working on his side. As of today. Thursday morning he had CK and Davis? check and it was working for them so maybe the patch last night reset something.

So you might try again today when you get a chance Fenra. i wont be home to play for 7 more hours to confirm if mine is now working.

I was thinking of ways how to stabilize the economy and came up with such ideas:

1. No planet should have all 4 basic resources. A planet should have 3 or less resources, thus increasing the demand and need to buy via trade system.
    In conjunction to this,
  2. Autominers should use pentaxit as fuel. The ratio could be 1:1 for example (lvl1 AM needs 1 pentaxit/hour, lvl2 needs 2/hour and so on). AM could be fueled with some new chatbox command,taking pentaxit from your inventory (e.g. AM:fuel:iron 24 - 24 pentaxit for 24 hours of lvl1, 12 hours of lvl2 and so on). That way it encourages players not to relly entirely on Autominers and thus travel for resources around the solar system.
  3. I can’t remember who wrote that the margin (or the difference between demand and supply prices) is too big but that’s actually what makes players (and especially us traders) refrain from buying too much. Buy price never gets below sell price - this state is because none of the resources gets ever depleted in trading system - because of resource abundance. I believe that if 1. is implemented it should help to reduce the margin.
  4. Reputation Points for traders can be used as a price modifier. I used to do trading in EVE online which has a very sophisticated economy - what we could use from it in this trading system are the price modifiers and tax rates.
    I’ll provide some examples later if you’re interested Rex :slight_smile:

I purchased level 2 mine for 100k, when iI logged out and logged back in later, my EC balance was down another 100k. I was at -97k Balance. I figured Rexxxus had corrected the price in-game to match that listed here on forums, 200k for level 2 upgrade. However, when looking to upgrade another Mine to 2, game informed me it’d cost 100k…

Is this some kind of bug? Is the game telling us it costs 100k, but taking 200k? (even leaving our balance in the negative)

yep - new feature - new bugs :smiley:
Should be fixed now.

[quote=“NafreiuX”]I was thinking of ways how to stabilize the economy and came up with such ideas:

1. No planet should have all 4 basic resources. A planet should have 3 or less resources, thus increasing the demand and need to buy via trade system.
    In conjunction to this,
  2. Autominers should use pentaxit as fuel. The ratio could be 1:1 for example (lvl1 AM needs 1 pentaxit/hour, lvl2 needs 2/hour and so on). AM could be fueled with some new chatbox command,taking pentaxit from your inventory (e.g. AM:fuel:iron 24 - 24 pentaxit for 24 hours of lvl1, 12 hours of lvl2 and so on). That way it encourages players not to relly entirely on Autominers and thus travel for resources around the solar system.
  3. I can’t remember who wrote that the margin (or the difference between demand and supply prices) is too big but that’s actually what makes players (and especially us traders) refrain from buying too much. Buy price never gets below sell price - this state is because none of the resources gets ever depleted in trading system - because of resource abundance. I believe that if 1. is implemented it should help to reduce the margin.
  4. Reputation Points for traders can be used as a price modifier. I used to do trading in EVE online which has a very sophisticated economy - what we could use from it in this trading system are the price modifiers and tax rates.
    I’ll provide some examples later if you’re interested Rex :slight_smile:[/quote]

1 Pentaxit for 10 Iron an hour is absurd though, I’d say make it 1 Pentaxit for like 6/12 hours maybe, make it worth the investment. And yeah if they get up to 1000 / hour it justifies that because they dumped millions of EC into it so they should get a decent bang for their buck.

[quote=“NafreiuX”]I was thinking of ways how to stabilize the economy and came up with such ideas:

In conjunction to this,
    I’ll provide some examples later if you’re interested Rex :slight_smile:[/quote]

Honestly, there is really no need to charge pentaxit for the Miners. ATM, they produce very minuscule amount of ore. They also cost a fortune to upgrade compared to what they return. Pentaxit is already the ‘only’ item in demand. So ATM, Autominers aren’t worth investing in at all. When economy is fixed and prices of ores go back to the midrange, it would become worthwhile. But even then, charging pentaxit isn’t a good idea.
Perhaps another idea is that Autominers will be ‘depleted’. Players would need to ‘find’ a new source to mine, or purchase a new source of ore for the autominer. This might require a rework on AM, to rebalance the pricing. There would be two things to purchase, an ore source, and AM level which affects mining speed.

If we could add random encounter type things to the universe, maybe by exploring/traveling, players have a small chance at ‘finding’ an AM ore source. It would be a virtual thing with an alert that pops up “You have discovered an Iron Source for Autominer” or something. It’d be added to the AM automatically. <- random idea.

You need to have all ore dropping on starter planets, as most players only know default game mechanics, and it’ll take them time to learn trade in HWS server. Things that restrict new players will cause them to leave server, this is a bad thing obviously. Keep things simple for new players, keep all ores available on Starter worlds. However, every other planet should not have more than 3-4 ores available on it, I agree. (Some planets maybe even just 1 rare ore type?) Forcing players to visit other planets for different ores, or trading on the market. So long as there ARE multiple places for each ore type, so 1 faction cannot completely control an ore type. (Control of a commodity in this broken economy will result in that faction NOT selling the ore, and thus making life hard for every other player, hence control of an ore is a BAD thing for the economy).
NB: I think Iron and promethium should be available everywhere. :slight_smile: They are kind of essential ores.

The Reputation thing is an idea… but be very careful with this, so factions cannot exploit the system for infinite currency. This could work really well if implemented well. (I assume this is an aspect of new faction system that’s coming).

I’d very much like to be involved in working out how new server things work BEFORE they are implemented, so I can expose any exploits/problems with a new system before they damage economy. As once exploited, it’s hard to undo the damage.

[quote=“Scruffy”][quote=“NafreiuX”]I was thinking of ways how to stabilize the economy and came up with such ideas:

In conjunction to this,

Honestly, there is really no need to charge pentaxit for the Miners. ATM, they produce very minuscule amount of ore. They also cost a fortune to upgrade compared to what they return. Pentaxit is already the ‘only’ item in demand. So ATM, Autominers aren’t worth investing in at all. When economy is fixed and prices of ores go back to the midrange, it would become worthwhile. But even then, charging pentaxit isn’t a good idea.
Perhaps another idea is that Autominers will be ‘depleted’. Players would need to ‘find’ a new source to mine, or purchase a new source of ore for the autominer. This might require a rework on AM, to rebalance the pricing. There would be two things to purchase, an ore source, and AM level which affects mining speed.

If we could add random encounter type things to the universe, maybe by exploring/traveling, players have a small chance at ‘finding’ an AM ore source. It would be a virtual thing with an alert that pops up “You have discovered an Iron Source for Autominer” or something. It’d be added to the AM automatically. <- random idea.

You need to have all ore dropping on starter planets, as most players only know default game mechanics, and it’ll take them time to learn trade in HWS server. Things that restrict new players will cause them to leave server, this is a bad thing obviously. Keep things simple for new players, keep all ores available on Starter worlds. However, every other planet should not have more than 3-4 ores available on it, I agree. (Some planets maybe even just 1 rare ore type?) Forcing players to visit other planets for different ores, or trading on the market. So long as there ARE multiple places for each ore type, so 1 faction cannot completely control an ore type. (Control of a commodity in this broken economy will result in that faction NOT selling the ore, and thus making life hard for every other player, hence control of an ore is a BAD thing for the economy).
NB: I think Iron and promethium should be available everywhere. :slight_smile: They are kind of essential ores.

The Reputation thing is an idea… but be very careful with this, so factions cannot exploit the system for infinite currency. This could work really well if implemented well. (I assume this is an aspect of new faction system that’s coming).

I’d very much like to be involved in working out how new server things work BEFORE they are implemented, so I can expose any exploits/problems with a new system before they damage economy. As once exploited, it’s hard to undo the damage.[/quote]

I know I am a little late on this but I agree. If you’re going to charge, they amount of ore should be increased. I don’t even bother with the AMs. I think I have a lvl 1 iron but I don’t even use it.