Base appears to have disappeared?

Status update: I tried myself a lot of different bases and situations with my second player.
I never could reproduce any unreliable OP. At least on my local test server.
I’ll test on HWS NA next.

1 Like

Understood, thanks very much for the update

FWIW, I remember when I played pvp alpha 12 with OLP that there was an issue with the device’s placement relative to terrain ground. Specifically, the OLP device must be placed above ground level or else it is not functional.

If you place the OLP in a bp and spawn the base into the game, and the OLP ends up below ground level when the base is spawned, it will NOT be functional.

I am not sure if this is what is going on here, but I figured I would share.

1 Like

This is true for the Landclaim Device but not for the OP device.

The landclaim device as well as the olp was above ground. The owners of that base have respawned it and placed the olp device on the base after it was spawned, and now the olp seems to be working.

Status Update:
I was able to reproduce a bug where the OP does not work at all.
Investigating now together with Eleon and a hotfix might come asap.
Regarding the ticket: since it was the key stone to get all of this triggered, a probably 5 year OP bug, that circumvent any OP, I restored the base, as form of thanks for helping me with that to find it.
But… OP bases are currently vulnerable.
After the fix is I can share the details for those that are interested.
Right now I feel it would be unfair to announce how to those that are asleep.

3 Likes

Rex - Thanks so much for taking all the time to track this issue down, I really appreciate it. Also thanks for restoring the original base!

Would be very interested to know the cause once the issue has been patched out and cannot be exploited. As a programmer I thoroughly enjoy bugs that aren’t my own making…

2 Likes

Hey @Feussy
you’re welcome :+1:

And as announced in Discord… it was very weird to find out after so many years.
For the future don’t forget the Landclaim Device.

1 Like

How can you get a core that close without getting taken out by the enemy bases guns? Also in my screen shot posted in this thread, you can see 2 of the three bases had OLP active, even though all three structures have OLP devises…and there were no newly placed cores. The only player cores on GG at the time were SYN’s 3 bases, Op4’s 3 bases, and two cores from what remained of DM’s 2 bases. Im not sure what weve been seeing on the server is what you are showing us in the video Rexx…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.