Been unable to login to HWS NA for the past couple days

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======
OS W7Ult x64
What happened: Can’t login
Player(s) with issue: TriggeredFingered
Server: HWSNA
Time (cb:time): Past 3 days, most recent attempt about 20 mins before posting
Playfield: Noob Zone Planet, icy, can’t remember the name, faction “TestFactionPlsIgnore” would be an easy way for you to know via admin tools
Structure Name(s): N/A
Structure ID(s): N/A
How can we help you now: 1. Please give my structures (a couple SVs holding all my collected noob junk) A few days extra grace period before they auto-delete. I didn’t have long left when I last looked at the :wipe command. At least until I can log back in and get them off the damned auto-wipe planet like I was planning to do within a couple more hours of grind and BP fill

1. Any idea why I can’t connect? Did you guys use your “Impersonation” software I read about somewhere on my (to you local) accountID# now locking me out of EAC Auth because of a missing token that got passed to your impersonation instead of me? Just checking, cause you know, anti-cheat locking out “impersonation” sounds like a normal thing that could happen.

It all started on saturday, I tried to login during a ~90 player online time and got stuck in the loading screen for around 2 minutes before it kicked me back to main menue with no notice. I just assumed network traffic and “not actually able to host 170 players” and went on to building some prefabs in SP Creative.
Tried again couple hours later, again on sunday, again this morn.

Looking at console and logfiles it seems to be in some EAC auth loop. I read a bit on google about it, found related thread somewhere on these forums from2017 and another from 2016. Figured I’d make my own instead of necro (esp since I can’t find them right now)

What I’ve tried: Restarting PC, verifying emp integrity in steam, uninstall/reinstall EAC from Emp subolder, deleting playfeild data in emp cache for HWS (litterally the only server cached right now). chkdsk, ping 8.8.8.8 50 packets (no loss). check for other EAC games installed (none I know of, especially none that were run between last logon friday and rejection on saturday)

Should I try: Delete ALL my cache data including playerdata for HWSNA? I seem to remember somewhere that this could screw up the couple blueprints I have cooked and ready to spawn in my inventory, any idea if that’s true? Backup BP folders and uninstall/reinstall Emp might be my next goto but I figured I’d check if you guys have other ideas.

Would just deleting my steamID playerinfo from your server and asking an admin to re-level me to 15 via commands at some agree login time be easier? Unsure if that’ll fix any possible EAC token mis-match but it seems like a logical step.

####################### Snippet of console/log file here

01-14:12:38.421 09_12 -LOG- Local player {mynumbers}/‘TriggeredFingered’
Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Empyrion_Data\Managed\System.Transactions.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Empyrion_Data\Managed\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)
01-14:13:22.894 09_13 -LOG- Connecting to server HWS NA |PvPvE|Custom Universe|Story|Hard|Active|Mods…
6597:IOCR, ID_OPEN_CONNECTION_REQUEST
01-14:13:23.318 09_13 -LOG- Steam: GetAuthSessionTicket for player (mynumbers): 3
01-14:13:23.536 09_13 -LOG- Connected to server [EAC.ConnReset]
01-14:13:23.618 09_13 -LOG- Starting Client game. Local player (mynumbers)/‘TriggeredFingered’
01-14:13:23.658 09_13 -LOG- EAC: Pushing 24 bytes from dedi to EAC
01-14:13:23.692 09_13 -LOG- EAC: Popped 24 bytes for dedi (seq 0)
01-14:13:23.926 09_13 -LOG- EAC: Pushing 24 bytes from dedi to EAC
01-14:13:23.943 09_13 -LOG- EAC: Popped 24 bytes for dedi (seq 1)
01-14:13:24.175 09_13 -LOG- EAC: Pushing 64 bytes from dedi to EAC
01-14:13:24.227 09_13 -LOG- EAC: Popped 252 bytes for dedi (seq 3)
01-14:13:24.227 09_13 -LOG- EAC: Popped 24 bytes for dedi (seq 4)
01-14:13:24.227 09_13 -LOG- EAC: Popped 3 messsages in a row
01-14:13:25.794 09_13 -LOG- Save game version Alpha 8.6.1, Build 1875
01-14:13:26.731 09_13 -LOG- EAC: Popped 252 bytes for dedi (seq 5)
01-14:13:26.731 09_13 -LOG- EAC: Popped 2 messsages in a row
01-14:13:29.238 09_13 -LOG- EAC: Popped 252 bytes for dedi (seq 7)

01-14:14:34.305 09_14 -LOG- EAC: Popped 252 bytes for dedi (seq 59)
01-14:14:34.305 09_14 -LOG- EAC: Popped 2 messsages in a row
01-14:14:36.810 09_14 -LOG- EAC: Popped 252 bytes for dedi (seq 61)
01-14:14:36.811 09_14 -LOG- EAC: Popped 2 messsages in a row
The server has disconnected from the client. Most likely the server has shut down.

(Filename: Line: 778)

01-14:14:37.343 09_14 -LOG- Got disconnected from server: LostConnection
01-14:14:37.343 09_14 -LOG- Steam: CancelAuthTicket 3, disconnect reason: LostConnection
01-14:14:37.345 09_14 -LOG- Disconnected from server [ConnRes]
01-14:14:37.393 09_14 -LOG- Got disconnected from server: Disconnected
01-14:14:37.395 09_14 -LOG- Playfield saving and cleaning up
01-14:14:37.414 09_14 -LOG- Playfield saving and cleaning up done
Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2)

Hello @TriggeredFingered

thanks for the detailed request.
Sometimes a chunk is corrupt and it helps if you change the position.
I warped you now on a different location on that planet.
Maybe it works now?

Other than that, it can happen that EAC blocks Clients completely.
Worst case: you are banned directly on the EAC servers. Don’t know why.
Other ideas: the connection is instable — you are playing via Proxy / VPN.

That are the only use cases I know of / happened already.

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot now.
Not on VPN, hard-lined to my ISP modem/router hybrid -> DSL

Ed: Just tried to login, same count=up to 61 pop skipping every even number after 4, then disconnect lost connection.
I’m gonna take a look at ping again for lost packets and release/renew and reboot my router again to see if it’s some weird tunneling issue.
Any other ideas on your end? How do I find out if EAC flagged me for no reason?

OK so after I manually changed my modem/router’s MAC id to force an IP addy change I’ve managed to get to the “redownload playfield” part of logging in. That’s currently in progress (I assume decently large files being put back into cache after my delete)

Seems to have been some weird “no I refuse to signal to this specific IP address” thing with EAC.

To anyone that finds this via google: change your MAC and reet your IP addy and you’ll probably be good.

1 Like

Ok, Apparently I LIED. Cause right after it downloaded all the playfields again. it froze me out, and after alt+f4 and reload reconnect it’s back to the same damned EAC loop!

AAAARGH.

Hmm, since 40+ other player can play just fine it isn’t on our end I’m afraid.
Just in case I can try to wipe you from HWS completely and you re-try.
It worked at some time, right?
You did anything different? Moved to a new location? Changed your PC or so?

Worked just fine on Friday, all last week. suddenly stopped working as of saturday.
I do understand it’s not a server-wide issue. I do also wonder if there’s some weird mis-match between what your server thinks my client is and what my client thinks your server is. I nuked the cache files entirely on my end and it still EAC loops me.

Also tried forcing DNS primary/secondary to 8888 &8844 incase ISP DNS has some corruptions…nope. Flushdns…not having it. Blegh.

It’s rather annoying cause I was hoping to GTFO of noobland and into the server proper after grinding out lv 15 and having a couple blueprints in my pocket. I’m almost tempted to throw in the towel on Emp at this point. If the anti-cheat is false-flagging me, what’s the point, right?

That was just a blind guess. Probably a wrong guess.

I mean everything is stored and save. I did a fresh clean wipe of your player now to see where the problem lies. If it was just an initial “ping” I can transfer your progress + compensation towards your “new” player again.

I know how frustrating it can be.
Did you try the EU server btw.? As a test?

What I remember as well:
Do you play Fortnite or other EAC games as well?
It happened for me that EAC blocks other games then.
It blocked me while I had Empyrion running and tried to start Fortnite.

Hey, you mentioned EAC could be banning you for some reason? Have you tried joining another EAC-enabled servers? That way you can confirm is some EAC-wide problem or just this server only.

Nope, no other EAC games. Checked that back when it started.

I just tried a couple other servers. those I can connect to and play on at least once I’ll try and see if it’s a problem on second/third/nth connect on those tomorrow.

From what I can tell HWS in particular is refusing my client or bad-routing back to my IP? Are you guys on a rig in someone’s back room where you can check the router/switch to see if it’s flagging my IP for some reason? If it’s datacenter, do you have the ability to do same? I ask because it DID work for 9/10 of a load/connection when I hard-reset my IP and WAN MAC…and then back to the same.

I’m waiting for EAC to get back to me via email from a report/ticket I sent to them on monday as well. Yay for funky modular programming.

As written via PM, I could not see any list of my provider which particular exclude some players.

A final step could be to escalate it directly to the provider.
Will take a while - if they answer at all.

LOL, we’ll see if it’s truly a “solution” but thanks for going above and beyond whatever the result is.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.