Big drama on NA - Big hack - big punishment!

RavenDD, I’ve enjoyed our chats on Discord and for the most part I like you and many in 5AP. So please understand that I do not have an axe to grind with 5AP - we picked fights with 5AP because you came out to fight us not due to some deep hatred.

With that said - I would have banned you for this - and I like you.

Here is the deal - you are the faction leader. You are responsible for the actions of your members, you are responsible for the culture of your faction and it is your job to have discovered that your faction was exploiting before the admins did. You failed.

You either failed by recruiting scum and/or you failed in creating a culture that is totally intolerant of blatantly exploiting the game.

I do not know if you have ever lead a team in real life, but one of the things you get taught in any leadership course is that the failure of any one of your team members is your failure.

It is only fair, after all do you not benefit from the success of the individuals within your team? Should you not suffer from their failures as well?

In all seriousness, if LBP got caught doing the same thing I’d have expected to find the exploiter and Xanif and myself banned on the spot.

The cheat itself is stupid, and I don’t think it gave you guys much of an advantage in holding Gold or in our CV fights - but either way those accomplishments are forever tainted. At best this exploit saved you the drudgery of loading ammo and not having to worry about having 10+ ammo boxes on your CV.

Frankly speaking, if I was in your shoes - I’d disband the entirety of 5AP and start from scratch. Get rid of the people you admitted you’d rather not have in your faction (I wonder if the exploiter was one you’d rather have been without), get rid of the people you don’t even know. Start fresh with a core of good people - you know who they are - and grow from there.

1 Like

That’s a bit harsh I think.

I’m confident the majority of 5AP had no idea this was happening. Having said that, the 5AP leadership is responsible for vetting new recruits and, subsequently, the actions they take while in the faction. This wasn’t a handful of turrets stocked by one person, this was all turrets on every base on gold.

Honestly, the punishment, in my opinion, falls somewhere in the range between “slap on the wrist” and “gentle reminder.” RP was wiped (what pirate cares about RP?), only the leader of the hack was banned, not the leader of the faction, and a wipe of gold removed all instances of the exploit from the server.

I’m surprised that there were no audits of the turrets especially after all the accusations of 5AP turrets exploiting terrain. An occasional spot check of turrets would have caught this exploit and allowed it to be resolved internally. I record everything I do in game because of the number of false accusations thrown at LBP and I know others do as well to present as evidence when we are falsely accused so why weren’t these turrets being watched like a hawk as they were the source of all complaints directed at you just as warp camping seems to be the primary complaint against LBP. Especially since some of these complaints are valid but qualified (stuck in ship after warp in or warp without ship resulting it CV’s being on warp in point for more than 3 minutes) and we would need hard evidence to show that this was not intentional.

Live and learn I guess.

For a give or take 60 person faction. I think some of you are being kinda harsh. I think the admins took the right route they got ride of the main problem causers and left the rest of the faction to regroup and rethink before moving forward. Unless this was something you could do ingame, I think I know what they used it used to be the only thing available for this game and we had a guy on Liberland show us most of what it could do. Unfortunatly if it gets past EAC theres not much a faction can do to find out if someone is using a program right off unless the person makes a critical question asking mistake. Like when I first started multiplayer during the “T” glitch a guy publiced my base and then asked me why I had steel plates in my food processor, yet he was eating canned goods. If its not a dead giveaway, its not gonna be noticed, and if they get such a thing after learning the game and they’ve already passed your test. Then its gonna be bad anyway.

I would say before, you guys get big on a planet again you will need to ask for volunteers to memorize clip sizes and ammo stacks to start. Then when you have bases/vessels spawned in you can have them double check everything, when it first appears and every day or two to make sure a single person didn’t try something when they thought, everyone else in the faction is comfortable. After that its harder but you want people to learn what guns fire in which environment that is critical you don’t want flak and artillery on cv’s to suddenly fire in atmo.

As for testing your individuals I have no clue even as faction leader I’m having to comb over everything I can with just having two other members and things can still slip through. Mistakes can still be made. The test we already had it technically when someone blew up our base almost completely on neo the first time. The lose everything test and see how they react.

Other than that I have enjoyed my fights with 5ap and had no problem seeing or fighting your bases. Look forward to our engagements in the future.

1 Like

They choose to become a 60 person faction. Nobody forced them to get this large. They got this large because - and this a direct quote “[they] wanted to dominate the server.”

You don’t test the individual yourself. You create a solid core and a solid culture and as a result your members vet each other.

Someone in 5AP knew about this - someone other than the exploiter - and they didn’t speak up. It wasn’t that they got a bad apple - it’s that it seems others were OK with the bad apple being there as long as it benefited them.

Now it’s suddenly “Boo hoo but we are so large!” 5AP did this to themselves.

I understand Mordgier in my first paragraph I did say regroup and rethink. I’m sorry I did not elaborate as it woulda been a few paragraphs longer than it was. They may decide not to be a big faction anymore. Theres many things they might do atm time will tell.

I mean yeah if your point is that we as a community shouldn’t judge all 5AP members as exploiters - I totally agree.

5AP has some really good people who had no idea this was going on. 5AP was basically a bunch of cliques as I understand many of which didn’t interact with the others - which can totally explain how a group within a group knew all about this and ruined the whole of 5AP as a result.

1 Like

The point is that the entire 5AP group that has been in the gold for the past two weeks and directly involved and therefore guilty, the rest was just in the wrong place, there is no way that only one or two players have put that absurd amount of missile bases , I have been on the gold floor since Sunday and were a perimeter mine, and often one base covered the blind spot of the other, this was not done by a single lone individual, this was mounted by an organized group And well coordinated …

Guilty by association perhaps, but I spent largely three weeks on Gold and I didn’t know our turrets had glitched ammo clips - we had guys checking them twice a day to make sure they had ammo in them - or at least that’s what I thought they were doing.

You can look at all the structures I spawned, and loaded with ammo and fuel, not a single BP has any sort of glitch tied to them. And hate to tell you this Freeman, but putting up that many bases is really easy to do when you’ve got two weeks of peace to setup defenses… heck, give me 3 days and I could setup something similar.

We aren’t really a 60 person faction, we have 60 people in it yeah, but at most we have 15 people on at any given times, and in recent times that number has been 10. On Gold we rarely had more than 5 on planet, sometimes we had 3, other times I was the only one.

Perception is - they have 60 members etc…, but in reality we have a fraction of that active.

I really wish we could kick offline people so that we could remove all of the people that are probably never coming back to this game.

Unless this was said somewhere in game/on another thread, I haven’t seen this said by any of our members directly here. crazyfly tried to cut us some slack there due to our size but I agree with you there, nobody forced us to become this size, we shouldn’t get any leniency because of it. I do think what he was trying to say was that not everyone in 5AP knew about this exploit, so anyone generalizing the entire faction as a group of exploiters is being a bit harsh (not referring to the punishment here).

Now that I’m even aware that I need to look out for stuff like this, I will be all over this personally. It pisses me off to no end that, as Mordgier stated, any of our “accomplishments” are now forever tainted by this. I said above I will do my best to prevent something like this from happening ever again and I meant it.

This is one of the most frustrating things about this, but I wasn’t going to be the one to say it. Yes, obviously it’s an advantage, and I agree with the punishment and all of that, but along the lines of what you said… let’s assume for a second that the entire faction knew about the exploit - what a lame advantage to take this sort of risk for.

This is wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. I spent almost all of my time on Gold and never manned a turret like this, never drove a CV like this, flat out did not know this was happening. You can choose to not believe me, and that’s fine because at the end of the day your opinion doesn’t matter, but I figured I would chime in and let you know that you are just flat out wrong about this, and there are even several people outside of 5AP posting in this thread that would disagree with you as well.

I have been greatly affected by this, I had no idea of this glitch and im…I’d say frustrated but that wouldn’t do it justice. I’m absolutely livid. I do agree that we should be punished as a faction regardless if we knew of the glitch or not as it provided us with a very unfair advantage.
My account has been banned due to the fact I was gifted a ship by one of the players who knew of this glitch and the ship they had gifted me was glitched.
I had no idea or incline that my turrets were glitched on the cv, I had only received the cv a day prior to the glitch being discovered and had never entered the turrets, I only used the frontal weapons as the turrets are automated.
After seeing the screen shots ( one of the cv I was using) I couldn’t believe it, the shock and disbelief I felt was quickly overcumb by rage.
I have messaged rexxxus already regarding this but so far have had no reply. I’m happy to accept a punishment even tho I was unaware, I’d even be happy to spent a week on elemental prison, but a ban till 4/12/2102 is to me very harsh :frowning:

1 Like

Yes you are not guilty, let’s see you and 5 more friends are going to rob a bank, you do not go to rob the bank, but you stay in the car waiting for your friends to come back, they come back you drive the car and you flee, you get caught, give you Says the police: “I did not do anything just drive the car …” you’re complicit and guilty of a crime, and that’s a fact …

This is a poor analogy.

You and five friends get into a car and go for a drive, your one buddy stops into the bank and comes out five minutes later with no cash in hand. The police stop you, and arrest you as accomplices, and your alibi is -

“Office, I had no idea my friend robbed the bank. He had no weapon on him, he had no cash on him, he simply walked into the bank and walked out like nothing had happened.”

Any competent lawyer would get the charges dropped.

2 Likes

In that example I would agree with you. I would knowingly be participating in a crime. What has happened here is quite different. I’m not really sure how to explain it to you other than to tell you that you are wrong.

Ok I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you did not see that bp was adulterated …

But remember - you now have a serious annotation in your file

Agreed with ranzeth. This is a poor analogy.

Tbh I never once said I wasn’t guilty I’m stating i was unaware there’s a difference!
A). I stated we should be punished as a faction
B).I mentioned I would be happy to spend time in elemental prison,
Again no statement saying I wasn’t guilty.
But I do feel my account being banned is harsh.

That’s exactly it. It’s hard to see that a blueprint has a problem when you simply have never interacted with it. I’ve flown over these turrets a million times on the way to and from combat, but have never been involved with setting them up, fueling/ammoing them, using them for defense in an attack - nothing. And so many of the people in our faction are in the exact same boat. 5AP had how many structures on Gold Planet? I don’t understand why so many people assume that every person must have interacted with every one of them. A very good friend of mine that I’ve known for 15 years (Pigeon), who I know would never intentionally cheat - he abhors cheating - was also banned in this. He spawned a bunch of the towers, but has a very small amount of play time in this game and didn’t even know there was a problem. At first he thought he got banned because he didn’t properly unbury a turret he spawned.

Like Gogzy said, he literally got given the ship the day before and had no idea, and he too is banned… we definitely understand the seriousness of this but for people to assume that every single one of us knew about this and just tried to keep it quiet… it’s just not true.

Just to clear one thing up you will not be banned permanently

a few things

1. You will be banned for a certain period of time (even if the fix comes tomorrow) we are discussing a firm but fair amount of time.

2. Regardless of whether you knew this was YOUR ship, you made me aware of that :wink:

3. Your dissatisfied post only led to case that you did know about the hack (even if you actually didnt), Why so defensive? I am an admin why would i just go around jumping in peoples ship without a reason? Before you say why didn’t i tell you that reason…simple, if i had of what was stopping you like some of the faction members had already started doing…‘Destroying’ the evidence.

1 Like

Think about it: RexxSuss, could have banned you, reported you to Eleon as a hack user, and cheater, Eleon reports you to steam and as a result you lose your account, do not think that does not happen, occurs with H1Z1, several players Were banned from steam as they were using hak programs, more specifically the cheater engenier …

Believe you’re in profit yet …

That’s not how any of that works.

Edit: Keep in mind that it’s totally possible that some people used this cheat unknowingly by making BPs for ships that used this and then spawning these ships or bases and so on. Oh and there is no need for cheat engine, you can edit bps with a hex editor and do funky stuff like set CVs to BAs and so on…and then upload these hacked BPs right up to the workshop…game does not do any sanity checking when loading a BP.

3 Likes