Bank Interest Adjustment

You do see the price to buy it and the interest rate, right?

The price to buy should be to keep credits not for interest. But sense interest is there sure its fine but as long as its not to high like 4 million free everyday by doing nothing. Thats just rediculas!

1 Like

But that ruins my realism, I like it to be as much like real life as possible. /s

But seriously, it’s an investment like how Dark said. You have to be able to pay off all the money that it cost to upgrade to it.

Let’s respect David’s request to keep it civil all, we’re all friends and if not friends then at least fellow gamers here! :slight_smile:

Just because we find other people’s opinions to be disagreeable doesn’t mean they themselves are.

I’ve always viewed the bank as an investment and thus should be treated as such especially for those who are less active as it allows them the ability to PVP. Considering that well over two thirds of our ole GMC/ACM/AAA Alliance worked/studied and so on it meant that people could PVP instead of being stuck grinding, I don’t really know how EU PVP would have sustained itself without assistance from the clerks at the Elemental Bank wisely investing our money :slight_smile:

1mil interest at EB5 is good, it’s still nowhere near the old days I had of 2.5mil a day, or the old days before that with the hilarious faction bank which could gain upwards of like 25-200mil per day, those were our first billiionaires I think! So progress is being made, but I think that throttling interest entirely would certainly harm wider participation.

Naturally grinding can lead to emerging combat and PVP but I think we’ll all agree most PVP is fun when one is actually ready for it, although I have had fun in the past fleeing from multiple enemy warships in a disposable little miner! A bit like the opening of Star Wars! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Wise.

2 Likes

Not from bank interest though. Like i said the bank level should mostly be about keeping credits that don’t wipe. You shouldn’t be relaying on your free bank interest handouts to pay for something you bought. You should be mining for that money not spamming free money commends to get that money.

But like i said before people have been so spoiled in the past seasons that now they think that spoil is the new norm. Its not.

But we can’t have a balanced economy when all that its going to be based off of is if people are happy not be spoiled and have free stuff. Because people naturally want to have free stuff and be spoiled in general.

Do you have a RL bank account? You get interest there and it’s a percentage of what you have…

But as Wiseman said, you should be able to get that interest and it should allow late game players to have the ability to do what they love, which is normally PvP. You can’t hold decent scale PvP without buying resources if you’re just logging in when you can/when real life allows it. Killing the late game players fun, is a good way to tank HWS as that is where most of the donators are.

Yes but they don’t give you no 1 percent of what you have currently saved in the bank. They give something like 0.3% or 0.4% of what you have saved up.

0.3% of 100 million is three hundred thousand not 4 million.

But this is an implementation of that system in a game, where we get to have a little bit of fun. Does this mean that we should have to pay taxes and get a job too?

Regardless, it’s obvious that you’re not gonna understand anything I say so I’ll drop it here.

Looks like i misread the percentages amount of interest. I thought it said 1% of interest on the highest eb level instead of 0.1%. My bad!.. :shushing_face: So never mind i like the changes David. xD :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :hugs:

First of all i’d like to make it clear i’m not joining this discussion nor am i picking a side.
But you should never compare empyrion to real life. Nothing about empyrion is realistic, and it’ll only causs trouble comparing it to RL.

1 Like

But it’s not by doing nothing is it? It’s by saving for 2-3 seasons to get to EB 10. You are all ignoring the fact that players have worked & invested so that they don’t have to grind.

2 Likes

Umm how about the Fact it cost 1700 rp, and 175M to get that bank 10

2 Likes

Per season (Unless HWS of course expects everyone to donate everytime, which of course would be paying to play…)

Yeah but this isn’t a case of being disgruntled briefly over a change, this is a case of you pulling a fast one and then retreating under the guise of being new & trying to address feedback that isn’t existing (by what we are clearly seeing as the majority of the “community”) I certainly didn’t say to nerf EB.

Damn right.

Hows about you use some other willing participant for a test subject instead of the general population of HWS? Millions of times before have others tried to nerf OCD & EB, and they’ve all made the simple mistake: You cannot nerf either and still be HWS.

Sidenote, the minimal communication from @RexXxuS over these issues is a bit worrying, hope you haven’t completely handed over the reigns of game balance.

1 Like

please give David a chance. he is volunteering a lot of personal time and sacrificing a lot to work on the economy. he has had zero game time since taking on this huge task. there is no one right answer. no one true path to greatness. it is very fluid and we have to ride the waves. let’s see how this week plays out and it can be adjusted accordingly. we have all played games that have come and gone that would have gone so much further if the developers would take the time to listen and adjust their games as oppose to milking a cash wow. ride these waves together and prepare with better surf boards to keep the game going.

1 Like

Dont i know it. But the point is still there isnt it, how many millionaires in rl live off their interest to be able to do anything they want? For a very simple comparison how many pvpers can pvp because their interest pays for their ammo allowing them to do anything they want? This is why i suggested a timer for the interest to determine if someone is ‘active’ so people can not just log in and collect interest for nothing.

1 Like

Yes regardless you don’t have to pay each season to keep credits though. Once you buy the keep credits it stays forever. It deosn’t get wiped each season.

Keep credits permanent has been removed & now only has temp season ones.

TL, read some.

My main point of irritation is the use of multiple accounts accruing interest. Should be 1 account period, one for EU and one for NA, not 4, not 12, etc. Not sure how Rexx could go about this, but I am sure he has access to see the transfers of credits between accounts and can view the total time played per account to make some positive determinations on what is probably an alt and what is a main character.

3 Likes

It has? I didn’t read that anywhere. Maybe i missed it. hmm…